Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.9 is an eternity in the NFL. I'd like to see the All-22 on those and see if guys were not getting open, the QBs were not making progressions or were just unwilling to throw into tighter separation.

I agree. Mariota ranks near the top in terms of time to throw the rock so this particular part of his game and the offense doesnt make sense. Is it the personal package? scheme? Players not being able to get open like you said? Anticipation throws are not something Mariota does consistently enough nor is threading the needle at least not anymore. He doesn't trust what he sees which is throwing his mechanics off primarily his footwork because he's expecting to get sacked. All these inconsistent throws he's all over the place with his feet. I've seen plenty of videos of games where guys are open and he's scrambling because the pocket is starting to collapse. I just find it hard to believe guys like CD,DW,AB, and especially Hump can't get open in that span. It'll be real interesting for sure to watch Tannehill operate Sunday and see how he processes things.

The real goat

Since 2011, @brettkern6's second full season with the @Titans, no NFL player has as many inside-the-20 punts as him. In that time period, 277 of Kern's 687 total punts
have been placed inside the 20.
Dustin Colquitt is 2nd on the list with 269 and Sam Koch is 3rd with 244.

Per JWyatt

Kevin Byard last week tallied his third INT of the season, tied for the NFL’s second-best total.

The play also gave Byard 15 interceptions in his four-year career.
He reached his 15th interception in his 54th career game. No Titans/Oilers player has been on that pace since 1979.

View attachment 16548
View attachment 16549

Per EBacharach
We're DAMN lucky Byard wants to be here... otherwise he'd be looking for a way out for a successful team.

Maybe after this contract.

Through six games, the @Titans defense has been one of the NFL’s best units in forcing 3-and-outs. In 75 total possessions by #Titans opponents, 21 of them have ended with 3-and-outs.The Titans rank 3rd in the NFL in this category behind only the Bills and 49ers.

per JWyatt

Titans offensive stats for you:

-Titans WRs averaging 9.7 catches per game, 4th-lowest in NFL
-Titans' Henry averaging 0.5 yards before contact on runs up middle, lowest of 30 NFL qualifiers.
-Titans have thrown ball 36.2% on 1st down, 2nd-lowest in NFL

per J Glennon

Titans defense is the first to hold their first seven opponents to 20 points or less since the 2013 Chiefs and are just the fourth team to do that in the last decade.

Ryan Tannehill's 79.3 completion percentage (23-of-29) today set a career high for games with a minimum of 20 attempts. His completion percentage also qualified (minimum 20 attempts) as the 10th-best in franchise history.

His 312 passing yards today were most in his last 24 appearances, dating back to Sept. of 2016.

Tannehill’s 120.1 passer rating ranked 10th in his eight-year career (minimum 20 attempts).
View attachment 16560

Marcus Mariota's passing chart from Week 1 against the Browns. 15 accurate throws, 5 inaccurate.

View attachment 16319

PFF stats show four teams that used play action to an extreme amount:
• #Ravens (50.0%) won 59-10
• #Cowboys (46.6%) won 35-17
• #Chiefs (45.5%) won 40-26
• #Titans (43.3%) won 43-13

No other team was over 35.7% PA. It’s almost like play action passing is wildly effective.

Mariota was 7 of 11 for 217 yards and 3 TDs on play action. Screen to Henry obviously a big chunk, but 6 of 10 for 142 is STILL 14.2 YPA with 2 TDs.

Per M.Herdson

Ryan Tannehill's 79.3 completion percentage (23-of-29) today set a career high for games with a minimum of 20 attempts. His completion percentage also qualified (minimum 20 attempts) as the 10th-best in franchise history.

His 312 passing yards today were most in his last 24 appearances, dating back to Sept. of 2016.

Tannehill’s 120.1 passer rating ranked 10th in his eight-year career (minimum 20 attempts).
View attachment 16560

first thing I notice is how little Tanne is throwing behind the LOS in comparison to Mariota

Titans offensive player snap counts :

-Delanie Walker (ankle) played only 5 snaps. Jonnu Smith played 53
-Jack Conklin (groin) played only opening series before being replaced by Dennis Kelly
-Nate Davis (rib) also pulled early. Jamil Douglas played 77% of snaps
View attachment 16562

Defensive snap counts. Jeffery Simmons played 21 snaps. I actually thought he would get about a dozen of that. Big fella was impressive in his season debut.

View attachment 16563

per TDavenport

New site I found regarding team penalties and referee groups.

Los Angeles: 4 accepted penalties, 29 yards, 4 flags
Tennessee: 7 accepted penalties, 54 yards, 9 flags

Total: 11 accepted penalties, 83 yards, 13 flags

I’d guess that’s lower than average based on the way flags come out this year.

Yea the team now gets detailed stats on referee group tendencies and how to play considering them. Pretty smart thing to coach honestly.

Titans offensive player snap counts :

-Delanie Walker (ankle) played only 5 snaps. Jonnu Smith played 53
-Jack Conklin (groin) played only opening series before being replaced by Dennis Kelly
-Nate Davis (rib) also pulled early. Jamil Douglas played 77% of snaps
View attachment 16562

Defensive snap counts. Jeffery Simmons played 21 snaps. I actually thought he would get about a dozen of that. Big fella was impressive in his season debut.

View attachment 16563

per TDavenport

I was impressed with Jonnu.

So you're saying tanny put up 300 and 2 tds with a patchwork line huh. Weird.

He's catching everything now. Those reps with the jugs machine have paid off. It looks like we have successfully cloned a young Delanie Walker.

Delanie was an elite blocker early in his career. jonnu looking to be the receiving threat more so than the complete package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back