Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who doesn't know how to keep 1st round talent

ESPN.com: NFL - Drafted players don't stick around

Please read this article. It’s the best I can find that explains why draft picks don’t stick around. This isn’t new and isn’t a problem for JRob. NFL teams start turning over every 5 years.

The average career for an NFL player, THE AVERAGE is 3.3 years.

It’s cool to have an opinion, we all do and most of us are wrong. But at least try and have one that has some foundation in fact or knowledge.

So Duprees cap hit is a little over $5 million. So that puts us at around $18.5 million minus whatever Jenkins cost (still unknown).

So Duprees cap hit is a little over $5 million. So that puts us at around $18.5 million minus whatever Jenkins cost (still unknown).

Yeah, we have plenty of room for 2 more contracts like Dupree's. I don't think we will do that though. Maybe one more significant signing and then draft the rest.

Also have to subtract Jayon, Sambrailo, Firkser, and Johnson.

Draft picks will also equal about $9.5 million.

And we can restructure Sadfold to free up 8.5. Not the we will, but we could. Also, draft picks would cost 9.5 only if we add all of them to the week 1 roster and don't lose any other contracts. Probably net or 3 or 4 mil actually

And we can restructure Sadfold to free up 8.5. Not the we will, but we could. Also, draft picks would cost 9.5 only if we add all of them to the week 1 roster and don't lose any other contracts. Probably net or 3 or 4 mil actually

We usually keep most of the draft picks on the roster. Except for probably our 7th rounders.

We usually keep most of the draft picks on the roster. Except for probably our 7th rounders.

Yes, but this year may be a bit different with the cap crunch. If we sign other guys, then we will cut guys. If not, we will keep. Either way, it is work-able

that's key, if Saff will restructure... we are in GREAT SHAPE... need 9-10M for draft picks and if we can grab Kenny G or TY, i think we can draft CB in first rd of draft and head into next season better and upgraded overall

That can’t be right. All those numbers look way too high.

yeah i think that's innacurate.... wait, we have 18M in dead cap so I think that is right... just need to subtract the 18M in dead cap...

Leaves us with 10M, and 9.5M needed for draft picks... basically we are broke unless Saffold or Tanny restructure

yeah i think that's innacurate.... wait, we have 18M in dead cap so I think that is right... just need to subtract the 18M in dead cap...

Leaves us with 10M, and 9.5M needed for draft picks... basically we are broke unless Saffold or Tanny restructure
We don't need 9.5 for draft picks. More like 4-5 million once the bottom numbers of the top 51 contacts fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back