Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to @pfref, here is the list of players in NFL history to have 3 straight games of at least 149 yards and 1 TD rushing:

• Jim Brown (1958)
• O.J. Simpson (1976)
• Eric Dickerson (1984)
• Adrian Peterson (2012)
• Derrick Henry (2019)

One thing that makes me chuckle about American sports is how granular the statistical analysis goes.

Good example here.

Per @PFF, #Titans ' top 5 offensive grades (at least 15 snaps):
--Saffold (90.8)
--Conklin (86.3)
--Lewan (84.9)
--Raymond (82.3)
--Jones (72.5)

.@PFF directly attributed 5 of the 6 sacks suffered by #Titans :
--B. Jones (2)
--N. Davis (1), D. Lewis (1), J. Smith (1)

How can you give up 5 sacks and have 4 of the OL in the top 5 offense gradings?

Also, how bad does this mean Nate Davis is...

How can you give up 5 sacks and have 4 of the OL in the top 5 offense gradings?

Also, how bad does this mean Nate Davis is...
At least three of those were on Tannehill. Or on the WRs if you want to look at it that way.

If they bring 5+ and you don't move in the pocket and you don't throw the ball you're gonna get sacked...

Since Ryan Tannehill became starter, the #Titans pass at an identical 56% situation-neutral rate, but

* Nearly doubled their no-huddle rate (8.8% to 16.4%)

* Shaved off 1.5+ seconds per snap

* Jumped from 28th (16.3) to 2nd (29.7) in points per game

Faster and more efficient.

per P.Thorman

The interior OL is still really struggling passing off stunts...2 sacks were caused by that....Lewis missed a blitzing Leonard and Smith had 2 missed blocks

OL has got to keep getting better...Oakland can get after the QB

I was yelling for Tanny to just throw it away on a few of those which ended up coverage sacks.
Yep, it is especially frustrating when he knows our line isnt going to give him long. One of the reasons he has stood out in previous games was that he was getting rid of the ball quick and decisive.

Since joining NFL as Titans in '99 thru the present day they rank 12th in win % with a 177-168 record.

They are 1 win from cracking the top ten in wins over past 20 years.

In the last 20 years only 11 teams have a better mark.

View attachment 16750

**Derrick Henry already has 953 yards after contact this year per @PFF. That’s more than any other running back’s FULL SEASON total since DeMarco Murray’s 996 in 2014.

Henry putting up some very impressive numbers.

View attachment 16751

I busted out excel the other day to figure out 3rd down conversions under each QB. These stats may be available online somewhere but I couldn’t find them. As you can see, the original 30% is near bottom of the league. The 38% we’re getting now puts us in the middle of the pack.

Lowest % of passes dropped:

1. Ryan Tannehill - 2.3%
2. Matt Ryan - 2.8%
3. Lamar Jackson - 2.9%
4. Matthew Stafford - 3.2%
5. Aaron Rodgers - 3.4%

PerPFP

Lowest % of passes dropped:

1. Ryan Tannehill - 2.3%
2. Matt Ryan - 2.8%
3. Lamar Jackson - 2.9%
4. Matthew Stafford - 3.2%
5. Aaron Rodgers - 3.4%

PerPFP
Weren't there two drops on Sunday? I remember some balls that looked like big drops in the KC game so the stat is a bit of a surprise to me.

What is the comparison between RT and MM? Are the receivers doing that well or is it how the ball is thrown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back