Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not anti Vrabel yet. I think he does get to conservative at times. But You can’t coach a bad team no matter who you are. The Titans were fine when THill was a threat downfield. It wasn’t about Henry. But THill isn’t that guy anymore If you don’t have a good QB I don’t care who you are. Did Belichick forget how to coach? Nope… he lost an elite QB. It’s everything. Having said that…. If Kraft wants Vrabel and will give us a Sean Payton trade package he can have him.

No player or coach is bigger than the team and ultimate goal.

Good, make it happen. Bring in an offensive minded Head Coach so the Titans can escape the 80s offensive philosophy. The Patriots would continue to flounder with Vrabel in charge. On offense you pay $$ to quarterbacks, receivers, elite tight ends and offensive linemen.....definitely not running backs. Top teams like the eagles and chiefs have so little invested in the running back position. Once the King is gone never pay another back that kind of money again.

who do you bring inwhat offensive guru is available?

who do you bring inwhat offensive guru is available?

Ben Johnson or Shane Waldron. I'm sure both candidates would find a situation with a promising, young QB they can mold ideal. Waldron is a McVay guy (Ironically he replaced LaFleur when he left for Tennessee) who worked wonders with Geno Smith in Seattle. There are two prime candidates right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hate it when people say Tidans or Ti uns, but this guy has our coach pegged. I hope Amy is seriously thinking about a potential replacement. I can't imagine Vrabel successfully developing a gunslinger like Levis. He's more likely to ruin him imo. Might want to consider Liam Coen. Former OC of the Rams and currently at Kentucky. He coached Levis during his one good season at UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

First JRob now Ran? Common denominator is Vrabel...I have said for a while now that Vrabel's arrogance will be a factor

Volin wrote that "there is chatter that Vrabel doesn’t always see eye to eye with new GM Ran Carthon, who was a surprise outside hire.'' I've heard some of that, too, and that's always been a topic of conversation in this ''year of transition.'' Who's making the final calls on roster management? Does the Carthon hire diminish Vrabel as the biggest voice in the room?

First JRob now Ran? Common denominator is Vrabel...I have said for a while now that Vrabel's arrogance will be a factor

Volin wrote that "there is chatter that Vrabel doesn’t always see eye to eye with new GM Ran Carthon, who was a surprise outside hire.'' I've heard some of that, too, and that's always been a topic of conversation in this ''year of transition.'' Who's making the final calls on roster management? Does the Carthon hire diminish Vrabel as the biggest voice in the room?
Not saying it is true, but there were rumors (seeming to come from many different places) that Ran was the one who leaked the "Levis will be starting" rumor when Vrabel was refusing to say who would start and then splitting time between qbs.

They suggested that Levis was Ran's guy and Malik is Vrabel's and Ran was forcing the issue to start Levis.

Personally, I want a GM that keeps the HC in check especially considering how the JRob/Vrabel marriage went.

clearly Vrabel was against the trade that cost JRob his job. It makes me wonder how many other personnel decisions were made by Vrabel and JRob fell in line.
Now consider some of the awful picks and FA selections over the years, if JRob fell in line, then it’s only fair to draw the connection that picks like Farley, Wilson, etc we’re Vrabel choices too.

Who would replace him ?

Looks like we are about to go through it again...

Bad coaches, bad systems, bad players, but good draft position every year. Man, I just....really don't want that. I may have to pick a 2nd team to follow for a few years.

Personally, I want a GM that keeps the HC in check especially considering how the JRob/Vrabel marriage went.

clearly Vrabel was against the trade that cost JRob his job. It makes me wonder how many other personnel decisions were made by Vrabel and JRob fell in line.
Now consider some of the awful picks and FA selections over the years, if JRob fell in line, then it’s only fair to draw the connection that picks like Farley, Wilson, etc we’re Vrabel choices too.

Seriously how many times have you heard "Vrabel's type of player" or something similar to that after FA signings or draft picks? Almost every one.. then when they don't develop or wash out, it isn't Vrabel's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back