Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be shocked if Henry is not back week 14 or week 15. But is time for us to roll with Foreman he is clearly the better back!
He might be, but I did some reading on this injury and waiting 10 weeks for an NFL player is ideal and the chance of reinjury drops significantly. That would put him back week 18 I think. I would wait till then.

I’m not arguing they don’t do this every year, LIKE EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM does. That’s not what people are saying. they are saying they do this with EVERY bad opponent every year every time on and on.

So we lost to the Jets that’s our stinker, let’s move on. We aren’t doing that again. But this weak ass mindset some in this fan base have expecting impending doom is ridiculous.

Expect to win! Demand it !
My expectations and demands truly have zero effect on the team.
Unless you’re dumping money at the games, the same is said for you.
I hope for the best, I root for the team, I understand they’re going to play down to a crap team, probably more than once, each year, but I have no direct talk or impact on the team.

If you do, with all you’re forever optimism (which I’m not even being pessimistic) I would be interested to know how.

if a team does this every year, seems like they have the associated trend. I can look this up, but I’m sure you’ll agree that the nail biters/losses vs bad teams we should blow out is much more likely with the titans than the actual expected blow out. Jax seems to be the regular volunteer to try keeping this statement false.

Care to look at the injury report for that game? Also, I have stated many times NFL teams lose to inferior opponents every year. It happens.

But make no mistake, the Titans lost that game because of many reasons. Not just playing down to the competition.

We've had more injuries during our successful run than we did during that Jets game.

Whatever, though. We'll see on Sunday if this Titans team is actually different and can comfortably get what should be an easy W.

No.. it has in an individual game like every other NFL teams do every year. But THIS particular team as constructed has nothing to do with some historical Titans team from 2013 or even last season. It’s a different team. They lost to the Jets.

But this narrative that every year or when this team is good they always fold to bad teams is ludicrous and quite frankly false.

Don’t be afraid to be successful. Quit looking for or expecting the collapse.
I hope you are not directing such an arrogant statement to me by instructing me to quit “expecting a collapse”. I wanted your point clarified as even Jim Wyatt has lamented the Titans too often playing down to competition. It does happen a couple or three times a year. It already did this year with the Jets, and hopefully won’t again. I think the main difference this season is that the Titans have sustained intensity from game to game better than in previous seasons. I think if that’s your point, it’s correct.

I’ll add this. To say the Saints lost because of the questionable RTP call is TOTAL BS.

1. It wasn’t the final play of the game, before half time actually.

2. If that RTP call wasn’t called, the Titans undoubtedly would’ve play called the game differently, not as conservatively, if they were playing from behind or not up by 2 TDs. One play does not determine a game unless it’s the last play or call of a game.
In addition to those points, no game is EVER lost on one single play. There are a myriad of pivotal moments in every game.

In addition to those points, no game is EVER lost on one single play. There are a myriad of pivotal moments in every game.
Correct. Let’s say that pick in the end zone stands and there is no flag, there is NO WAY the plays of the game in the second half are identical to how they went since the mindset and strategy of both teams would most likely be different causing the rest of the game to unfold differently.

I’ve heard ppl saying how that was the main reason the Titans won, so dumb and idiotic.

I’m not arguing they don’t do this every year, LIKE EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM does. That’s not what people are saying. they are saying they do this with EVERY bad opponent every year every time on and on.

So we lost to the Jets that’s our stinker, let’s move on. We aren’t doing that again. But this weak ass mindset some in this fan base have expecting impending doom is ridiculous.

Expect to win! Demand it !
no NYJ game was not the 'stinker'... getting boat raced outta Nissan Stadium in the opener was the stinker

Vrable thought he could beat NYJ with the JV team... he was almost right

All I'm hearing from the national sports media talking heads is how Boger cost the Saints the game.

Pete Carroll throwing his electric hand warmer on the field instead of the challenge flag is getting more attention than the Titans win.
4 letter network still showed that AFC PO situation graphic for a while... Titans totally largest logo on that b*tch - LOL

All I'm hearing from the national sports media talking heads is how Boger cost the Saints the game.

Pete Carroll throwing his electric hand warmer on the field instead of the challenge flag is getting more attention than the Titans win.
Perfect just the way this team likes it.

Like Byard said, not trying to prove anybody wrong..just trying to prove us right

I hope you are not directing such an arrogant statement to me by instructing me to quit “expecting a collapse”. I wanted your point clarified as even Jim Wyatt has lamented the Titans too often playing down to competition. It does happen a couple or three times a year. It already did this year with the Jets, and hopefully won’t again. I think the main difference this season is that the Titans have sustained intensity from game to game better than in previous seasons. I think if that’s your point, it’s correct.

Yes .. that’s my point.

The Cardinals are pretty good though.
true... still be nice for the Titans to show up and play football... that game reminded me of the cows game coming off the bye like a decade ago.

total difference in energy and want... cardinals played faster and with energy... Titans were in exhibition season still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back