Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac.jpg

nice props for the Mac

and yes it's true, Windows is a Mac OS clone
except for the virus', legacy hardware crashes, registry entry errors, fatal exceptions, constant security patches, incompatabilities, et al ......

Got my iMAC G5...I got tired of spyware and viruses.

If you pick upo a copy of PC WORLD magazine, you will read an entire magazine full of nothing but articles on dealing with spyware and viruses.

If you oick up a coupy of MAC World magazine, you will read an entire magazione dealing with how you can bettter use your computer and there is next to nothing about spyware and viruses.

Thats says all I need to know.

Starkiller said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/01/31/kamasutraworm/index.html

There is a new virus out now that is scheduled to start destroying documents on Windows computers on February 3. My best advice is to backup any important documents today if there is anything you don't want to take any chances on. And if you haven't run an anti-virus scan in a while, I'd run one today.

And then get a Mac...
Next computer will be a Mac, right now, as a college kid, I dont have the money to blow on another computer.

Thanks for the warning, I am getting tired of Windows

Oh and I built my own PC, how's that MAC you built yourself workin' out for ya?

Oh wait you can't do that can you. How about adding a hard drive? maybe you can now but used to ya could not do that with a MAC.

In case you just have to build your own MAC here's some help

http://www.theapplecollection.com/Collection/PaperMac/

Real men drive PC Clones. MACs are like the new VW Beetle pretty enough but obviously designed for chicks and girly men who would perfer to buy from some orange haried hippie freak with a Shave the Whales T-shirt rather than build their own manley machine.:geek:

And the main reason PCs are the main/only target of hackers is the ubiquitous nature of PCs. MACs are what less than 10 percent of the total computer market and trending downward.

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/w...e_a_mac_3_percent_is_macs_approximate_quarte/

Now I fully admit that driving a PC requires more attention than driving a MAC. And I also admit that for certain tasks the MAC allows users the freedom from the OS. What I mean by that is some MAC users have the luxury of only dealing with the creative output instead of the OS underneath it cause there have been a handful of applications that the MAC does excel at. This is why they even have about a current 3% market share. If you happen to be needing to produce movies or graphics then you might need a MAC, otherwise you are just segregating yourself from the other 97% of computer users. Unless someone NEEDS a MAC, and those current 3% know who they are, there is no reason to ostracize yourself by getting one.

How is CivIV on the MAC anyhow? oh that's right MAC users are currently not able to play the game of the year, hey at least you have a Tetris clone or two and those wonderful graphic applications to occupy yourself, when you are not adjusting your skirts that is - lol

And one more thing: I have been on the working end of computers since 1983 and I have never used a MAC, used an Amiga once and that used a Motorala chip. Had the occasional SUN workstation but never a MAC. With the exception of a few dedicated proprietary workstations as a professional I have always used a current PC/IBM workstation.

I freely admit that there are some departments that have some MACs, but that is getting to be less and less as time goes by.

With the new intel chip, it is very likely that it will be made more possible to make your own MAC.
I have 2 Windows PCs and am tired of dealing with the virus, bugs, freezing up, Blue Screen of Death, and other Windows garbage.
MAC rules, Windows Drules, simple as that:lol:

I spent more time with file access management than making music with my PC. Since Mac, no probs.
Of course, I'm one of the 3% who "know who they are". Screw games.

I still HAVE a pc, but it's not allowed anywhere near an internet connection. It's almost completely empty except for the programs that I use to teach others about computer recording with. You know, the guys that are stuck with that obnoxious Nazi Cubase system.

Macs aren't for everyone. If you want to tinker with it (more than the basics anyway) or build it yourself, you can't do that with a Mac. Macs also don't have many of the newest games, so if you want a toy get a PC (or Xbox, Nintendo, etc...).

If you are a normal computer user who wants a computer to surf the web, check email, use standard office apps, watch movies, listen to music, etc without having to worry about viruses and spyware, then get a mac.

Exactly. Who gives a **** about playing the coolest games. Some of you is grown *** men...

On the other hand, I still got a PC but I want a Mac soon, cause my work we got a Mac and it works well.

BTW, how you gonna compare using a Mac to being a girly man...:ha:

Starkiller said:
Macs aren't for everyone. If you want to tinker with it (more than the basics anyway) or build it yourself, you can't do that with a Mac. Macs also don't have many of the newest games, so if you want a toy get a PC (or Xbox, Nintendo, etc...).

If you are a normal computer user who wants a computer to surf the web, check email, use standard office apps, watch movies, listen to music, etc without having to worry about viruses and spyware, then get a mac.

Amen to that.

My computer is going to be used to be productive in my work and in my personal use. If I wanted a toy to play with and to build, I'd buy some tinker toys and play with them along with my 2 1/2 year old son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back