Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be forgetting we were controlling the game 20-6 late in the 3rd until we decided to take our foot off the gas.
The offense really didn’t have their foot on the gas at any point during the game. The yardage was about even for both offenses. Their kicker is the only thing that kept them from forcing the Titans into yet another overtime game.

Point of clarification - are you saying our team hasn’t played down to lesser competition in the past?

No.. it has in an individual game like every other NFL teams do every year. But THIS particular team as constructed has nothing to do with some historical Titans team from 2013 or even last season. It’s a different team. They lost to the Jets.

But this narrative that every year or when this team is good they always fold to bad teams is ludicrous and quite frankly false.

Don’t be afraid to be successful. Quit looking for or expecting the collapse.

Um... Did you forget the Jets game?

This team will absolutely play down to an inferior opponent.

Care to look at the injury report for that game? Also, I have stated many times NFL teams lose to inferior opponents every year. It happens.

But make no mistake, the Titans lost that game because of many reasons. Not just playing down to the competition.

That does happen, look at the jets game earlier this year. Bengals last year.
There’s plenty of close games against bad teams that titans still won but they played down to the competition.

The bright side I see it appears they play up to competition too. Very often when considered out of it before a game even starts, titans put up a fight or outright win (LAR, buf, KC all this year).

I’m not arguing they don’t do this every year, LIKE EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM does. That’s not what people are saying. they are saying they do this with EVERY bad opponent every year every time on and on.

So we lost to the Jets that’s our stinker, let’s move on. We aren’t doing that again. But this weak ass mindset some in this fan base have expecting impending doom is ridiculous.

Expect to win! Demand it !

Personally, I’d like to see us rest as many players as possible while still winning games EVEN if it means barely winning. Put the W on the board and get healthy for the playoffs. Getting Henry back for the post season is a real possibility.

The offense really didn’t have their foot on the gas at any point during the game. The yardage was about even for both offenses. Their kicker is the only thing that kept them from forcing the Titans into yet another overtime game.

That’s your opinion in hindsight. But it’s not true and reality. Who knows what the Titans do or how they react if the score was different. Vrabel knew where they were and managed the game differently. So did the Saints. The Saints made it close AT THE END. But they had to do everything perfect. they didn’t They lost. If McNichol catches that TD pass in the first quarter it isn’t close. IF they don’t have the holding penalty inside the red zone and get the TD instead of kicking a FG the game isn’t close.

IF. IF IF IF The game wasn’t really that close.

I will be shocked if Henry is not back week 14 or week 15. But is time for us to roll with Foreman he is clearly the better back!

You seem to be forgetting we were controlling the game 20-6 late in the 3rd until we decided to take our foot off the gas.
I’ll add this. To say the Saints lost because of the questionable RTP call is TOTAL BS.

1. It wasn’t the final play of the game, before half time actually.

2. If that RTP call wasn’t called, the Titans undoubtedly would’ve play called the game differently, not as conservatively, if they were playing from behind or not up by 2 TDs. One play does not determine a game unless it’s the last play or call of a game.

I didn't like the 3rd and long with 10 mins on the clock and we run it. If it was against Adam gase or hue jackson I get that. But Sean payton is really good at offensive play calling and getting his guys going. End of the day we won but hot dam it was sketchy. Another round of drinks to the defence

I’ll add this. To say the Saints lost because of the questionable RTP call is TOTAL BS.

1. It wasn’t the final play of the game, before half time actually.

2. If that RTP call wasn’t called, the Titans undoubtedly would’ve play called the game differently, not as conservatively, if they were playing from behind or not up by 2 TDs. One play does not determine a game unless it’s the last play or call of a game.
The only thing it changes at that moment is momentum. Like you said, if its the last play or call of the game then you can say it decided the game.

All I'm hearing from the national sports media talking heads is how Boger cost the Saints the game.

Pete Carroll throwing his electric hand warmer on the field instead of the challenge flag is getting more attention than the Titans win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back