Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Odunze reminds me of Quinten Johnston. No thanks.
Odunze reminds me of a faster Chris Olave. Love his game. Would give us something we don't have, or have ever had really. He's a much better athlete than Burks and Johnston and will probably run in the 4.3's, if not faster.

Back to the subject of the thread - I agree with whoever said Alt and Olu aren't generational talents. They will be solid starters, but you can get solid starters in the 2nd round. With a top 10 pick, you need to draft a guy that's as close to generational as you can get.

I actually like the OT from Oregon State, Taliese Fuaga almost as much as the top 2, and you may be able to trade back and recoup that 3rd we're missing and still get him in the middle of the 1st round. The only issue with Fuaga is, I think he's primarily a RT.

I tend to lean more towards taking Nabers or Odunze at #7, then a OT at 39. Especially if we can sign someone in FA like Dion Dawkins (who may be let go by the Bills due to cap number) or Michael Onwenu.

Kingsley Suamataia is a guy to watch fly up draft boards. He is cousins with Penni Sewell and is just as athletic if not more. Kid is 6'6" 325lbs and has been clocked at over 21.5mph. His coach at BYU says that he is the most violent OL that he has ever coached and the biggest freak of an athlete. Also he didn't give up a sack all year.

This is really a loaded draft at OT which is great for us.
I will take 2 Please

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Alt is a beast. Would be perfect if he fell to 7, but I’m not so sure he gets there after the combine.

Olu is a beast too and did well at the combine. Hand size is kind of small though. Feel like that matters for offensive linemen.

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/Quarterbacks-With-the-Most-Impressive-Hand-Sizes-in-NFL-History

quarterbacks-with-the-most-impressive-hand-sizes-in-nfl-history.webp

9.375"

which is crazy considering my height

Latham and Mims are RTs, not LTs. So indeed, the drop-off is fairly significant if you are looking for a LT.

Man, Trent Williams played RT in college and Sewell played LT. They both switched in the NFL and now they're the two best tackles at their positions.
And let’s remember who took a young college RIGHT Tackle named Tyron Smith and made him into a stud LEFT Tackle in the NFL…

Bill Freaking Callahan

If Callahan says Mims and Guyton and Latham or whoever can play Left tackle at the next level, then I sure as hell would believe him.

First off someone should move this to the draft section.

Second, the best tackle prospects in the draft are Joe Alt outta notre dame and Olu Fashanu outta Penn State. Both guys look like very promising, one will probably be there at 7

It's probably going to be Fashanu. Unless something streaking from left field happens, Alt will be going to LAC.

Man, Trent Williams played RT in college and Sewell played LT. They both switched in the NFL and now they're the two best tackles at their positions.
And let’s remember who took a young college RIGHT Tackle named Tyron Smith and made him into a stud LEFT Tackle in the NFL…

Bill Freaking Callahan

If Callahan says Mims and Guyton and Latham or whoever can play Left tackle at the next level, then I sure as hell would believe him.

How does any of that disprove what I said. We are looking for a LT. There are only 2 stud LTs in this draft. Anyone else is a project. That doesn't mean guys like Mims or Fuaga can't play LT and excell, but they are pretty big question marks at the position, having either never played the position in college, or barely played the position.

So in fact, there is a big gap from Fashanu/Alt to the next guy, if you are looking for a pure LT. Hell, there could be future HOFer LT taken in the 6th round for all we know. That doesn't mean much now when we're talking about ranking the LT prospects before the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably going to be Fashanu. Unless something streaking from left field happens, Alt will be going to LAC.

The LA rumors seem like typical draft speculation to see who is interested in trading up. LA is gonna have to make some tough decisions to get under the cap. So they'll likely need all the draft picks they can get over the next couple of seasons as they lose some core players.

I think they are angling to move down 3-4 spots and take the guy they really want, which is Bowers.

Mike Williams or Keenan Allen I think 1 or both we see on the trade market shortly.
Just invested another 1st in Johnston last year.

I like Mims. I’m less interested in Guyton the more I research him.
I would be fine with Latham, Morgan, Amegadjie, Suamataia or Paul. Not necessarily as immediate starters, but as guys that could quickly develop into high level starters at LT with a year behind a vet.

I like Mims. I’m less interested in Guyton the more I research him.
I would be fine with Latham, Morgan, Amegadjie, Suamataia or Paul. Not necessarily as immediate starters, but as guys that could quickly develop into high level starters at LT with a year behind a vet.
I view Mims as the high ceiling developmental guy. He only had 8 total starts his entire time at UGA. I don’t care how freakish the guy is, he’s going to need A LOT of work. No thanks as a first rounder.

If Alt isn't available (which I expec5 he won't be) my favorite OT is probably Patrick Paul out if Houston. He has elite size and was the number 1 pass blocker in college football. He does have issues with his run blocking strength but that is lessened in a zone run scheme.

He and Stronski could be an elite left side of the OL for years. I wouldn't mind trading up from 38 to secure him, 38 and our 2025 2nd round could get us back into the first round and should be considered if we go WR at 7.

If we go WR with the 1st pick, I hope we go Suamataia with our 2nd pick. I love his play style. And he's one of the most athletic Tackles in the draft.

Latest posts

Back