Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand trading a proven WR for a rookie. If they had gone QB there and WR with the 2nd first round pick it would have made more sense to me.

Guess trading Brown sort of forced a WR pick.

Didn’t want a WR, dont think they got the best trade value for brown, and no matter how this guy does, he’ll still be limited to the half of the plays they don’t run Henry.

A WR in the first in Tennessee is by virtue of their offense since always is a waste.

I dont understand trading a proven WR for a rookie. If they had gone QB there and WR with the 2nd first round pick it would have made more sense to me.

Robinson clearly wasn’t going to give Brown 25 mil a year. To be honest, I don’t blame him on that, but Robinson got too little value back imo.

Reality needs to start setting in that the window likely closed against the Bengals

This was a $20 million business decision, simple as that. I hate it but it was trade him now and get his replacement or potentially loose him next year for nothing. Titans weren't going to give him 25 mil a year and Brown wasn't taking less than that. I just hate it wasn't for more draft capital. 1st and 2nd would of been much better.

Don't forget we also have to sign big Jeff next year and money is getting tight. hope this kid turns out to be as good as AJ.

Robinson clearly wasn’t going to give Brown 25 mil a year. To be honest, I don’t blame him on that, but Robinson got too little value back imo.

Reality needs to start setting in that the window likely closed against the Bengals

I am sure the money was the issue, but that is the going rate for top tier WR's now, so unless they are going to rely on young guys and rotating their top receivers every couple of years, they are going to have to pay for that position at some point.

I dont think the window has closed at all. The team should still be competitive, just a matter if they choke in the playoffs IMO. But if this kid isnt ready from day one and/or Woods isnt fully healthy, then certainly going to struggle in the passing game.

I am sure the money was the issue, but that is the going rate for top tier WR's now, so unless they are going to rely on young guys and rotating their top receivers every couple of years, they are going to have to pay for that position at some point.

I dont think the window has closed at all. The team should still be competitive, just a matter if they choke in the playoffs IMO.

Titans couldn’t pay Brown 25 mil with Simmons extension coming up. Given that Vrabel and Co will continue to run Henry into the ground in this run first offense, titans can’t invest in a receiver like brown.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Titans couldn’t pay Brown 25 mil with Simmons extension coming up. Given that Vrabel and Co will continue to run Henry into the ground in this run first offense, titans can’t invest in a receiver like brown.

THat plan only works if Henry stays healthy. My concern there is we have seen over the years when RBs start getting injured, they often times start getting injured often. Hopefully wont be the case with Henry, but pretty big gamble IMO if that is their thinking.

I thikn you have to invest in a receiver at some point, and not just drafting them. The league is too much of a passing game now, and we saw how the passing game worked last year with all the injuries at receiver. If the new guy is ready from day one to be a stud receiver, maybe it wont be an issue, but we will see how that goes.

ugh that’s all most likely correct but I can’t come to grips with liking this because it’s still a bitter pill to swallow. :drunk:

THat plan only works if Henry stays healthy. My concern there is we have seen over the years when RBs start getting injured, they often times start getting injured often. Hopefully wont be the case with Henry, but pretty big gamble IMO if that is their thinking.

I thikn you have to invest in a receiver at some point, and not just drafting them. The league is too much of a passing game now, and we saw how the passing game worked last year with all the injuries at receiver. If the new guy is ready from day one to be a stud receiver, maybe it wont be an issue, but we will see how that goes.

Don’t disagree, I’m not optimistic that Henry returns to form at all given the workload he has endured. Unfortunately, Vrabel runs an offense Jeff Fisher has wet dreams about

I'm guessing that JRob and Vrabs saw how awful our passing offense was when Henry went down and said that AJ wasn't going to put up the numbers required for a $25M a year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back