Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breon Borders played 100% of the defensive snaps in his first start for the #Titans

PFF Overall: 77.7
Coverage: 76.4
Targeted: 8
Catches Allowed: 5
Yards Allowed: 41
Passer Rating Allowed: 75.5
Defensive Stops: 6

Derrick Roberson in his return to the #Titans Defensive rotation:

Snaps: 50
Pass Rush Snaps: 36
PFF Overall: 85.2
Pass Rush: 80.6
Total Pressures: 4
Batted Passes: 1
Defensive Stops: 2
Pass Rush Productivity Rank: 23rd Among Edge Rushers

Desmond King, without practicing, played 70% of the defensive snaps in his first start for the #Titans

PFF Overall: 63.1
Coverage: 66.2
Targeted: 6
Catches Allowed: 4
Yards Allowed: 58
Passer Rating Allowed: 97.9
Defensive Stops: 1
Fumble Returns: 1

Teair Tart in his #Titans Defensive debut:

Snaps: 22
Pass Rush Snaps: 18
PFF Overall: 80.4
Pass Rush: 60.9
Total Pressures: 1

per Fwordspod

I don't understand the Derrick Henry thing because he played 29 snaps and had 20 carries. Tannehill threw it 21 times. So he threw it 50% of the time one of the other backs was on the field and we ran it almost 70% of time Henry was on the field.

Talk about predictablity. Henry comes in the game defense knows what's happening. I'm hoping this was just because of the short week, but it happened last week too. This has been a trend for whatever reason. Someone needs to ask Art about it

I don't understand the Derrick Henry thing because he played 29 snaps and had 20 carries. Tannehill threw it 21 times. So he threw it 50% of the time one of the other backs was on the field and we ran it almost 70% of time Henry was on the field.

Talk about predictablity. Henry comes in the game defense knows what's happening. I'm hoping this was just because of the short week, but it happened last week too. This has been a trend for whatever reason. Someone needs to ask Art about it
Offense was way too predictable yesterday. If we threw it on first down and it was incomplete, 2nd and 10 was a run. The 2nd and 10 run is so archaic and not effective at all. We need to get that crap out of our offense.

Titans ' offensive snap notes:
-RBs: Henry 29 (season low), McNichols 16, Foreman 8
-TE Jonnu Smith played 52 of possible 55 snaps
-Douglas 29 snaps in relief of Saffold (26)
View attachment 17953

Titans ' D snap notes:
--Six players played more than 90% of team's 77 defensive snaps
--New CB Desmond King got 54 snaps in his debut
--Derick Roberson went from 5 snaps all season to 54 vs Bears
--Breon Borders went from 7 snaps all season to 77 vs Bears

View attachment 17954

Per JGlennon
Kind of hope we just found something in borders. I know Foles played like garbage (or about as good as he gets) but he looked better than the trash DBs we had the previous few weeks.

Roberson looked good too. Maybe picking up where he left off last post season.

Offense was way too predictable yesterday. If we threw it on first down and it was incomplete, 2nd and 10 was a run. The 2nd and 10 run is so archaic and not effective at all. We need to get that crap out of our offense.
I get it early in games and for the sake of trying to use it later as diversions but yesterday just seemed like the same drive on repeat at least until Jonnhu finally got used.

Lot of drops too may have hurt the unpredictability.

Henry must’ve one and doned Arty’s wife or something. Totally inexcusable to be a 50/50 snap share with those 2 backs.

Something definitely seems up. They kept showing Henry when he was on the sidelines and he looked to be upset. Not mad and screaming upset, but not his usual happy demeanor on the sidelines.

Something definitely seems up. They kept showing Henry when he was on the sidelines and he looked to be upset. Not mad and screaming upset, but not his usual happy demeanor on the sidelines.

For good reason! If we’re going to have a RBBC why did we sign him to the long term deal?

I noticed that too, but unless theres something going on we dont know about, this was just a smart move to rest him before we play again in 4 days against our only competition for winning the division.

I get it early in games and for the sake of trying to use it later as diversions but yesterday just seemed like the same drive on repeat at least until Jonnhu finally got used.

Lot of drops too may have hurt the unpredictability.
The drops definitely didn't help.

One thing that must be said though, Tannehill deserves a ton of credit for not putting the ball in dangerous spots very often. There was one play that might should have been a pick, but overall very well done by him to make the Bears earn it with their offense.

We did a great job of having no turnovers, which is something the Bears have thrived on.

Yeah, I said something about that to my wife. Just from what I can judge of Henry's character, he wants to earn what he is paid. And a RBBC doesn't do that.

No doubt. Again, I'm hoping that the short week and early bye week is playing part of it, but time will tell.

No doubt. Again, I'm hoping that the short week and early bye week is playing part of it, but time will tell.
Right. The Bears D was solid and the Titans had a nice lead. With a game Thursday, no reason for Henry to take any more pounding. Save it for the Clots.

Right. The Bears D was solid and the Titans had a nice lead. With a game Thursday, no reason for Henry to take any more pounding. Save it for the Clots.

Well to be fair, he was being taken off the field early in the game too. Happened last week against the Bengals as well.

Well to be fair, he was being taken off the field early in the game too. Happened last week against the Bengals as well.
Only because Vrabel is a belichic offspring would I believe this but I think they may be working out some different packages for use later in the year. Set some teams up with the boring ho-hum running offense using 2-3 different backs but come playoff time, we see something totally different from the same packages.

But for the easier, more likely scenario, just saving Henry. He was already leading in carries and a 4 day break is enough for me to get McNichols and foreman a few carries. They’ve been doing alright too.

Only because Vrabel is a belichic offspring would I believe this but I think they may be working out some different packages for use later in the year. Set some teams up with the boring ho-hum running offense using 2-3 different backs but come playoff time, we see something totally different from the same packages.

But for the easier, more likely scenario, just saving Henry. He was already leading in carries and a 4 day break is enough for me to get McNichols and foreman a few carries. They’ve been doing alright too.

Gotta make it to the playoffs first.

Right. He's always been pulled after a long run, multiple carries and third and long.

Vrabel has said he wants to give a backup a series or two per game and why not?

Henry was getting 25+ carries early in the season. I think the goal is around 20 now knowing he'll likely get more once the weather gets nastier.

He's on pace now for 364 carries during the regular season. He had just 303 last year and another 83 during the playoffs.

Vrabel is smart to limit Henry. We'd be raising hell if Vrabel was running Henry with a 14-point lead and he pulled a hammy or something else which limited him Thursday night.

Per @PFF, Titans' top 5 offensive grades (min. 15 snaps):
Brown (89.8)
Saffold (69.8)
Firkser (67.5)
Tannehill (66.5)
Jones (62.7)

Per @PFF, #Titans ' top 5 defensive grades:
Simmons (94.2)
Brown (91.7)
Roberson (85.2)
D. Jones (80.8)
Tart (80.4)
ya know people clown on pff, easy enuff to do I guess, but this almost always relates to what I saw... I normally have no issues with these grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back