Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Semen has more wins than losses as a starter, thats worth something

Woody hasnt ever seen a real game
What is that worth?
If he had more losses than wins, he would still be looked at as a better option than Woodside. It’s his experience people want.

I agree with the experience part although a guy can only get experience by being thrown in there.
But his winning percentage is irrelevant. I mean, look our last couple years at QB. People were glad we replaced Cassel with Gabbert.
Then people were hesitant (albeit a smaller crowd) on THill because of his previous record with Miami.
Positive experience is better than negative experience. A winning attitude is important as well as the confidence that comes from winning. While we all agree that winning record is not the sole measure of any player, there is an intangible benefit that comes from winning vs losing at the QB spot.

Positive experience is better than negative experience. A winning attitude is important as well as the confidence that comes from winning. While we all agree that winning record is not the sole measure of any player, there is an intangible benefit that comes from winning vs losing at the QB spot.
That’s where we disagree then.
If a QB is good, his experience playing is the value not whether he won or lost. We’ve seen that over history although the league and fans don’t have any patience anymore in today’s game, either win immediately (regardless of team around) or be tossed aside possibly without even a second shot.

Thill is a great example. Dolphin fans were done with him (wide majority anyway) because he wasn’t winning. Some titans fans were skeptical because he hadn’t been a “winning QB” in Miami.
Then he played and not very surprisingly, that record was irrelevant and he was the top QB in the league.

after thinking about it, Siemian is hardly a winning QB himself. If given more chances to start in Denver or NYJ, he’d surely be a losing QB.

I've always favored an experienced vet as a backup. As the backup, they don't get the same game preparation as the starter. They're busy running the scout team all week. They need to be able to put on the helmet and lead a team without throrough preparation. It's a mental thing at that point.

A very smart pick up here....Siemian has a lot of starts under his belt, and the numbers are well within the range of a quality backup. Also lets not forget he mostly played on bad football teams. I also like the fact he can throw touchdowns regularly when in the red zone....not many back ups have that quality. Smart pick up.

I've always favored an experienced vet as a backup. As the backup, they don't get the same game preparation as the starter. They're busy running the scout team all week. They need to be able to put on the helmet and lead a team without throrough preparation. It's a mental thing at that point.
yea unless your No.2 is a high pick youre grooming I def like a seasoned vet over a late rookie all day

You are speaking in absolutes. We are saying there is some value in a winning percentage but not the primary measure. Just look at last year, RT clearly made a difference in our record. He wasn’t the sole reason, but definitely a reason.
Only the sith deal in absolutes

I think Dangermode was just saying the overall package that Seimien brings is a relief compared to what Woodside and Pineapple brought. You want a guy who has started and experienced some success vs a guy who hasn’t. At least I do...
Yes this is exactly what I was saying. Thanks Chronos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back