Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Is anyone starting to feel some similarities in these situations?

What made me think of this was vrabel saying Levis throw to spears was bad. Spears stopped running, turned himself around and missed the ball. If spears just keeps running that route it's a TD.

It seems like Vrabel refuses to give Levis his flowers, maybe this is him trying to keep the young guy level and humble. But I have this sinking suspicion that vrabel isn't behind Levis and it's going to be a constant battle for will to start going forward.

Two exciting, yet unruly young QBs vs two safe low ceiling veterans. Two old school (stubborn?) Coaches.

Idk hopefully I'm wrong but we have seen this song and dance before.

What made me think of this was vrabel saying Levis throw to spears was bad. Spears stopped running, turned himself around and missed the ball. If spears just keeps running that route it's a TD.

It seems like Vrabel refuses to give Levis his flowers, maybe this is him trying to keep the young guy level and humble. But I have this sinking suspicion that vrabel isn't behind Levis and it's going to be a constant battle for will to start going forward.

Two exciting, yet unruly young QBs vs two safe low ceiling veterans. Two old school (stubborn?) Coaches.

Can you post the video of him saying that? I can’t find it.

The clear distaste for VY was very obvious and strong (even if justified). I don’t know that Fishface really loved KFC but he really did not like VY.

contrary, Vrabel may prefer THill (I don’t really see a lot to back that up) but he doesn’t dislike Levis to me.

maybe comparable to a bunch of young QB vs established QB situations but I don’t think it’s that close to the fishface VY, KFC marriage.

Tanny and KFC could have big days if they were protected. Neither has much escapability
I think Vince could have been pretty good if you could tone down the arrogance. I think the refs were against him somewhat. They seemed to let him get mauled more without penalty in relation to others
Fish and Vrab are both arrogant and smart mouth at times, both don’t like to be confronted and love their yes men. Both evidently believes in the run heavy offense

I think Vrabel is just hard headed and wants a rookie to earn playing time and not to "disrespect" a veteran like Tannehill by benching him for a guy that was 3rd string just 2 weeks ago.

What ever the reason, he has to get over his love affair and realize the offense has a spark with Levis that Tannehill hasn't provided in a couple of years now.

The Titans are likely headed nowhere this year...but could be the perfect time to let Levis learn on the job and come out next season with a retooled OLine and offense.

Tanny and KFC could have big days if they were protected. Neither has much escapability
I think Vince could have been pretty good if you could tone down the arrogance. I think the refs were against him somewhat. They seemed to let him get mauled more without penalty in relation to others
Fish and Vrab are both arrogant and smart mouth at times, both don’t like to be confronted and love their yes men. Both evidently believes in the run heavy offense

Let’s not start comparing KFC to Tannehill. There is no relation.

New stadium coming... Tannehill will be gone next year...Levis needs to play to see if he's the Future QB of this team...he has a personality, the players seem to like him, the fans have seen a small glimpse of what he can do...roll with him and Henry

He may want out of Tennessee and into New England. Kraft has already made it clear Vrabil would be his dream guy.

Good, make it happen. Bring in an offensive minded Head Coach so the Titans can escape the 80s offensive philosophy. The Patriots would continue to flounder with Vrabel in charge. On offense you pay $$ to quarterbacks, receivers, elite tight ends and offensive linemen.....definitely not running backs. Top teams like the eagles and chiefs have so little invested in the running back position. Once the King is gone never pay another back that kind of money again.

Vrabel was "great" in many eyes when the team was winning with Henry's 2K season and Tannehill playing decent but now that he needs to turn this thing around he can't...he can't even decide in a starting QB when it's obvious it should be Levis
He's in over his head, all he is good for is the coach speak and rah rah bs.

Good, make it happen. Bring in an offensive minded Head Coach so the Titans can escape the 80s offensive philosophy. The Patriots would continue to flounder with Vrabel in charge. On offense you pay $$ to quarterbacks, receivers, elite tight ends and offensive linemen.....definitely not running backs. Top teams like the eagles and chiefs have so little invested in the running back position. Once the King is gone never pay another back that kind of money again.

It would be nice if that could happen. Like yourself I absolutely loath the 1980s and 90's style offenses we see today. Offense is a tricky thing, and being top 10 offense for example if very difficult to do consistently. IMHO, this goes back to fisherball where you build a good defense, and give yourself a chance to win it in the 4th quarter. It's what I call a safe formula to win just enough games to keep your job year after year. Prime example is how the Steelers won the game just last Thursday. They keep it close and close the game out in the 4th quarter. If you don't have that magical QB, that's what you have to do, and the Steelers are doing it now. Titans are in the same boat, and have pretty much been, since McNair and Derrick Mason. Yeah, there have been flashes of greatness out of several QB's since McNair, but only McNair and Moon have done it fairly consistently year after year IMHO. Right now with Will Levis we have an opportunity to build that magical combination. Next we need that magical WR that is young and hungry. The real issue is being able to draft one because you never know what you are really going to get out of a 1st round WR draft pick. IF we can get that "magical" WR, and this isn't a knock against Hopkins, but if we can get that guy paired with Levis where good things consistently happen game after game, then we might have a chance of putting together a modern style offense. There's so much more at play here, and I've tried to just generalize, but it's just my opinion and view of what's happened and where we might be able to go. I'm getting way ahead of myself too... the Levis comments are if he can consistently go out there and perform. After all, we've only seen 8 Quarters of the guy up to this point, so he could ultimately be a bust over time. We just don't know yet because the sample size is too small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
vrabel is right the pass should have been towards the pylon, where tyjae was running

That should have been a TD but agree wrong shoulder and bad adjustment by spears.

BUT because that should have been a TD, it doesn’t make sense why they do a wuss run on the next play to end the half on a FG AND why Vrabel said he pu$$ed out because of the way the previous 2 plays worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back