Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pees and leaders gone. Awful defensive performance. Every player other than Malcom Butler regressing. Vrable playing coy about who the D coordinator was last year. Vrable blaming defensive performance on players and taking no responsibility himself.

Look, I like Vrable as a head coach. He just sucks at calling a defense. He needs step back to let his coaches coach.

The defense in 2019 with all those leaders and Pees was bad as well.
I’m not disputing Vrabels ability at calling a defense. I’m saying he is in charge and whining because you lost your job after the fact about the guy in charge is sour grapes and smacks of having a personal issue. Those who don’t like Vrabel will eat this up. Those who like him like me thinks it’s BS.

But I’m curious... where did Woodyard play last season?

The defense in 2019 with all those leaders and Pees was bad as well.
I’m not disputing Vrabels ability at calling a defense. I’m saying he is in charge and whining because you lost your job after the fact about the guy in charge is sour grapes and smacks of having a personal issue. Those who don’t like Vrabel will eat this up. Those who like him like me thinks it’s BS.

But I’m curious... where did Woodyard play last season?
I’m curious, did you actually hear what Woodyard said?

Not listening to your subordinates is a great way to fail as a leader. And, no one said anyone was “whining”.

I said it. Woodyard is whining. You don’t know he isn’t listening. You are taking the opinion of 1 guy. Do you see a bunch of players trying to get out of Nashville? Do you hear from a lot of former players how bad it is there? NOPE

Just an unemployed guy who nobody else wanted last season.

I could see Vrabel having a "my way or the highway" mentality to coaching. That's basically how Billy B runs it too.

That doesn't mean Woodyard is correct about the play calling, though.

He was literally on the team, on the defense....why would he be wrong about the play calling? lol

Pees and leaders gone. Awful defensive performance. Every player other than Malcom Butler regressing. Vrable playing coy about who the D coordinator was last year. Vrable blaming defensive performance on players and taking no responsibility himself.

Look, I like Vrable as a head coach. He just sucks at calling a defense. He needs step back to let his coaches coach.

Wholeheartedly agree

I said it. Woodyard is whining. You don’t know he isn’t listening. You are taking the opinion of 1 guy. Do you see a bunch of players trying to get out of Nashville? Do you hear from a lot of former players how bad it is there? NOPE

Just an unemployed guy who nobody else wanted last season.
Other guys aren't talking because they are still in the league and have a career to think about. Im willing to bet when Casey retires he'd agree...but you won't listen then either will you?

Other guys aren't talking because they are still in the league and have a career to think about. Im willing to bet when Casey retires he'd agree...but you won't listen then either will you?

I ours listen to multiple players complaining about it, yes. 1 guy. Nope.

I'm going to probably catch a lot of flack for this, but what the titans are doing isn't the way to run a successful team. No one is going to be excited to play for a team that promotes coaches from within despite epic failures (Bowen) but cuts/doesnt retain players that were keys to success (butler, Casey, CD, jonnu etc).

You can say it worked for the pats, but they had the goat qb and goat coach and were in the superbowl every other year. We've made one conference championship.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we're great next year, but currently I'm not seeing it.

I’m not even sure what you mean. The Houston GM has been on the job like 15 minutes.

My original point is that I don’t know any business that allows the employees to set policy. Crying that Vrabel wouldn’t listen to the players and engine who spoke up got run off is silly.

Acting as though Vrabel is the only NFL coach with an ego is ludicrous. They are all Type A or they wouldn’t be where they are. We all have egos. HCs are hired specifically because of their vision for the team. Not because they are great listeners. Can you imagine a player whining to Mike Ditka about play calling? Or Gruden? Belichick? Buddy Ryan? Come on.... it’s just not how it works. Players get paid to play how they are told. Period.
Maybe I read your post wrong, I read it as the my way or the highway mentality comes from "The Patriots Way"...which is not always going to work...and by some accounts it didn't work with everyone in NE
Yes we all have an ego.

What am I wrong about? What he said? Look at what the OP said. That’s what I’m responding to.

I looked and can’t find it,
You are reading things into his statements that aren’t true. You don’t have context. In your mind, Woodyard has a beef with Vrable and he went on to a radio show to spread lies because his feelings are hurt. That’s not what happened. Either listen to the interview, or quit commenting on something you know nothing about. Or, keep commenting... it’s kind of funny.

Maybe I read your post wrong, I read it as the my way or the highway mentality comes from "The Patriots Way"...which is not always going to work...and by some accounts it didn't work with everyone in NE
Yes we all have an ego.

Oh no.. I used it only as an example. The Patriot way is Tom Brady. All NFL coaches are stubborn and have an ego, period. People making it sound like Vrabel is different are crazy,

He was literally on the team, on the defense....why would he be wrong about the play calling? lol

For one, he clearly has an axe to grind. Secondly, he doesn't know that the play calling was changed in any specific manner by Vrabel. That's his speculation. He only said that Pees called the game differently. But that could simply be because Mahomes burned us for 433 yards passing the last time we played him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back