Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

First off someone should move this to the draft section.

Second, the best tackle prospects in the draft are Joe Alt outta notre dame and Olu Fashanu outta Penn State. Both guys look like very promising, one will probably be there at 7

First off someone should move this to the draft section.

Second, the best tackle prospects in the draft are Joe Alt outta notre dame and Olu Fashanu outta Penn State. Both guys look like very promising, one will probably be there at 7
Not sure why we need a separate draft section since there’s so much discussion crossover with the draft, free agency and the rest of the off-season. Just my two cents.

That being said, I honestly don’t think Alt or Fashanu are “generational” talents. The drop off to Latham or Mims is smaller than the drop off from say MHJ to Coleman or Franklin. I’d be fine going WR early if there is a serious plan in place for LT.

Not sure why we need a separate draft section since there’s so much discussion crossover with the draft, free agency and the rest of the off-season. Just my two cents.

That being said, I honestly don’t think Alt or Fashanu are “generational” talents. The drop off to Latham or Mims is smaller than the drop off from say MHJ to Coleman or Franklin. I’d be fine going WR early if there is a serious plan in place for LT.
It’s always been there and specifically over the next couple months, it’s a great way to separate draft talk vs team talk.
Agree there’s been a lot of crossover this year. I think that’s result of being knocked out so early.

Would of been nice to see if skoronski could play LT during the season so we could draft an offensive weapon, and look for a replacement G later. But I'm not a GM or HC so obviously don't know jack shit about the process. Draft looking like LT, WR, C first 3 rounds.

We are gonna miss out all other 6 teams before us need a LT plus teams behind us might jump since they are also desperate like the Jets.

I hope the NON TANK heroes are happy with a RT at 7.

We are gonna miss out all other 6 teams before us need a LT plus teams behind us might jump since they are also desperate like the Jets.

I hope the NON TANK heroes are happy with a RT at 7.
Yep, 6 T off the board before pick 7.

R-E-L-A-X.

combine hasnt happened. There will be 10
More overhyped players coming from there plus the “MUST have QB” crew will be there.

Disagree. Alt/Fashanu are the best OTs to come out in a good while. Certainly both are on par with someone like Penei Sewell when he came out.

Also, Latham and Mims are RTs, not LTs. So indeed, the drop-off is fairly significant if you are looking for a LT. They may have the physical ability to slide over LT, but they are much more riskier picks if you are looking for a true LT.

As far as WRs go, MHII is the best WR prospect in over a decade. So in that sense, yes there is a large drop-off. But Malik Nabers would likely be the No. 1 WR off the board in most any other draft over the last several years. He's right up there with Jamaar Chase, imo. Rome Odunze is right behind Nabers. I don't even know that Coleman and Franklin are locks to be1st round guys right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would of been nice to see if skoronski could play LT during the season so we could draft an offensive weapon, and look for a replacement G later. But I'm not a GM or HC so obviously don't know jack **** about the process. Draft looking like LT, WR, C first 3 rounds.

Was hoping we would address C in FA with Connor Williams, but since he tore his ACL, that plan is kaput. Cushenberry should be the plan now, imo. But assuming we can't find a high quality C in FA, we had better draft that center out of Oregon.

Was hoping we would address C in FA with Connor Williams, but since he tore his ACL, that plan is kaput. Cushenberry should be the plan now, imo. But assuming we can't find a high quality C in FA, we had better draft that center out of Oregon.

Center has got to be a priority in FA.

Actually quite a few FA centers that might become available...My top are Cushenberry and Biadasz....but wouldn't complain with Andre James, Evan Brown or Coleman Shelton

I would still look to sign Connor Williams to have great competition for IOL positions come 2025. Might be able to get him at a slight discount.

Disagree. Alt/Fashanu are the best OTs to come out in a good while. Certainly both are on par with someone like Penei Sewell when he came out.

Also, Latham and Mims are RTs, not LTs. So indeed, the drop-off is fairly significant if you are looking for a LT. They may have the physical ability to slide over LT, but they are much more riskier picks if you are looking for a true LT.

As far as WRs go, MHII is the best WR prospect in over a decade. So in that sense, yes there is a large drop-off. But Malik Nabers would likely be the No. 1 WR off the board in most any other draft over the last several years. He's right up there with Jamaar Chase, imo. Rome Odunze is right behind Nabers. I don't even know that Coleman and Franklin are locks to be1st round guys right now.

I think Nabers is a way way way better route runner than Odunze...Odunze honestly reminds me of Burks

Would love for us to grab Alt in round 1 and have one of Lathan/Sims/Fuaga fall to us for our 2nd pick. Let's be honest we need 2 tackles between FA/Draft. Then grab a center and WR in free agency.

drafted a T last year - LOL

Lol agreed but as much as we had a revolving door at the spot this year I don't see them making Peter a tackle at this point. That was a poor pick if they truly drafted him as a guard....

Kingsley Suamataia is a guy to watch fly up draft boards. He is cousins with Penni Sewell and is just as athletic if not more. Kid is 6'6" 325lbs and has been clocked at over 21.5mph. His coach at BYU says that he is the most violent OL that he has ever coached and the biggest freak of an athlete. Also he didn't give up a sack all year.

This is really a loaded draft at OT which is great for us.

Latest posts

Back