Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Titans have thrown the ball 34.3% of the time (47 Pass Attempts/137 plays) on 1st down this season -- 3rd lowest in NFL; League Avg: 46.6%
perpk

#6 in the NFL.

Patriots
Bills
49ers (1 less game)
Bears
Vikings
Since pees took over there is no1 who can say the defense isn't very good. They give up yards but points are what matters.

Ps: I'd have 2 look at the numbers but i belive our take aways are also way up. That could just be because of new talent jrob has brought in, but everyone wants 2 shit on his 2 so idk.

The Titans have thrown the ball 34.3% of the time (47 Pass Attempts/137 plays) on 1st down this season -- 3rd lowest in NFL; League Avg: 46.6%
perpk
Titans have 137 first down plays?
That’s an average of 27+ per game. That seems high especially considering the stat about 3 and outs.

Edit: according to pro football reference the titans have earned 96 first downs. Add drive starting plays I suppose that’s pretty close so I stand corrected.

Since pees took over there is no1 who can say the defense isn't very good. They give up yards but points are what matters.

Ps: I'd have 2 look at the numbers but i belive our take aways are also way up. That could just be because of new talent jrob has brought in, but everyone wants 2 **** on his 2 so idk.
#13 in takeaways with 5 INT, 2 FR.
+6 (we have 1 fumble lost) is probably among the top if not #1.

Not sure how my post was read but #6 in scoring is awesome. Hope we stay down there.

Not sure how my post was read but #6 in scoring is awesome. Hope we stay down there.
I belive we are tied for 2nd or 3rd. Either 2 teams at 7 or 2 teams at 6

Edit: it feels like there were months we didn't get a turnover when I think back. I could be wrong and just me not remembering, but from 2010-2016 I cant think of a year we had many positive turnovers.

The fact that we are 2-3 with a top six scoring D and a plus six to margin is just pathetic. Truly shows how crap this offense is. When/if the turnover luck swings the other way, it will get very ugly.

The fact that we are 2-3 with a top six scoring D and a plus six to margin is just pathetic. Truly shows how crap this offense is. When/if the turnover luck swings the other way, it will get very ugly.
2 games lost by 1 score. Those are the types of games good teams win more of but ultimately those are also the games that even one thing can change the outcome. Against buffalo, I can think of at least 4. Against Indy, at least 1.

One of the few bright spots I guess offensively. Too bad the there isn’t much to show for it except we got to see how explosive AB can be when he touches the ball.

**Titans have 6 pass receptions of 40 or more yards this season, which is tied for 2nd in NFL.
-Team had 6 such receptions all of last season.

They trail only the Chiefs, whose eight such plays lead the NFL.
Majority, if not all of these would be due to YAC though. But still a good development.

:shakehead:

Fewest yards before contact per carry:
1. Derrick Henry - 0.9
t2. Adrian Peterson - 1.0
t2. Le'Veon Bell - 1.0
4. James Conner - 1.1
t5. Kerryon Johnson - 1.2
t5. Leonard Fournette - 1.2

Gee, the oline is doin' great in pass pro and run blocking.
Whaddaya know, eh?

Gee, the oline is doin' great in pass pro and run blocking.
Whaddaya know, eh?
Henry is a humongous human being running into 8--9 man boxes. The likelihood that someone gets a finger on him close to the LOS (which is all it takes to qualify as contract) is very high.

The Titans have the 10th most expensive offensive line in the NFL by 2019 cap dollars at $34,970,460.

It's 16% of their entire 2019 adjusted cap.

For AFC South comp:

Colts: $28.4 (11.97%)
Texans: $24.4 (11.39%)
Jaguars: $30.5 (15.18%)

The Titans have the 10th most expensive offensive line in the NFL by 2019 cap dollars at $34,970,460.

It's 16% of their entire 2019 adjusted cap.

For AFC South comp:

Colts: $28.4 (11.97%)
Texans: $24.4 (11.39%)
Jaguars: $30.5 (15.18%)
That is about the most embarrassing stat posted.
They play like they’re the 33rd highest paid.

2019 Cap Dollars:

Taylor Lewan: $13.2 mil
Rodger Saffold: $6.3 mil

Total: $19.5 million

The ENTIRE New England Patriots offensive line in 2019 cap dollars:

$17.6 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back