Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

problem with Stronski playing G is Titans lied to fans saying they drafted the LT of the future on draft day

had they admitted they drafted a G the disappointment would not be with Stronski playing G but with rc for drafting a damn G with a top 10 pick - which is 100% legitimate IMO

I get it, and I’m not asking you to do extra research, but of the 60% hit rate you showed, even using your metrics of success, I’d say a majority of that 60% didn’t start at LT in the NFL for very long. A lot of those guys did play at a high level at RT or guard, though.

All of that to say, LT is a really difficult position to “hit” on for every team, not just the Titans.
I don’t think it would change much for the discussion, but I didn’t add anything to those players post leaving their team that drafted them. considering there’s only 25 tackles over that time, I can probably look for L vs R OT fairly easily.

Trading back into the 20’s would net us multiple day 2 picks and we’d still be able to take a tackle like Morgan or Paul or Rosengarten or Sumataia or Amegadjie, all of which could be high level starters.

I gues the question is do we want one great player or 3-4 very good players.

Trading back into the 20’s would net us multiple day 2 picks and we’d still be able to take a tackle like Morgan or Paul or Rosengarten or Sumataia or Amegadjie, all of which could be high level starters.

I have decided to be on the 3-4 very good player plan. There are some really great picks at positions we need in round 2 and 3 if we trade down and aquire those picks. I think the team needs to fill those spots more than it needs one great player (who is not actually guaranteed to be a great player).

I have decided to be on the 3-4 very good player plan. There are some really great picks at positions we need in round 2 and 3 if we trade down and aquire those picks. I think the team needs to fill those spots more than it needs one great player (who is not actually guaranteed to be a great player).
no what the titans need is CBs with crazy large contracts ... Titans dont need day 2 picks at all

I'll keep saying it until everyone understands. Trading back outside the top 10 simply for additional mid round picks is a move a failing franchise makes. You take elite players in the top 10 when they are available. If you are trading back, it's got to be for a big overpay because you are giving up the chance to draft one of those elite prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:
problem with Stronski playing G is Titans lied to fans saying they drafted the LT of the future on draft day

had they admitted they drafted a G the disappointment would not be with Stronski playing G but with rc for drafting a damn G with a top 10 pick - which is 100% legitimate IMO

Guard in the first!

View attachment 21694

Last edited by a moderator:

Very good?

When have we ever gotten 4 very good players?

Very good?

When have we ever gotten 4 very good players?

Fair point.

It has been something i have been questioning the last few years.

Why do many NFL teams like ours miss so often? Why are there so many 1st round busts and guys that everybody passes on at least once that become superstars? You would think teams would be hiring people who could figure it out.

Edit: I shouldn't have posted this. Don't really want to have this discussion in the Tackle thread.

I think they have to take Alt if he's there. We have missed on tackles too many times in FA and draft to skip the highest rated guy. It has become a curse that needs to be broken.

Will he break the curse? I don't know. I can only hope.

Fair point.

It has been something i have been questioning the last few years.

Why do many NFL teams like ours miss so often? Why are there so many 1st round busts and guys that everybody passes on at least once that become superstars? You would think teams would be hiring people who could figure it out.

Edit: I shouldn't have posted this. Don't really want to have this discussion in the Tackle thread.

As fans we like to get excited about draft picks. The reality is, a high percentage bust out.

As fans we like to get excited about draft picks. The reality is, a high percentage bust out.

That's why more picks are better than a high pick... more chances to hit the lottery since we apparently don't have a clue who the good players will be.

Ok.. I'll stop now. Lol

That's why more picks are better than a high pick... more chances to hit the lottery since we apparently don't have a clue who the good players will be.

Ok.. I'll stop now. Lol

I used to think that, and mostly still do.

I'd take the risk to trade up for Marvin Harrison jr. The Crap and average bums we would end up taking with the pick we trade are worth it.

I used to think that, and mostly still do.

I'd take the risk to trade up for Marvin Harrison jr. The Crap and average bums we would end up taking with the pick we trade are worth it.
Marvin Harrison is good enough to justify a trade up. I don’t think we do it, but I’m surprised more teams aren’t reportedly trying to move up to get him.

Latest posts

Back