Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I complained when we took him in the 3rd. While he is a good athlete and clearly has a strong arm, the production in college just wasn’t there for me.

All the pundits said he'd be gone in the 1st. But I long before realised they just say that stuff to keep fan bases interested in the off season.

Hey-I’ll be honest. I’m a little encouraged. Because he played decent the 1st half. Just zero help from Conley and NWI on two well thrown balls.

he just reverted to being the squirrel late in game and overtime. But he DID show improvement. So I’m interested in his development. .

Hey-I’ll be honest. I’m a little encouraged. Because he played decent the 1st half. Just zero help from Conley and NWI on two well thrown balls.

he just reverted to being the squirrel late in game and overtime. But he DID show improvement. So I’m interested in his development. .

Hope springs eternal

Where is this improvement people keep talking about?

He completed 6 of 16 passes, ran around instead of throwing the ball and looked like he has no idea how to play QB... Same story since he first took the field in preseason.

He did make a couple of nice throws. But you'd expect any QB that is on an NFL team to make those throws.

There's 0 chance this guy will ever be an NFL QB. He needs to develop his forklift driving or something because he won't be playing QB.

Not a chance I wanted to see the titans take a QB (any) first round this year.
Granted, I also didn’t want them to draft a WR first round either.

the lack of OL is pretty apparent though.

He made a couple great throws that were dropped. I think that is a confidence killer in a new an
But he should have been instructed if he didn’t know all ready that the ball has to be thrown on 4th down

No one got open like at all there's 0 separation from everyone and that's with Tanny and Malik .

Malik is a day 2 qb who needs alot of development and help.

Where is this improvement people keep talking about?

He completed 6 of 16 passes, ran around instead of throwing the ball and looked like he has no idea how to play QB... Same story since he first took the field in preseason.

He did make a couple of nice throws. But you'd expect any QB that is on an NFL team to make those throws.

There's 0 chance this guy will ever be an NFL QB. He needs to develop his forklift driving or something because he won't be playing QB.
You may be right if he has Downing to develop him. But he looked composed the 1st half and got zero help from WRs. I’m not an apologist- he def loses composure quickly and runs around like a squirrel. I’ll give him couple of years to develop/mature.

That's the problem Dowing is great at scripting plays That's why Malik look so good in the first half.

In the second half our OC lost it and so did malik.

The OL was atrocious in passing situations, especially late in the game. Willis is bad, but not even Mahomes would have looked good under those conditions.

I didn't want a QB at all in round 1. But I was happy to take Willis round 3 due to the upside and the fact that our backup QB situation with garbage. At least Willis has talent. You can coach up talent (well good coaches can anyways. Not ours) The Logan Woodsides of the world don't belong on an NFL roster.

The OL was atrocious in passing situations, especially late in the game. Willis is bad, but not even Mahomes would have looked good under those conditions.

I didn't want a QB at all in round 1. But I was happy to take Willis round 3 due to the upside and the fact that our backup QB situation with garbage. At least Willis has talent. You can coach up talent (well good coaches can anyways. Not ours) The Logan Woodsides of the world don't belong on an NFL roster.
Ya, no beef with taking a QB later in the draft. I’d hoped to address OL before the 3rd and it kind of was.
And woodside pretty much sucks. We know what he offers.

I don't follow college ball closely but what I saw predraft was that Willis was basically Trey Lance. Huge arm, wheels, small school, needed a lot of work etc. With that comparison I was ok with spending a first rounder on him. Obviously I was wrong. I still don't hate the pick, the physical traits are there, maybe a QB guru could fix the rest. We don't have one of those though so we'll probably never know.

This is most definitely not the OC or WR Core to judge him by.

Vrabel: "We want him to look downfield and not just take off"

I want Willis one time to put out a response "Well, the receivers you've provided to me suck and cannot get separation -- and when they do they drop it."

I want Willis one time to put out a response "Well, the receivers you've provided to me suck and cannot get separation -- and when they do they drop it."

For sure. He showed flashes. Get him some weapons and keep grooming him and we'll see. He's only a rookie. Josh Allen didn't throw well to start his career either. If by next year we don't see improvement then I'd be concerned at that point.

Most evaluators said he would need at least two full seasons to get ready and that is why he dropped. So, getcha some popcorn and grab a seat.

If Malik said that publically, Vrabel would trade him for a 7th round pick swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back