Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, if it makes Vrabel feel better -- he doesn't even need to fire downing -- just strip him of play calling duties ---- keep Downing on as an advisor in a way. Because his first 15-20 on script plays aren't awful --- it's when he has to go off script that he can't bridge together concepts...
Downing barely qualified to be the squirt bottle guy.

You have a WR with over 7,000 career receiving yards and 33 touchdowns and you can't design a play to get him the ball even once.

Woods is a shell of his former self. We had Julio last year and couldn't figure out how to get him the ball (when he was healthy).

Downing would be fired anywhere else. You don't have the worst offense in the league midway through the season and get to keep your job. We are now bottom 5 in offense since the start of 2021. Fire. Downing. Now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much buddy buddy bullshit in the NFL from coaches to players. You are there to win and that's it, if your a player the opposing and all the other players including past teammates are enemies. If your a coach and another coach is fucking up the vibe of the team and can't do the job you replace them. Al Davis said it best "just win baby", I respect the hell out of the old school owners they took no shit you win or GTFO.

His ego and wanting to control everything so he can’t hire a legit offensive coordinator. Downing is his yes man, it’s hurt this team severely.
I'm sure a factor is that both of his previous OC's have left to become head coaches. Still, don't stick with someone just because no one else might want them. Downing isn't responsible for the mediocre talent pool, but he's doing nothing creative to help them elevate. At least Arthur brought that element to the game.

We have a generational running back that can literally carry an offense to the playoffs, but is turning 29 soon, I really don’t understand why we didn’t get a legit number 1 after losing AJ Brown.

Vrabel isn't going anywhere nor should he. He's a top 5 COACH. Who else can take a roster with 30-40% practice squad players and be 5-3 and competitive in every damn near game? Not many at all. I believe the organization is big on patience and giving it multiple seasons before replacing staff members. We've seen teams in the past give up too quickly year after year and it not translate to success.

JRob and Vrabel are so much into the Patriot way where it's next man up mentality. Which worked in New England but also it was the Tom Brady effect that made it work. Since Brady left Bill looks lost without him. Big difference in production.

However even with all the BS the problems and bad picks in draft or free agency, we are still among the top amongst win % in the league. I'll take what we are dealing with now compared to what we had before these 2 guys got here. At least we have chances to win. If this is as low as we can get as a team and still be in contention for division titles and playoff chances then so be it. We can retool after this year and be a contender next year. Cap space makes it hard to maintain a top team year after year.

The Bills have had the same roster for 3-4 years and now they will lose pieces due to players getting PAID. Can they rebuild and be consistent year after year or will there be a drop off? Rams cashed in luckily on a SB run this past year and now they are 3-6 possibley headed to a top 10 draft pick.

It's hard to win a SB as there is only 1 winner a year. Chiefs didn't win it, Bills didn't win it, Bengals didn't win it. Chargers, Packers didn't win it last year either. As long as we keep winning I don't think either of them are leaving Nashville anytime soon.

We have a generational running back that can literally carry an offense to the playoffs, but is turning 29 soon, I really don’t understand why we didn’t get a legit number 1 after losing AJ Brown.
The Inhaler will wheeze his way back... you will............... se................e!

Vrabel isn't going anywhere nor should he. He's a top 5 COACH. Who else can take a roster with 30-40% practice squad players and be 5-3 and competitive in every damn near game? Not many at all. I believe the organization is big on patience and giving it multiple seasons before replacing staff members. We've seen teams in the past give up too quickly year after year and it not translate to success.

JRob and Vrabel are so much into the Patriot way where it's next man up mentality. Which worked in New England but also it was the Tom Brady effect that made it work. Since Brady left Bill looks lost without him. Big difference in production.

However even with all the BS the problems and bad picks in draft or free agency, we are still among the top amongst win % in the league. I'll take what we are dealing with now compared to what we had before these 2 guys got here. At least we have chances to win. If this is as low as we can get as a team and still be in contention for division titles and playoff chances then so be it. We can retool after this year and be a contender next year. Cap space makes it hard to maintain a top team year after year.

The Bills have had the same roster for 3-4 years and now they will lose pieces due to players getting PAID. Can they rebuild and be consistent year after year or will there be a drop off? Rams cashed in luckily on a SB run this past year and now they are 3-6 possibley headed to a top 10 draft pick.

It's hard to win a SB as there is only 1 winner a year. Chiefs didn't win it, Bills didn't win it, Bengals didn't win it. Chargers, Packers didn't win it last year either. As long as we keep winning I don't think either of them are leaving Nashville anytime soon.
Agree with Vrabel but JRob is holding this team back. We could have a dynasty with a GM that could draft players consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back