Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Tannehill is just the third player in NFL history to have a passer rating over 130 for four straight games, joining 2015 Russell Wilson and 1973 John Hadl.

per Mherdon

**The Titans also finished with 9.4 yards per offensive play which is a new franchise record, breaking the old franchise record which was set two weeks ago against the Jaguars.

**552 total yards of offense is the 2nd most in the Titans era of the franchise. It’s the 6th best total in franchise history and the best total for the franchise in regulation since the AFL-NFL merger.(corrected)

per MHerdon

**The Titans also finished with 9.4 yards per offensive play which is a new franchise record, breaking the old franchise record which was set two weeks ago against the Jaguars.

**552 total yards of offense is the most in the Titans era of the franchise. It’s the 6th best total in franchise history and the best total for the franchise in regulation since the AFL-NFL merger.

per MHerdon

If we could just manage to combine the defense of the first half of the season and the offense of the second half, Ravens better watch out...

**552 total yards of offense is the most in the Titans era of the franchise. It’s the 6th best total in franchise history and the best total for the franchise in regulation since the AFL-NFL merger.

per MHerdon

These are pretty stunning stats, I wonder how much better they would gave been if we had not made the QB switch ?? o_O Wait too soon ??

There have been 11,878 NFL games played (both playoffs and regular season) since the merger in 1970. The #Titans have 2 of the top 30 games in terms of yards per offensive play in modern NFL history in the past 3 weeks. This is extraordinarily rare territory.

Per MHERDON

Tannehill completed 77.8% of his passes vs. #Raiders.
--His expected completion pctg. was 65.3%
--That difference (12.5%) was 2nd-highest among all QBs over the weekend.

AJ Brown:
--2nd among rookies in receiving yards (779 yards)
--Tied for 1st among rookies with 6 TD catches
--1st among rookies with 5 catches of 40-plus
yards

per JGlennon

If we could just manage to combine the defense of the first half of the season and the offense of the second half, Ravens better watch out...

Just been snake bit on defense lately. Honestly, I'm surprised we played as well as we did in the 2nd half of the Oakland game with Jackson, Sims, and Vaccaro all out. Really wish we'd take a flyer on Eric Berry, TJ McDonald, or George Iloka for depth purposes.

Just been snake bit on defense lately. Honestly, I'm surprised we played as well as we did in the 2nd half of the Oakland game with Jackson, Sims, and Vaccaro all out. Really wish we'd take a flyer on Eric Berry, TJ McDonald, or George Iloka for depth purposes.
I think we have a lot of good Saftey bodies

Shank and Hooker skillset fits into both Safety roles

I think we have a lot of good Saftey bodies

Shank and Hooker skillset fits into both Safety roles

Shank has played 6 snaps on defense the entire year. He is simply not a legit option to play any meaningful snaps on defense for us this year. He's a ST warrior though.

Hooker has played very well in spot duty so far. I like what I see, but giving him 40-50+ snaps every game right now may not be so wise with offenses we're going to face in the next 3 weeks and possibly into the playoffs.

Shank has played 6 snaps on defense the entire year. He is simply not a legit option to play any meaningful snaps on defense for us this year. He's a ST warrior though.

Hooker has played very well in spot duty so far. I like what I see, but giving him 40-50+ snaps every game right now may not be so wise.
Theyre seasoned enough after 13 weeks imo

Rookies with 600+ receiving yards:

1. DK Metcalf: 50 receptions - 783 yards - 5 TD’s

2. AJ Brown: 39 receptions - 779 yards - 6 TD’s

3. Terry McLaurin: 46 receptions - 703 yards - 6 TD’s

4. Deebo Samuel: 47 receptions - 640 yards - 3 TD’s

Those Ole Miss WR are ballin! We definitely got the better one though, AJ's ceiling is at the level of Julio. But Metcalf has been much better than I would have expected.

Two of the the 15 fastest top speeds by ball carriers this week were #Titans WRs. Corey Davis reached 20.5 mph (9th) on his 24-yd reception. A. J. Brown reached 20.27 mph (11th) on his 91-yd TD according to @NextGenStats.

Popularity often plays a role in these things, DK plays in bigger market and was super over hyped coming in, and is still one of the more favored WR's on betting sites.

If a WR gets it, it would be him..

Derrick Henry (12 rushing touchdowns) has become the second player in franchise history to record consecutive seasons with 12+ rushing touchdowns.

(Earl Campbell, 1978-1980).

perKSmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back