Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Titans are actually worth $2.5 billion and they have other assets as well. The family isn’t hurting for cash. These cuts aren’t to save money,
Wasn't going with a real world financial analysis there. Just making a point that cash flow is not the issue.

I think you guys are wrong about cash flow. They can’t just siphon off money from other interest to funnel in where they like. I assume there are boards of directors at the other interest who would say “no”. AND... who is to say their value isn’t tied in dozens of different venues and businesses? They don’t have it all at Mr. Driesdale’s bank.

I think you guys are wrong about cash flow. They can’t just siphon off money from other interest to funnel in where they like. I assume there are boards of directors at the other interest who would say “no”. AND... who is to say their value isn’t tied in dozens of different venues and businesses? They don’t have it all at Mr. Driesdale’s bank.

The board of directors is the Adams family to which Amy is The Godfather. LOL.

They have plenty of money,

The board of directors is the Adams family to which Amy is The Godfather. LOL.

They have plenty of money,
You sure about that? Most major companies have a varied board as part of financial requirements and corporate tenets. I doubt a billion dollar Corp is just family. There is high finance involved and plenty of strings.

According to over the cap, we have roughly 25 million in cap space before Dupree and Jenkins cap hits are factored in, but 9.5 million of that is allotted to to our draft pool. That means we have likely have around 6-7 remaining to spend on FA's unless other cuts are made.

You sure about that? Most major companies have a varied board as part of financial requirements and corporate tenets. I doubt a billion dollar Corp is just family. There is high finance involved and plenty of strings.

If it’s not a public company, which they aren’t, if you go high enough it’s one person.

If it’s not a public company, which they aren’t, if you go high enough it’s one person.
Actually, I have clients who are privately held and financing requires a board made up of outside parties and financial decisions absolutely are tied to the board. This is real world experience, not speculation. It comes down to the financial structure and there are strings attached and you can’t just move money around as you please.

According to over the cap, we have roughly 25 million in cap space before Dupree and Jenkins cap hits are factored in, but 9.5 million of that is allotted to to our draft pool. That means we have likely have around 6-7 remaining to spend on FA's unless other cuts are made.
Our draft class won't count 9.5 against the cap. The bottom 9 contracts would drop off due to only counting top 51 contracts against the cap.we would actually only have roughly 3.5 million come off the cap money.

I wonder if we’re not hearing numbers on Dupree and Jenkins so Jrob can use uncertainty about our cap space as a leveraging tool in negotiations with more players.

Who doesn't know how to keep 1st round talent

Did you see the post where keeping first round picks is uncommon? The stat showed that only around 30% of first round picks get a second contract with the team that drafted them. It just isn’t the indicator of success you make it out to be. Those second contracts are expensive. And often you can find players of similar quality for less. That is what we are doing now.

JRob doesnt believe in restructuring apparently. He'd rather just cut you. Less work for his lazy fat ass
You realize it takes two sides to negotiate and players have agents focused on $$??? Why in the world would Kelly and Adoree restructure when they just got paid, can double dip, and get paid more elsewhere?

I think there is more to Adoree's injury than we know and he's betting on himself. Can't blame the guy for that.

Actually, I have clients who are privately held and financing requires a board made up of outside parties and financial decisions absolutely are tied to the board. This is real world experience, not speculation. It comes down to the financial structure and there are strings attached and you can’t just move money around as you please.

I can’t speak to any of your specific situations. I can only speak the fact that even with a board if you own 51% or more you control the board. Amy does. She is the boss, period. She could borrow $500 million from the NFL right now if she wanted too and needed it. The Titans aren’t cutting people because they can’t afford to pay them. That was my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back