Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't include the others because the argument was TITAN years history - you wanna argue failed years under the Oilers twang, you go find yourself another response.

You stitch together sports talk about as well as a barber foolishly claiming 'this is the year the hs fb team goes back to state'

No the statement was every GM. Not exclusive to just the Titans.

I guess I’m the barber but you’re the whiny old man who has forgotten what the conversation is even about.

Complaining about 6th and 7th round picks is kind of like complaining when your co-workers brings you a biscuit for breakfast.

Anyway...

1) If David Long never makes another play, that pick was worth it because he saved our butt in the playoff stretch last year.

2) I looked at the 6th and 7th round of every draft since 2016 and there are probably less than 5 people that I've heard of doing something for the team that drafted them. Chris Carson was good and then the other ones are guys like Auden Tate who was basically just saving a seat for my boy Tee Higgins.

Complaining about 6th and 7th round picks is kind of like complaining when your co-workers brings you a biscuit for breakfast.

Anyway...

1) If David Long never makes another play, that pick was worth it because he saved our butt in the playoff stretch last year.

2) I looked at the 6th and 7th round of every draft since 2016 and there are probably less than 5 people that I've heard of doing something for the team that drafted them. Chris Carson was good and then the other ones are guys like Auden Tate who was basically just saving a seat for my boy Tee Higgins.

Which goes back to -- if someones dumb enough to trade a pretty good player for a 6th -- you jump at it... but please do not jump at players like Reggie Gilbert for a 6th...

And I would complain if they weren't homemade & cooked in lard/bacon grease.... lol - I can't do the tube stuff anymore, people don't cook them right or 5 mins too long..

Anyway...

Yeah and if he going to include guys like Eugene Amano and Justin Hartwig as “wins” for a GM late. Then Chris Jackson was our 7th round pick this year and has already “contributed”.

Broken arrow is using broken logic.

There were a couple people legit saying he would be better than Matt cassel and possibly even compete/push Mariota.

As I say, a couple people, and better than Matt cassel.

There were tons of joke hype posts too as well as the total waste of a pick posts.

Very exaggerated to say most posters thought he would be a Tom Brady.

You don’t even catch your own irony and it’s hilarious.

You take what I say at absolute face value and then turn around and say I missed some sarcasm. Incredible.

Again you not even catching your own irony is hilarious.

Also plenty of posters in there hyping him up, so that basically proves my point.

So the post below was sarcastic laughing and you were saying NOT many posters were stating we got Luke Falk, aka Tom Brady?
But “proved your point” that there were poster hyping him up, so the original post was not sarcastic?

Reese was GM from 1994-2006 and he's got 4 notable players from the 6th & 7th rounds (2 of which still weren't very good Amano, Hartwig).

Reinfelt was GM for 6 years and got 1 quality starter and a punt/kick returner.

Such a bad argument. Most GM's are going to miss on those guys. I mean have we even had that many late rounds picks anyway. Kinda feels like we always trade those to move up.

Now I will say that I don't understand us taking QB's late in the draft. But most of this board thought Luke Falk was the next Tom Brady when the pick happened lol

Not sure I get your sarcasm then.

So the post below was sarcastic laughing and you were saying NOT many posters were stating we got Luke Falk, aka Tom Brady?
But “proved your point” that there were poster hyping him up, so the original post was not sarcastic?

Not sure I get your sarcasm then.

You are insufferable. Do you see the “lol” at the end of the sentence? Usually that denotes laughing or joking.

“The next Tom Brady” was a sarcastic way of saying people were hyping him up.

You are insufferable. Do you see the “lol” at the end of the sentence? Usually that denotes laughing or joking.

“The next Tom Brady” was a sarcastic way of saying people were hyping him up.
It’s ambiguous. It also appeared that you were laughing that “most posters” thought Falk was the next Brady.

In context to the rest of the post, seemed you were lol’ing at the latter.

Either way, the dangers of sarcasm on the interwebs. My bad.

Lol lol lol jrobs a bad gm lol lol lol

Are you not seeing how dysfunctional other teams are and being like o wow glad we ain't them. The 1 constant over the past 4 years that's dictating the road were on Jrob. 5 years ago this team was a laughing stock. This team has been progressing year in year out and yes our defense has seen a blimp this year but the guy is reactive and not just rolling with it.

The bad GM tag some people have given jrob is pretty ridiculous. We're an annually competitive team that didn't inherit a star qb. That's pretty darn good

The bad GM tag some people have given jrob is pretty ridiculous. We're an annually competitive team that didn't inherit a star qb. That's pretty darn good
JR is certainly not a bad GM. JR is certainly not infallible. JR is a very good GM practicing an inexact “science” where measurables alone do not tell the story. When JR gets it wrong, he usually veers from his own strategy of sustained productivity, measurables, and attitude. If one of those is missing, he often whiffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm complaining - and it's 100 percent truth.

And I set the parameters at the Titans history. If you cannot work around outsets, then you probably shouldn't be responding to opinions regarding history...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon Robinson sucks drafting in the 6th and 7th round 1000%.

He's better off trading to a team that's trying to get players off the books or rebuilding. That was the entire point from the get go -- which falls back to a great trade, relinquishing only a 6th rounder that probably would have been a practice squad guy anyways..
I really don't give a shit if he's the worst 6th and 7th round GM. What a stupid thing to look at. JR has drafted more talent and starters in rounds 1 through 5 than the other guys, and it's not even close. This is such a retarded take.

If we could just get everybody healthy our secondary should be half way decent (Adoree, Fulton). Then and only then will we truly know if we have some horrific issues with the coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back