Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
odd... Mike Keith & Coach McGinnis did not mention this even once

you should actually listen to people who know about the Titans instead of people who hate the Titans - LOL

Clear & Obvious PI is PI

Homerrrrrrrrrr. Dude, not everyone outside of the Titans organization is out to get the Titans. Chill out and accept that, my gosh...we can be the beneficiary of bad calls too.

Can people actually be fans but still be rational LOL. It was a bad call that shouldn't have been called, it happens. Yes, even to your favorite team, my dude.
I said to my father I thought it was a bad call, but with all the bad calls that go against us I’m not apologizing for it haha

I thought the PI was a gift. Defender is tracking the ball with his arms out and Racey, oblivous to the ball, plows into him. I saw the flag and assumed OPI.

rawImage.jpg

From the NFL Rulebook:

It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball.

The defender plowed into McMath while the ball was in the air. It doesn't matter that he was looking up for the ball if you take out a WR that long before the ball arrives.

Can people actually be fans but still be rational LOL. It was a bad call that shouldn't have been called, it happens. Yes, even to your favorite team, my dude.

Sure.. my point is THAT PLAY has become a thing in the NFL. We don’t take advantage of it near as much as other teams do. It’s just part of the game now. So in that sense it’s not a bad call. It’s just a call.

From the NFL Rulebook:

It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball.

The defender plowed into McMath while the ball was in the air. It doesn't matter that he was looking up for the ball if you take out a WR that long before the ball arrives.
But that doesn’t cover every aspect of the PI rules. For instance it’s also not PI if the WR accidentally trips over the DB, the “feet got tangled” scenario.

But that doesn’t cover every aspect of the PI rules. For instance it’s also not PI if the WR accidentally trips over the DB, the “feet got tangled” scenario.
No argument there but looking up for the football well before the ball arrives doesn't give a DB the right to knock out a WR.

I think it was just the timing of the contact in this case.

That wasn't a bad interference call, otherwise you would have teams teaching players to "track the ball" so you can take out receivers.
My point exactly. If that's not PI because he was looking the other direction, just teach DBs to turn their head and plow in to the WR on every pass.

I could see it being iffy if the DB grazed the WR while leaping for the ball or something like that, but when you plow the guy to the ground before the ball gets there, that PI and always has been. Can't recall them ever saying "oh that's no PI, he was looking towards the ball" when a WR gets tackled before the ball gets there.

Look it’s really simple, offensive and defensive players have equal right to the ball when its in the air. If a defender is going for the ball and unintentionally collides with the receiver then its not PI. The key aspects is that he legitimately has to be going for the ball and he can’t deliberately go through a defender to get it (that’s why safeties can’t just plow through a TE on a hook route fx).

And to those claiming you can just teach defenders to look for the ball and then run into the receiver, you’re either not understanding that the path to the ball has to take you through the receiver and the contact must be unintentional or you think you can teach defenders to magically know where the ball is going before it’s thrown (good luck with that).

The problem is that its a very subjective call for the officials and most favor the receiver even when they shouldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back