Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have added another RB that can pound the rock in the 7th imo. Granted, you aren’t getting a stud there, so you roll the dice...but we knew that McDonald was likely hitting the PS anyway. Might was well get a guy that may be able to fight for some goal line work, backup, and block etc....
We did sign Cameron Scarlett as an UDFA, dont know much about him though.

We should have added another RB that can pound the rock in the 7th imo. Granted, you aren’t getting a stud there, so you roll the dice...but we knew that McDonald was likely hitting the PS anyway. Might was well get a guy that may be able to fight for some goal line work, backup, and block etc....
The McDonald pick pissed me off more than it should have. 7th round picks should be height/weight/speed guys who might make the roster on special teams and then you have time to develop them for a year.

The McDonald pick pissed me off more than it should have. 7th round picks should be height/weight/speed guys who might make the roster on special teams and then you have time to develop them for a year.
Exactly....not a pick you don’t use at all or simply throw away. Hell, draft a kicker if you need to for competition. Just seemed like a legit wasted pick....Albeit, 7th’s don’t generally turn into gold, but still...

I think 7th rounders are developmental guys at any position. There is a trait you see that you feel you can cultivate regardless of position. To be honest, I hold out little hope for either 6th or 7th rounders and don’t really care how they roll the dice. If they pan out for a year or two and fill a gap, hurray, if not, don’t spend a lot of gray cells on it.

I think 7th rounders are developmental guys at any position. There is a trait you see that you feel you can cultivate regardless of position. To be honest, I hold out little hope for either 6th or 7th rounders and don’t really care how they roll the dice. If they pan out for a year or two and fill a gap, hurray, if not, don’t spend a lot of gray cells on it.
Marquis Colston was a 7th round pick. I don’t understand why JROB doesn’t just pick a bunch of Marquis Colston quality guys there. I mean COME ON JROB! ;)

It’s not a total reflection on the QB, but it does indicate a level of stability and reliability.
Differ, VY, Tebow, brad Johnson, CK.
Stable, reliable QBs with winning %.

I’m sure with a little research we can quickly find a bunch more QBs to prove it’s not a QB stat but the team they play for.

Differ, VY, Tebow, brad Johnson, CK.
Stable, reliable QBs with winning %.

I’m sure with a little research we can quickly find a bunch more QBs to prove it’s not a QB stat but the team they play for.
You are speaking in absolutes. We are saying there is some value in a winning percentage but not the primary measure. Just look at last year, RT clearly made a difference in our record. He wasn’t the sole reason, but definitely a reason.

You are speaking in absolutes. We are saying there is some value in a winning percentage but not the primary measure. Just look at last year, RT clearly made a difference in our record. He wasn’t the sole reason, but definitely a reason.
I’m dealing in absolutes as far as W/L being a QB stat, it’s not.
Even as you pointed out, the best QB in the league (THill) still wasn’t the sole reason for W/L.

For whatever reason, this stat doesn’t get associated with any other individual position on the team despite many cases being the bigger reason for W/L than the QB. For example, 5-6 years ago, the Texans. The W/L should be associated with JJ Watt, not “insert Texans QB”. Without looking it up, does Watt have an over .500 winning %?

I’m dealing in absolutes as far as W/L being a QB stat, it’s not.
Even as you pointed out, the best QB in the league (THill) still wasn’t the sole reason for W/L.

For whatever reason, this stat doesn’t get associated with any other individual position on the team despite many cases being the bigger reason for W/L than the QB. For example, 5-6 years ago, the Texans. The W/L should be associated with JJ Watt, not “insert Texans QB”. Without looking it up, does Watt have an over .500 winning %?
OK, at NO point am I saying it is a quarterback stat. However, I am saying you would rather have a guy who has won than one who has not. I really don’t think we disagree. You keep framing it as if some one said “sole reason” and no one did. You actually acknowledge my point by referencing Tannehill. Go back and read what I wrote. I said he wasn’t the sole reason but surly contributed. A team wins as a team and loses as a team, but certain individuals contribute to both outcomes more than others. I would rather have a player at ANY position that has won more than he has lost.

OK, at NO point am I saying it is a quarterback stat. However, I am saying you would rather have a guy who has won than one who has not. I really don’t think we disagree. You keep framing it as if some one said “sole reason” and no one did. You actually acknowledge my point by referencing Tannehill. Go back and read what I wrote. I said he wasn’t the sole reason but surly contributed. A team wins as a team and loses as a team, but certain individuals contribute to both outcomes more than others. I would rather have a player at ANY position that has won more than he has lost.
Explained that way, I think we are on the same page.

The original quote I commented on was not on that page (similar to the ESPNs of the world) and absolutely associate W/L records to the QBs. It’s why people remember Mettenberger was 0-10 despite an absolute garbage team)

This is the original quote I commented on but I thinks it’s deleted.

I think Dangermode was just saying the overall package that Seimien brings is a relief compared to what Woodside and Pineapple brought. You want a guy who has started and experienced some success vs a guy who hasn’t. At least I do...

I think Dangermode was just saying the overall package that Seimien brings is a relief compared to what Woodside and Pineapple brought. You want a guy who has started and experienced some success vs a guy who hasn’t. At least I do...
I agree with the experience part although a guy can only get experience by being thrown in there.
But his winning percentage is irrelevant. I mean, look our last couple years at QB. People were glad we replaced Cassel with Gabbert.
Then people were hesitant (albeit a smaller crowd) on THill because of his previous record with Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back