Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone here knows that.. now how many times did he call a rushing play on 2nd down after already calling one on 1st?

probably 200 out of 276

I think too much criticism is laid upon Tannehill. It is hard to be successful when the opponent always knows what you’re doing. He constantly faced 3rd and long due to predictability on 1st and 2nd.

Downing's offense sucks but I don't see an issue with running the ball a lot on first down when you have the best running back in the league

The Titans being way too run heavy on first down isn't limited to Downing's tenure as OC. It has been an issue since Vrabel became the head coach and has spanned multiple OC's.

Until Vrabel changes his offensive philosophy, it does not matter who the OC is. The Titans will run way too much on first down. This overreliance on first down puts more pressure on the offense creating many 2nd and 3rd and Longs for the offense to overcome.

Downing's offense sucks but I don't see an issue with running the ball a lot on first down when you have the best running back in the league
They only had the best RB in the league for 8/17 games. Titans were that far in first without him? I’d argue with him, it’d be 361/362 leaving a little room for the rare THill INT on first down.

The Titans being way too run heavy on first down isn't limited to Downing's tenure as OC. It has been an issue since Vrabel became the head coach and has spanned multiple OC's.

Until Vrabel changes his offensive philosophy, it does not matter who the OC is. The Titans will run way too much on first down. This overreliance on first down puts more pressure on the offense creating many 2nd and 3rd and Longs for the offense to overcome.

Brah this crap has been here long before Vrabel. I don't understand how the Titans can bring multiple head coaches and offensive coordinators and still have the same stale, boring offense.

This run run pass stuff has to stop.

Considering the identity and build of our football team, makes a ton of sense. We PA’d first play ( which I really wanted to do) in our playoff loss… resulting in a pick! This is a pounding team, that sets up big plays down field based on the the run. It’s our identity as as a football team! No issue with it. Also, did anyone win more in our conference? Was there another #1 seed I’m forgetting?

I still refer to a game with the Redskins. I was 10 years old, and for some reason with a small lead, they kept handing the ball to this #44 guy. 3 runs 12 yards for 80 and TD. They knew #44 was getting the ball, couldn’t stop it, and broke them! I knew that at the age of 10! My problem with Downsyndrome is his calls at crucial moments. Not running the ball on first down!

Considering the identity and build of our football team, makes a ton of sense. We PA’d first play ( which I really wanted to do) in our playoff loss… resulting in a pick! This is a pounding team, that sets up big plays down field based on the the run. It’s our identity as as a football team! No issue with it. Also, did anyone win more in our conference? Was there another #1 seed I’m forgetting?

The PA supposed to be a gain, break even at worst. Unless you have a playoff bed schitter running it.

The stats that show me that Downing isn't a great strategist is how poorly the offense did on the opening play and opening drives. We literally gained less than 25 yrds total on our opening first plays in the 18 games we had....and then we were extremely poor in opening drive scoring.....those are the drives that are scripted and help set things up for the rest of the game and we were horrific at it.

Brah this crap has been here long before Vrabel. I don't understand how the Titans can bring multiple head coaches and offensive coordinators and still have the same stale, boring offense.

This run run pass stuff has to stop.
Agreed. "Exotic Smashmouth" was here before Vrabel was hired.

We did bring in Kelly to help with the offense. Maybe we won't be so predictable with him helping out with the offense.

For me it's taking Henry out on pass plays all the time too. I know he not the best in the pass game but it makes us super predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back