Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariota posted a 36.6 grade (out of 100) yesterday, the second-lowest of his career (worst was a 2018 start vs. Indy).

Tannehill finished with a PFF grade of 64.1 yesterday.
What the hell does PFF grade off of?
He beat some prevent defense for yards but zero points, got sacked a few times and threw a pick.
May not all be on him but even if it wasn’t on him, how does his grade go up?

He beat some prevent defense for yards but zero points, got sacked a few times and threw a pick.
I mean... it was garbage time stats.

Usually a player gets bashed for it...

That wasnt prevent, go to titans report they have the all 22 for mary and tanny. And most of the time he was in there we had a shot. 16min to score 14? Thats not garbage time. It wasnt till it was 16-0 and we had like 5min that it was "garbage time".

Even if you wana take that into account, mary had like 3 good or dexent plays. Tanny had like 12.

That wasnt prevent, go to titans report they have the all 22 for mary and tanny. And most of the time he was in there we had a shot. 16min to score 14? Thats not garbage time. It wasnt till it was 16-0 and we had like 5min that it was "garbage time".

Even if you wana take that into account, mary had like 3 good or dexent plays. Tanny had like 12.
This so much. The game was not out of question when Tanne came in. It wasn't 42-0 blowout, and he played well! He made good throws against the exact same defense that Marcus couldn't complete anything against. And then his pick came on 4th and 11 where he was trying to just make something happen and had to force the ball into coverage.

It was garbage time because Denver wasn’t worried about Tennessee scoring. As the final score showed, they were right in believing so.

Second, why does PFF giving a BS high score for THill mean anything for how chitty MM played? Pretty common approach for people to automatically bring in some irrelevant comparison to MM.

This so much. The game was not out of question when Tanne came in. It wasn't 42-0 blowout, and he played well! He made good throws against the exact same defense that Marcus couldn't complete anything against. And then his pick came on 4th and 11 where he was trying to just make something happen and had to force the ball into coverage.

At the start of the game they were playing press man coverage most of the time...on the last long drive by Tanny when he completed those 1st down throws they were in off coverage...I just re-watched it on gamepass

Tanny certainly threw the ball with much more authority.

It was garbage time because Denver wasn’t worried about Tennessee scoring. As the final score showed, they were right in believing so.

Second, why does PFF giving a BS high score for THill mean anything for how chitty MM played? Pretty common approach for people to automatically bring in some irrelevant comparison to MM.
64 isnt a high score, im sorry but this comes off as trying 2 hard.

At the start of the game they were playing press man coverage most of the time...on the last long drive by Tanny when he completed those 1st down throws they were in off coverage...I just re-watched it on gamepass

Tanny certainly threw the ball with much more authority.
Off and prevent are 2 different things is what I was saying. Siting back 5 orso yards and being back 15 is a whole different thing

64 isnt a high score, im sorry but this comes off as trying 2 hard.
Trying to hard to what?
Out of 100, 64 is almost as good as Mariota week 1.

Don’t care about mariota in this instance but it just proves what i originally asked, how does PFF grade?
Nothing THill did said he should be in the same ballpark as a 3 TD no INT performance especially with only 1-1/2 qtrs of play.

Trying to hard to what?
Out of 100, 64 is almost as good as Mariota week 1.

Don’t care about mariota in this instance but it just proves what i originally asked, how does PFF grade?
Nothing THill did said he should be in the same ballpark as a 3 TD no INT performance especially with only 1-1/2 qtrs of play.
They grade on throw quality and difficulty. Im not saying they are perfect, but tanny made solid passes for most of the time he was in, hence the just under starter grade. Mary in week one was bad outside of the big td which was mostly aj and the 2 wide open designed tds 2 walker.

Pretty surprised by this stat that I came across..

The 10 players double teamed at the highest rate as a defensive tackle.
View attachment 16545

per SWalder
Jones has had a quietly good year just like Casey allways has. When we get Simmons in there thing could look (i just typed loke, am i retarded?) nasty. We are already 4th in sacks, idk about overall preasure but we are geting after them this year no matter what anyone has said.

It might be we see our O taking so many sacks that evem if we are geting after the other team it dosnt look as good.

Edit: some props 2 mack as well. He has done good for how he got here.

Titans this yr have been unable to make opponents pay for taking penalties -- and they've taken a ton:

-Titans rank 1st in opponent penalties (56)
-Titans rank 2nd in opponent penalty yards (456 yds)
-Titans' opponents have taken 17 more pens. than Titans (3rd-best ratio in NFL)

per J Glennon

Titans stingy defense quietly continues to flex its muscles while adding Simmons to the arsenal this week.

Allowing the 5th fewest points only trailing the Patriots(8.0), 49ers (12.8), Bears (13.8), and Bills (14.0).

8th in Total Defense
6th in Pass
15th in Run Def.
Tied for the 5th highest in Interceptions (6)
Tied for the 5th highest in sacks(18)

Titans have yet to allow more than 20 points in a single game.

Per @NextGenStats, only 1 of the 7 sacks allowed Sunday by #Titans occurred under 3.9 seconds, which re-enforces the idea that QBs didn't see much in the way of open receivers -- wound up eating the ball while looking.

Per J Glennon
3.9 is an eternity in the NFL. I'd like to see the All-22 on those and see if guys were not getting open, the QBs were not making progressions or were just unwilling to throw into tighter separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back