Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Shadows of Chernobyl. Finally bought left for dead 2.. still prefer l4d1. Up to 400 hours /played in that game.

Stalker is like a SP Dayz. Really gritty, well done post apocalypse survival deal in Russia after chernobyl. Game is brutally hard, and sometimes buggy. All your weapons/armor degrade, and you can't repair them. Can only hold 50lbs of gear at any one time without becoming encumbered. Did I mention zombies?

Hey, everybody!! Time to point and laugh at the old white guy in the room who's just two days into playing that Resident Evil game that's been on his desk for twelve years or so!

I'm not much of a gamer, but this has been pretty fun. Naturally my lack of experience in this sort of thing makes me think I'm doing it all wrong and backwards, but... whatever.

Yes.. Resident Evil on ps1? THAT SH#T WAS SO HARDCORE AND SCARY BACK IN THE 90'S!

After the dogs jump through the windows in the mansion hallway, push the desk next to the wall to the right. You will find a surprise.

First one, Gunny- the Mansion Incident.

And yeah, TE, at this point the friggin Cerberus are my biggest problem. Took a couple of tries to escape that hallway and the balcony outside of it, as well as the one with the key collar.

I really dig the RE universe...lots of characters. It's cool that Jill Valentine of the Mansion Incident eventually becomes Wesker's evil right hand. She was the one leading the UmbrellaCorp army at the end of the last movie.

I also have RE4 but I was waaay too inept to play that one... couldn't aim the gun for s**t. If I get through #1 I'll give it a try again.

Resident Evil 1 was the first game I played on Playstation. I got a PS1 for my birthday and there was a good few years between the Playstation and the last time I'd played video games.

Those friggin dogs through the windows. I remember my reaction 15 years later.

Where those games get me is with the friggin soundtrack.

It's a game. A controllable cartoon. The zombies aren't real and I'm not actually gonna die. I will eventually kill the cerberus even if it takes a couple of tries, and I'm gonna get more than one try at anything if I need to. But holy crap when that zombie threat soundtrack cuts on I lose my s**t :eek:

I'm pretty sure that there's a science to that; I doubt it's just like they sift through some foley and go, "okay, that's sorta creepy, drop it in!" I remember thinking the same thing when I went to see the last Terminator movie... the one with Christian Bale. By this time killer machines aren't that big of a deal... we've encountered PLENTY of them by the time the Collector appears. Still, there was a sound put in the foley track that really gave me chills.. it really drove home that this was a machine with which there was no chance of negotiation or escape and was Death Itself. Kinda knocked me sideways a bit when I heard it, but I haven't been able to pick it out again from online clips.

Still haven't finished it (since my 360 died) and still don't know the ending.

Will probably get ME2 and 3 on PS3 since I am selling my 360 collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back