Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Ryan Tannehill's 133.9 passer rating today vs @Chiefs gave him his third passer rating over 100 in four games since taking over the starting QB role for the @Titans.

Tannehill was credited with his 16th career game-winning drive, including his 3rd in four starts with #Titans .

*In his last 16 starts, Ryan Tannehill has thrown for:
3191 passing yards
28 TD's
13 INT's
& 9-7 team record.

Titanehill!

Per PFF, through 10 weeks.

Top Grade... you guessed it. Brett Kern at 92.3!
Lowest Grade... Nate Davis with an abysmal 29.2. This is the lowest grade of any guard in the NFL by a margin.

Best Position Groups:
TE: Jonnu 73.4, Firkser 78.2
WR: Tajae 68.7, Davis 68.6, Hump 66.4 & Brown 65.4
Interior Defender: Daquan 84.1, Casey 80.1, Simmons 76.4 WOW

Conklin is our highest graded OL at 70.6 by PFF....

Nate Davis has been very poor....I really wish that we would move Conklin inside and let Dennis Kelly play RT

Here's my on issue/concern with playing Davis, throwing him out there with a horrible line - was it Poutasi(sp) that was thrown in so early and promptly ruined back in '15?

THAT'S my concern.

I think he's settled down more since a rough start. Depending how it goes the rest of the season, I think the Titans will want to sign him.

If anyone is into Football Outsiders, the Titans OL ranks the middle of the pack for the run but dead last in pass protection.

2019 NFL OFFENSIVE LINE RATINGS | Football Outsiders
So their advanced method of analyzing O line performance is simply looking at the # of sacks. I don't understand the point of this metric.

So their advanced method of analyzing O line performance is simply looking at the # of sacks. I don't understand the point of this metric.
Sacks and pressures are the main two grading criteria an outside source can really give to an OL. If you don't know what the play call is and what the assignment is, the only thing you can really grade is if you block the guy in front of you.

OL play is much more complicated and nuanced than that, so it's up to the team to decide if his technique, ability, and assignment recognition are up to the standard they're asking them to perform to and worthy of a pay day.

Notable player rankings through week 10.

- @JayonBrown12 is the 12th LB (74.8)
- @RiDQulous_98 is the 9th DL (84.1)
- @Jurrellc is the 17th DL (80.1)
- @KB31_Era is the 3rd S in run defense (89.9) and 8th overall (79.8)
- @brettkern6 is the No. 1 P (92.3)

I think he's settled down more since a rough start. Depending how it goes the rest of the season, I think the Titans will want to sign him.

If anyone is into Football Outsiders, the Titans OL ranks the middle of the pack for the run but dead last in pass protection.

2019 NFL OFFENSIVE LINE RATINGS | Football Outsiders

Amusing considering the Titans have an OL investment of ~ $35M and Miami is ranked slightly higher but only has an investment of ~ $12.5M.

If Henry wasn't so adept at picking up yards after contact, those run numbers could be far worse.

Rashaan Evans is currently tied for 6th in the NFL in tackles with 82. Here is the Top 6:

1)Blake Martinez-102 tackles
2)Jordan Hicks-98 tackles
3)Bobby Wagner-97 tackles
4)Budda Baker-86 tackles
5)K.J. Wright-83 tackles
6)Rashaan Evans-82 tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back