Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know that I'd go that far, particularly after the Bronco's game where Henry got four carries in the second half, and Panther's game with Henry getting two carries in the first half, but things are now trending more favorably.

In 2018, Titans finished:
- 27th in points (19.4/g)
- 25th in yards (5002)
- 26th in 1st downs
- 31st in passing attempts
- 29th in passing yards
- 28th in passing TDs

2019, after 10 games:

- Games 1-6: 16.3 ppg, 290.5 ypg
- Games 7-10: 26.25 ppg, 362.8 ypg

- 22nd in points (203, 21.28/g)
- 25th in yards (3194)
- 25th in 1st downs
- 29th in passing attempts
- 26th in passing yards
- 19th in passing TDs

That's all solid improvement that should continue trending up.

EJWjPEvXUAAhcjT

I know this isnt a titans stat or even the titans but everyone that likes football should enjoy some dorktown.

This particular video does have mentions of Mariota, buddy Ryan and his infamous Gilbride swing, and lots of other random stats like the chiefs basically taking every 49ers QB starting in the 80’s with deber and going to around 2000 with Elvis grbac.

It’s about another QB, named Steve bono and the probably the best fake handoff/QB bootleg I’ve ever seen. Or at least the absolute worst defended one.

also came across this piece. Specifically the 2:13 mark and again at 12:22. It looks very familiar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been posted but saw some interesting stats about Tannehill vs Mariota.

Mariota was scoring touchdowns on 53% of his trips to the red zone, Tannehill is 10 out of 10.

Martiota had a QBR of 17.0 in the red zone, Tannehill's is 70.6.

Mariota has a 46.2% completion percentage in the red zone compared to Tannehill's 70.6%.

Tannehill has been under pressure in the red zone 19% of his dropbacks, Mariota is an NFL-high 58.8% of his dropbacks.

The Titans have scored a TD on 10 straight trips to the red zone, the NFL's longest active streak, and lead the league with a red zone TD% of 72%. Making the most of those trips in 2019.(Per FYates)

These numbers are tough to look at considering the talent. There’s a bunch of contributing factors as we know but with this group there’s no reason why the Titans shouldn’t have at least one 1,000 yard Wr if not 2.

WR receptions/receiving yards for Titans entering Week 12:

1)Adam Humphries-33 receptions for 341 yards with a TD.
2)Corey Davis-28 receptions for 374 yards w/2 TDs.
3)A.J. Brown-27 receptions for 446 yards w/3 TDs.
4)Tajae Sharpe-13 receptions for 194 yards w/2 TDs.

How long does each offense wait to snap the ball once the line is set?

In 2019, no one has waited longer than Philip Rivers and the Chargers (avg 7.5 seconds)
Per S Lopez

View attachment 16688
Is this in reference to the play clock countdown before the snap?

Titans have always seemed to wait until the last second to snap the ball. I remember getting a lot of penalties due to snapping late because of this.

Always the case as long as the Titans have existed, for some reason.

Is this in reference to the play clock countdown before the snap?

Titans have always seemed to wait until the last second to snap the ball. I remember getting a lot of penalties due to snapping late because of this.

Always the case as long as the Titans have existed, for some reason.

yes.

*Since the beginning of the 2016 season (GM Jon Robinson's first season with the team), the @Titans .875 winning percentage (7-1) in home games decided by three points or less is the best in the NFL.

*HaroldLandry has 11.5 sacks in his first 25 games with the @Titans, including seven this season.

The only previous #Titans /#Oilers to record more sacks than Landry in their initial 25 NFL games?

DE Jevon Kearse (17.5) and DL Anthony Cook (12.0).

per JWyatt

Per @pfref’s updated advanced passing stats:

*Tannehill ranks 5th among current NFL starters in intended air yards per attempt at 9.2 and 4th in on target %. He’s the only QB to rank in the top 5 of both categories right now.

*Tannehill has the NFL's second-best red-zone rating since stepping into the starting lineup in Week 7.

View attachment 16694

Per MHerdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back