Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously how many times have you heard "Vrabel's type of player" or something similar to that after FA signings or draft picks? Almost every one.. then when they don't develop or wash out, it isn't Vrabel's fault.
I’m fairness now, Big Jeff called out a few players for not playing hard, the injury lists have been outrageous for 2 seasons, maybe that’s just what a Vrabel type of player is?

Vrabel can be frustrating but he has had this team outperform expectations every year he's been here. He has an awful roster with a gimpy qb this season, hard to make chicken salad with chicken shit.

I do wish we would branch out with coordinators tho

Seriously how many times have you heard "Vrabel's type of player" or something similar to that after FA signings or draft picks? Almost every one.. then when they don't develop or wash out, it isn't Vrabel's fault.

I agree that we may never know who was responsible for what; I suspect if you got both JRob and Vrabs in a room they would each take credit for the hits and would each blame the other on the misses, but JRob had no history with the Texans prior to becoming our GM. And it literally became a punchline that any time a Texan was cut/released/etc, the Titans were there to scoop them up. That seems evident to me that Vrabs had SOME role in personnel decisions.

Personally, I want a GM that keeps the HC in check especially considering how the JRob/Vrabel marriage went.

clearly Vrabel was against the trade that cost JRob his job. It makes me wonder how many other personnel decisions were made by Vrabel and JRob fell in line.
Now consider some of the awful picks and FA selections over the years, if JRob fell in line, then it’s only fair to draw the connection that picks like Farley, Wilson, etc we’re Vrabel choices too.
this is a wild reach. now the wilson/farley picks were vrabels?? there is absolutely nothing to back that up.

also malik being vrabels guy and levis being rans guy is just made up hogwash (rwills post). i can't believe someone even suggested that considering how much vrabel seems to dislike malik lol

this is a wild reach. now the wilson/farley picks were vrabels?? there is absolutely nothing to back that up.

also malik being vrabels guy and levis being rans guy is just made up hogwash (rwills post). i can't believe someone even suggested that considering how much vrabel seems to dislike malik lol
No one said anyone was “Vrabel’s guys”. (There was a comment on a Vrabel type guy, but that’s a different thing)
I proposed a suggestion, “if JRob fell in line” with what Vrabel wanted, then that would mean Vrabel had more say in those picks.
It’s not realistic to think he had zero say in anything JRob did.
The amount of give and take between the 2 will never be known, only speculated. If JRob said Vrabel pushed him around for FA or certain draft picks, that’s one extreme. If JRob told Vrabel this is who you get, that’s the opposite extreme. I think it’s somewhere in the middle.

You have a little Vrabel on your chin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back