Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, on the big board now, Vince Young goes ahead of Leinart. I was worried about his throwing, but after having seen it, it ain't bad. He's got a low release, but not quite sidearm (most of the time). His thing is he feels big, so he's trying to fit his passes into the throwing lanes. He also uses wrist on some of his throws. Don't know why TitanPride is so bent over him (really wanted USC to win, eh?) - I'm impressed. Also, on arm strength: can you guys see how much bigger he can get? Not really worried about taking him on a one to two year NFL learning curve. He's got a frame to fill out. 75% accuracy? Get out. By the time he's NFL ready he'll be able to throw 60 yards on one knee. Well, you get my point.

And seriously, if we ended up with Leinart, 29-40 is still over 70%. I'd take him, too, but after last night, YOUNG IS DA MAN! 75% completion, threw for 267 but 200 yards RUSHING, 3 TDS? To borrow from Critical Theory: "Young was out there beastin' fools!"

That has to be one of the greatest college games of all-time, and as the media is saying, the greatest single player performance in NCAA history. Even Pete Carroll had to reluctantly agree with that.

Finally, Young's decision-making, even as a junior, was clearly better than Leinart's last night. I definitely want him with our first pick.

STAY DOWN, NEW ORLEANS! STAY DOWN!

Titanpride...

I honestly don't know what you are talking about. Most of young's passes were short over the middle and to the flat because USC was bringing everything they had on the blitz, safeties and conrers included. It was by design that USC wanted to blitz him and force him to make quick decisions. Well he made the right decisions and completed 75% of his passes. He took what the defense gave him and showed incredible poise. No happy feet, no panic. In the whole game he only made one bad decision that almost resulted in a pick. One bad pass out of 40!

Someone asked ronnie lott about young's readiness to play in the nfl. He rolled his eyes and asked if the person was kidding. Ask pete carroll about vince young.

Now titanpride, you were not one of those on the other thread who said that young was just a straight line runner were you? He only made about 50 tacklers miss last night.

Young is the same caliber propect that steve mcnair was in 1995. The only problem now is that he will still be available when we pick third. If not we can draft lienart instead. Not a bad situation to be in.

yeah Roll, one thing I noticed is that Vince looked confident and poised (something you normally hear about Matt). I didn't see him look flustered or panicked

I agree with all of you, Vince Young need to be headed with his daddy Steve McNair and to the Tennessee Titans...he is a monster as a QB.

Thumbs up to the:

"With the 3rd pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select, Vince Young from Texas"

Floyd Reese get that guy

Agreed Roll, Puck. That's exactly how you "take what the defense gives you." One bad pass out of 40! He outperformed Leinart last night, pass for pass. That says a lot.

Vince was too good...

Who needs an athlete at QB anyway? This is the nfl you don't win with athletes.:sad2:

Vince young was so overwhelming, so dominant, so God like that he looked like some golem running over high school kids. If he had fought, wiggled and squirmed his way to 80 rushing yards last night we could respect him more but he ran for 200 yards and was unstoppable and that is bad. The announcers commented that he always scores standing up. Not good. Who wants a guy leading your team who can't be tackled?

Titanpride is right. Who wants a guy so damn freakishly good that he was like some guy in a video game. We want the future titan QB to be a mere mortal, a weakling, a wimp a guy who never leaves the pocket.

Shame on you vince young for having one the best games we have ever seen in our lives. Shame on you for reading the defense so well as to know when to run. Shame on you vince young for running through tackles like it was nothing. For being so fast and strong and quick. Shame on you for the incredible leadership that carried a team on your back in the biggest game of your life! We don't want that here in tennessee. We want studly drop back passers like ryan leaf and tim couch. Vince young is simply too damn good for this team.:sad2:

RollTide said:
Titanpride is right. Who wants a guy so damn freakishly good that he was like some guy in a video game. We want the future titan QB to be a mere mortal, a weakling, a wimp a guy who never leaves the pocket.

Like Billy Volek ?

Only problem I have with Young is his throwing style. How is that gonna translate over to the NFL? I just keep picturing his passes getting batted down at the LOS with that side arm delivary ( yea I know Rich Gannon threw like that too).

People read way too much into low deliveries. Consider that the average D Lineman is probably around 6-2 or 6-3 and most quarterbacks about the same height so basically any lineman will bat a short pass down if he raises his hand at the right spot. More of a concern would be his windup that takes way too long and how he palms it in one hand while he scrambles in traffic. That usually doesn't work out too well in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back