Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans will have their highest pick in the draft since 1995 when they choose third in the 2006 NFL Draft. Heisman Trophy winner and USC RB Reggie Bush is expected to be taken first by the Texans followed by USC QB Matt Leinhart by the Saints. Drafting third, the Titans will have their highest pick since they took QB Steve McNair third overall out of Alcorn State in 1995. Among those players who may be considered is Virginia T D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk and Boston College DE Mathias Kiwanuka. Texas QB Vince Young may also be a candidate if he decides to to forgo his final year of eligibility.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

If he comes out, I say take Vince Young. He probably needs a year or two under McNair, but I think he will be the real deal.

Not a lot of people want us to take Young, it seems to me, seeming to prefer Leinhart and Cutler, but Young's relationship with McNair makes Tennessee as attractive a destination for him as it does for Leinhart because of his relationship with Chow. I wouldn't hate getting Vince Young.

Young easily has the most potential out of the three, but the word potential is a scary word. Huge Longhorns fan so it would definitely make my day, but I also love Vandy and would kill to see what Cutler could do under the right system.

I don't trust Vince Young as a pro quarterback, nor Leinert. I would go with Ferguson, Hawk, a trade for Rivers, or Trade down and get Cutler perhaps. A lot depends on McNairs future.

At least one good thing going for Young is he did have a very good year as a passer, something Vick didn't do in college. Now if we draft him, let's hope it's not an aberration.

interstingly enough, Vince Young had only ONE 300 yard passing game this year. He did however, possess several high QB Ratings and a 267 yard rushing game

The kid is talented no doubt, but can he throw a football in the NFL

Another point is: DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! upgrade the defense and then draft a QB and WR's that can carry the load while the defense make the run to the super bowl, Give Bulluck a chance with another Pro Boel LB next to him, and please CUT WOOLFOLK he sucks!!! Is the greatest bust of 1st round picks in all our history!!!

Have you seen this guy?

cBrOwN29 said:
Young is the closest thing to McNair
Robinson (QB) of Penn State.
I've heard some people refer to this guy as a McNair type.
I watched a few of PSUs games, he is physical. He took on two DBs and canned them both without loosing his balance. I think it's a joke, but Penn State #3 takes on Florida St(?) a #11 rated team, this is suppose to be their "new" system. Yeah, right. But it will be a good chance to watch this guy.
________
HONDA CIVIC TYPE R HISTORY

Puck said:
Vick going to the ProBowl this year was a complete farse
Brunell should've gone (imo)

NFC has very weak QB performances this year compared to AFC. McNabb's injury really pulled down quality in NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back