Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
TitanJeff said:
I think the top five of the '06 class may be as good, one through five, as any I can remember. They certainly have about as solid a college resume as any who've come out in the last decade. He's a list of the drafts from the last decade.

'04:
Manning
Gallery
Fitzgerald
Rivers
Taylor

'03:
Palmer
Rogers
A. Johnson
Robertson
Newman

'02:
Carr
Peppers
Harrington
M. Williams
Jammer

'01:
Vick
L. Davis
Warren
J. Smith
LT

'00:
C. Brown
Arrington
Samuels
Warrick
Lewis

'99:
Couch
McNabb
A. Smith
James
R. Williams

'98
Manning
Leaf
Wadsworth
Woodson
Enis

'97
Pace
Russell
Springs
Boulware
Westbrook

'96
K. Johnson
Hardy
Rice
Ogden
C. Jones

Of course, time will tell. '04 was solid but it's too early to call. Bush, Leinart, Young, Ferguson and Hawk. Two Heisman Trophy winners. Three National Champions. And you can add Cutler to the mix though I personally don't think he'll go top five.

The whole point is that there are possibly 10 guys who could possibly crack the top 5 in many years. But how does that improve the value of our pick? That just means that teams in the top 10 who are certain to get a real stud don't have as much incentive to give away the farm. Anyone past the top 10 couldn't hardly afford to trade for the #3 pick. They would have to give up their whole draft and possibly picks bnext year just to meet the chart calue.

I think it's pretty obvious looking at the list you quote that the quality of players available with the third pick this draft is better than what we've seen for some time. Probably too good to trade out of it unless someone is willing to give up their draft (and maybe some of '07s) to make the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back