Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
He was on the J-Mart & Ramon show. He said after Ravens playoff game on Jan 11th, 2020 we lost our identity on defense and that Pees didn't call the game vs KC. Says any player that gives any pushback gets release or doesn't get a new contract. Interesting stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was on the J-Mart & Ramon show. He said after Ravens playoff game on Jan 11th, 2020 we lost our identity on defense and that Pees didn't call the same game vs KC. Says any player that gives any pushback gets release or doesn't get a new contract. Interesting stuff.
Hmm that IS interesting. I like Brabel and Woodward. But to be fair, it’s rare to see a vet that has been released feel good about the coach/GM.

He was on the J-Mart & Ramon show. He said after Ravens playoff game on Jan 11th, 2020 we lost our identity on defense and that Pees didn't call the same game vs KC. Says any player that gives any pushback gets release or doesn't get a new contract. Interesting stuff.

Interesting that the Patriots run exactly like that. It’s about the team and not the player. If you don’t like it you can pound sand.

Yeah, disgruntled could be the answer... but then.. we actually watch the games. If I had to choose, I would choose to believe Woodyard. We know Vrabel is incredibly egotistical and stubborn.

Interesting that the Patriots run exactly like that. It’s about the team and not the player. If you don’t like it you can pound sand.

You're not understanding...he's basically said that Vrabel took over defensive playcalling since the AFC championship game vs. Chiefs...Dean's playcalling gave up 12 points vs Pats and 13 points vs Ravens, then Vrabel just took over play calling and our defense hasn't been the same since.

And that anyone who's challenged him is gone.

Yeah, disgruntled could be the answer... but then.. we actually watch the games. If I had to choose, I would choose to believe Woodyard. We know Vrabel is incredibly egotistical and stubborn.

No we actually don’t KNOW THIS. Vrabel isn’t anymore egotistical or stubborn than any other NFL HC. Be for real.

You're not understanding...he's basically said that Vrabel took over defensive playcalling since the AFC championship game vs. Chiefs...Dean's playcalling gave up 12 points vs Pats and 13 points vs Ravens, then Vrabel just took over play calling and our defense hasn't been the same since.

And that anyone who's challenged him is gone.

Ok.. who is gone? Woodward? Serious question..., who is gone from that defense? Who are all these people who questioned him that are now gone?

Go question your boss and see how long you stay employed.

Are you really comparing the Chiefs offense to the Patriots and Ravens?

Ok.. who is gone? Woodward? Serious question..., who is gone from that defense? Who are all these people who questioned him that are now gone?

Pees, Casey, Ryan...

Hmm that IS interesting. I like Brabel and Woodward. But to be fair, it’s rare to see a vet that has been released feel good about the coach/GM.
Woodyard didn’t sound disgruntled. He said he respects Vrable and his mindset. Just said Vrable needs to learn how to let his coordinators coach and players grow.

Pees, Casey, Woodyard, Ryan - basically all the leaders of the defense.

I'd take what he said with a grain of salt. The defense played about as well as could be expected vs. Pat Mahomes. We actually played better defense vs Mahomes in the playoffs at KC than we had in the regular season at home.

I could see Vrabel having a "my way or the highway" mentality to coaching. That's basically how Billy B runs it too.

That doesn't mean Woodyard is correct about the play calling, though.

Thats fine when you win multiple SuperBowls and have a certain identity in place...but to establish that because the HC was part of that a few years ago isn't going to go over well...at least not right away..hence the "ego" label with Vrabel and perhaps why the Houston GM is failing

Pees and leaders gone. Awful defensive performance. Every player other than Malcom Butler regressing. Vrable playing coy about who the D coordinator was last year. Vrable blaming defensive performance on players and taking no responsibility himself.

Look, I like Vrable as a head coach. He just sucks at calling a defense. He needs step back to let his coaches coach.

Thats fine when you win multiple SuperBowls and have a certain identity in place...but to establish that because the HC was part of that a few years ago isn't going to go over well...at least not right away..hence the "ego" label with Vrabel and perhaps why the Houston GM is failing

I’m not even sure what you mean. The Houston GM has been on the job like 15 minutes.

My original point is that I don’t know any business that allows the employees to set policy. Crying that Vrabel wouldn’t listen to the players and engine who spoke up got run off is silly.

Acting as though Vrabel is the only NFL coach with an ego is ludicrous. They are all Type A or they wouldn’t be where they are. We all have egos. HCs are hired specifically because of their vision for the team. Not because they are great listeners. Can you imagine a player whining to Mike Ditka about play calling? Or Gruden? Belichick? Buddy Ryan? Come on.... it’s just not how it works. Players get paid to play how they are told. Period.

I’m not even sure what you mean. The Houston GM has been on the job like 15 minutes.

My original point is that I don’t know any business that allows the employees to set policy. Crying that Vrabel wouldn’t listen to the players and engine who spoke up got run off is silly.

Acting as though Vrabel is the only NFL coach with an ego is ludicrous. They are all Type A or they wouldn’t be where they are. We all have egos. HCs are hired specifically because of their vision for the team. Not because they are great listeners. Can you imagine a player whining to Mike Ditka about play calling? Or Gruden? Belichick? Buddy Ryan? Come on.... it’s just not how it works. Players get paid to play how they are told. Period.
Not listening to your subordinates is a great way to fail as a leader. And, no one said anyone was “whining”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back