Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not read through all of this just the op so forgive me if anyone else said it.

They are asking byard to play out of position way to much. He is playing man near the line a bunch. They need to stop this crap and put him back in center field 90% of the time. The guy isn't a box safety but they are playing him like 1.

If Byard is still a captain on this team, they need to strip that shit. His positioning, tackling, effort, angles, etc have all been dreadful.

I did not read through all of this just the op so forgive me if anyone else said it.

They are asking byard to play out of position way to much. He is playing man near the line a bunch. They need to stop this crap and put him back in center field 90% of the time. The guy isn't a box safety but they are playing him like 1.

Although I think Byard's play has fallen off a bit this year, I agree with this and think that this has led to the dropoff in some respects. They are forcing Byard to fill the role that Logan Ryan had, at times.

Another reason why I think the only way the defense improves is for a real DC to be hired so that Vrabel has little to input on the defense. Vrabel simply has no clue on how to scheme or prepare a gameplan for a defense. This is what happened in Houston and it is happening here

Anyone who thinks what is happening is due to Byard or he has quit because he got paid should actually watch a football game.

Our DC is the worst DC to ever be involved in a football game. The scheme is awful, the coaching is awful, the way players are being used is awful.

Until we fire the worst DC in the history of football, this is what we get...

Oh and the exact same thing can be said about the ST. Until the coach is replaced you can bring Jesus himself in to kick fieldgoals and it will look exactly the same.

Vrabel is being an idiot... There is this huge idiot basketball coach named Josh Pastner, who tried to pull this same crap a handful of years ago... "No need to replace the assistant coach... I WILL be the assistant coach! Who can assist me better than ME!?!?"

Anyone ever watch the episode of Office when Jim becomes the assistant to the regional manager and then asks for an assistant, but the only person qualified to be his assistant was the boss? So the boss becomes the assistant to the assistant.. "Hey Jim, I need you to do something" "Sounds like a job for my assistant."

Anyone who thinks what is happening is due to Byard or he has quit because he got paid should actually watch a football game.

Our DC is the worst DC to ever be involved in a football game. The scheme is awful, the coaching is awful, the way players are being used is awful.

Until we fire the worst DC in the history of football, this is what we get...

Oh and the exact same thing can be said about the ST. Until the coach is replaced you can bring Jesus himself in to kick fieldgoals and it will look exactly the same.

Vrabel is being an idiot... There is this huge idiot basketball coach named Josh Pastner, who tried to pull this same crap a handful of years ago... "No need to replace the assistant coach... I WILL be the assistant coach! Who can assist me better than ME!?!?"

Anyone ever watch the episode of Office when Jim becomes the assistant to the regional manager and then asks for an assistant, but the only person qualified to be his assistant was the boss? So the boss becomes the assistant to the assistant.. "Hey Jim, I need you to do something" "Sounds like a job for my assistant."
Maybe you should watch football. A DC doesn't cause a player to wiff on tackles, take bad angles, be out of position on plays, and so on. At some point you need to hold the player accountable for their poor play and he's playing like hot garbage he's invisible. Vacarro too. If it's going to take a coach to get a player motivated to do his job and put the work in then maybe we don't need players like that. Oh and the office sucks.

Maybe you should watch football. A DC doesn't cause a player to wiff on tackles, take bad angles, be out of position on plays, and so on. At some point you need to hold the player accountable for their poor play and he's playing like hot garbage he's invisible. Vacarro too. If it's going to take a coach to get a player motivated to do his job and put the work in then maybe we don't need players like that. Oh and the office sucks.
I agree with you on the fact the players need to be held accountable. But like we said in another post, the D lost alot with Casey and Ryan leaving, I believe that has had a negative on the unit.
Not making excuses for poor play but I think those 2 loses have had a bigger impact than many thought, including the staff.

I agree with you on the fact the players need to be held accountable. But like we said in another post, the D lost alot with Casey and Ryan leaving, I believe that has had a negative on the unit.
Not making excuses for poor play but I think those 2 loses have had a bigger impact than many thought, including the staff.
Ya for sure at first I didn't think losing Woodyard, Casey, Ryan, and he'll trading Correa would cause this defense to lose its swagger. Woodyard and Correa weren't world beaters but one brought the wisdom and accountability the other brought the intensity. Same goes for Casey and Ryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back