Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Cutler is a sleeper at all. Exactly where he gets picked in the first round is still in question. Actually Cutler might be a better NFL QB in the long run than Leinhart but unless we trade down I don't see us picking him #3. Who knows however because if Cutler dazzles everyone at the Senior Bowl and combine he could move up. Still, if Leinhart is available I bet he is the pick at #3 and I wouldn't be upset at all with Chow as our OC. I think Leinhart might be more NFL ready than Cutler or Young and not knowing year to year how long McNair will be with us it might be less risky to go with Leinhart.

for everyone who continues to misspell the guy's name
it's LEINART

not "Leinhart" - there's no "H"
might as well spell it LionHeart

i just dont see whats wrong with Leinart at all. will you guys please tell me.
He has a great streak going with the championships and games won, I think that leinart will be a star in the nfl. he has tons of talent.

titanduck77 said:
He has a great streak going with the championships and games won, I think that leinart will be a star in the nfl. he has tons of talent.

Lots of great college QBs amount to squat in the NFL. With so much talent around him its hard to tell exactly how much is him, and how much is the help around him. And the fact is he doesnt have a strong arm. He is smart and all that but he cant make all the throws in the NFL, and I cant see drafting a guy in the top 5 who only has average arm strength. I think he will be ok, but probably more on the level of someone like Chad Pennington instead of a Carson Palmer.

titanduck77 said:

he also had a ton of talent around him. Cutler had what around him?? There is no telling how great Cutler would have been in a system with tons of talent around him.

If Lienhart and Cutler could have swapped teams woud Lienhart been as good?

Puck said:
wouldn't it be nuts if both Lienart and Bush were still on the board?
(Hou-Ferguson / NO-Young)

Now that's a dream I'd love to see come true.

I agree NO would go for Young over Leinart. They like the Brooks mold and would want to improve on it.

Puck said:
for everyone who continues to misspell the guy's name
it's LIENART

not "Lienhart" - there's no "H"
might as well spell it LionHeart

It's Leinart actually (sorry I tried but couldn't resist) :))

Ewker said:
he also had a ton of talent around him. Cutler had what around him?? There is no telling how great Cutler would have been in a system with tons of talent around him.

If Lienhart and Cutler could have swapped teams woud Lienhart been as good?

the answer to your question is : Probably Not

there is a differnce in them
Matt won alot of games with a great offense and a great defense
Jay won alot of games (sometimes) by himself

Chow has stated that he doesn't think Matt is as talented as Carson was
and Matt (arguably) has MUCH better talent around him than Carson did

Jay had next to nothing working for him and he still mad headlines

there's is no secret why Jay is ranked up there with Lienart and Young

I'd have to say he is the Roethlesberger of this draft
meaning a few QB's could go ahead of him and he outperform them

Then if we dont take Leinart then we take young. I really think our o-line is fine. I really like Jay Cutlur to but he isnt #3 pick material more like 10-20 pick material because he really hasnt proved himself yet. So I say if Texas wins and young puts up great #'s he has no choice but to come out. I realy think he would be like just like Mcnair. Young has the best passer rating in the NCAA. I think that says something.

Curious what the staff thinks of Loper and Stewart - that should have some bearing on the liklihood of drafting Brick. He's probably my pick because I think the lines are the foundation of a team. The Dline has come along...another bookend solidifies a young Oline with quality depth given a few vet departures. Hawk wouldn't hurt my feelings either - I'd love to see an aggressive D. Rebuild the House of Pain.

Woody81 said:
Curious what the staff thinks of Loper and Stewart - that should have some bearing on the liklihood of drafting Brick. He's probably my pick because I think the lines are the foundation of a team. The Dline has come along...another bookend solidifies a young Oline with quality depth given a few vet departures. Hawk wouldn't hurt my feelings either - I'd love to see an aggressive D. Rebuild the House of Pain.

I think they think they suck right now.

Doubt that they think they suck, because they could be waived at anytime. And I guarantee you another team would grab them quickly. More likely Reese and coaches are waiting for a decision on Hopkins.

rhobbs said:
Doubt that they think they suck, because they could be waived at anytime. And I guarantee you another team would grab them quickly. More likely Reese and coaches are waiting for a decision on Hopkins.

Even if that's what they think, they'd still not give up on them for a couple of years. I just remember reading that Stewart was behind the curve, and no mention all season of Loper.

they were both inactive the majority of the year, regardless if Hop leaves we need a starting tackle. Might as well be Brick - that would keep Bell at G. VY is more of a project that has potential of not panning out. Why not pick a starter - Brick or Hawk.

Nothings guarunteed in the Draft. To say that Brick and Hawk are guarunteed to be better than Young is a bit far fetched. You don't know who is going to be what until the end of the '06 season. So many people have said "so and so are going to be all-Pro, Pro-Bowl, SB this that yada yada" and then it turns out that they don't. Ryan Leaf comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back