Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every HC, EVERY HC has an ego. It’s not going to be his downfall. Vrabel is a very good HC and has changed the culture of this team. He would have a job 5 minutes after being fired if he ever was fired.

He's a great head coach. But I have two big concerns...

1. His loyalty to shitty coordinators is becoming muncheckian.

2. I love the grit and attitude he brings. I don't like building a run first defensive team in the modern NFL.

A lot of that is dictated by the personnel he has of course.

Every HC, EVERY HC has an ego. It’s not going to be his downfall. Vrabel is a very good HC and has changed the culture of this team. He would have a job 5 minutes after being fired if he ever was fired.
His ego and wanting to control everything so he can’t hire a legit offensive coordinator. Downing is his yes man, it’s hurt this team severely.

You have a WR with over 7,000 career receiving yards and 33 touchdowns and you can't design a play to get him the ball even once.

Sweet. I'm ready to let that scenario play out. Let him rehire all of his buddies instead of skilled coaches that have minimal basic knowledge of offensive concepts, then we can watch as THAT fan base grows as frustrated with him as this one is.

Even If you want to how do you even draw up a play with Westbrook ikina and Cory as your wide receiver options.

I even question if a guy like manhomes can play with such bad talent.

MIKE Munchak being loyal to his people was his downfall.
MIKE Murlarkey being loyal to his people was his downfall.
MIKE Vrabel being loyal to his people will be his downfall.

Yes JROB has blown pick after pick, but Vrabel is as arrogant as they come. His ego will eventually get the best of him.

Vrabel needs to understand that we should be 7-1 right now, but 5-3 and it's solely because of his OC Downing. If he can't understand that Downing is the problem then he needs to be the DC for the Texans again.

Even If you want to how do you even draw up a play with Westbrook ikina and Cory as your wide receiver options.

I even question if a guy like manhomes can play with such bad talent.
The OC is not designing plays to fit his players' abilities, simple as that. If the WR can't separate for long plays, design slant routes that can get someone open

Literally his job to figure that out

anyone on this site would be better OC... at least play calling

I admit I could not design an O around talent put before me... I would not have that skill, but downings is SUPPOSED to have that skill

clearly he does not

anyone on this site would be better OC... at least play calling

I admit I could not design an O around talent put before me... I would not have that skill, but downings is SUPPOSED to have that skill

clearly he does not
anyone that plays as the Titans on Madden could design better routes

I mean, if it makes Vrabel feel better -- he doesn't even need to fire downing -- just strip him of play calling duties ---- keep Downing on as an advisor in a way. Because his first 15-20 on script plays aren't awful --- it's when he has to go off script that he can't bridge together concepts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back