Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landry is his only real hit at OLB.

JR truck out on Dodd. Erick Walden did jack **** here after Indy let him go. Drafted the worst OLB prospect in the 2019 draft in Walker. And Correa touches the QB once a month.

JR has been a fantastic GM, just cant seem to find the right pair of OLBs.
I think you're being overly critical here. It's true that we have not had a pair of dominate OLBs yet, but he also hasnt invested heavily there.

Landry looks like a big win.
Everyone agrees Dodd was a bust in the 2nd.
Walden was a 1 year 3m free agent trial that didnt pan out.
I know you have a running shtick with him, but it's far too early to tell with Walker. Also he was only a 5th rounder.
And no one is complaining about Correas production as hes averaged 1m/yr the last 2 years with us.

no one is complaining about Correas production as hes averaged 1m/yr the last 2 years with us.
I have a problem with Correa. Dude gets way too much play time for a backup level player. get him outta there if we can.

Hes a serviceable backup, but hes on the field more than he needs to be.

Nice to see he finally felt he wasn’t above the team and his agreement and showed up. Sounds like a standup guy. Sure glad we signed him lol

He reported. Nothing can be done about it now, but hope he contributes to the D taking the next step. The $500K in fines is mando? Right? IF so, he just gave us a 1/2 mil discount (cap hits aside).

He reported. Nothing can be done about it now, but hope he contributes to the D taking the next step. The $500K in fines is mando? Right? IF so, he just gave us a 1/2 mil discount (cap hits aside).
Yea I believe in the new CBA we can not waive those fines AND he is now a restricted free agent instead of unrestricted after the season. He certainly hurt himself and helped the titans.

One thing that I've picked up from the comments here and on social media...

A lot of folks need to get more valuable at their job.

I could definitely dip for 10 days or so and come back to work and pick up where I left off...minus a bunch of PTO or leave. It actually kind of happened with this covid stuff.

Unannounced and with very little communication?

Yes. And I've worked with several people over the years that did the same for various reasons and were welcomed back.

If you provide production and a skillset that can't easily and immediately be replaced, you'll likely have some leeway to figure things out.

Yes. And I've worked with several people over the years that did the same for various reasons and were welcomed back.

If you provide production and a skillset that can't easily and immediately be replaced, you'll likely have some leeway to figure things out.
I hate to completely disagree with you, but you must have had an unusual employer.

Landry is his only real hit at OLB.

JR truck out on Dodd. Erick Walden did jack **** here after Indy let him go. Drafted the worst OLB prospect in the 2019 draft in Walker. And Correa touches the QB once a month.

JR has been a fantastic GM, just cant seem to find the right pair of OLBs.
Correa was great once he came in to replace Wake late in the season. In the last 7 games of the season he had 5 sacks, 6 QB hits and 6 TFL, then had 2 more sacks in the playoffs.

Correa was great once he came in to replace Wake late in the season. In the last 7 games of the season he had 5 sacks, 6 QB hits and 6 TFL, then had 2 more sacks in the playoffs.
For fun I figured up his per snap effectiveness for his last 8 games of 2019 and compared him to some of the top players in the game in 2019:

View attachment 17679
*C Tck = Combined tackles

I know it's a small sample size, but he was honestly very good. Could use him affecting the QB a bit more, but still solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back