Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone is down on him because of the trade but he’s going to be a very, very good player. When he played Bama, we could not stop him.

I know everyone is down on him because of the trade but he’s going to be a very, very good player. When he played Bama, we could not stop him.

A lot of people here wanted him before the AJ trade, including myself. I'm still happy we got him, curious to see what happens at 26, lots of options

The AJ trade aside... anyone know much about this guy? Any Arkansas fans?

I admit, he's pretty good. His comparison is Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown. He's like a gadget player who can play all over the field IMO. I would've loved this pick had we got him at 26. He slipped big time due to his combine, but he was once considered easily top 15 pick. A RB playing WR.

I dont understand trading a proven WR for a rookie. If they had gone QB there and WR with the 2nd first round pick it would have made more sense to me.
Because he's too expensive and he didn't want to be here anymore because of.. Feelings.

Good luck, but good riddance.

I am sure the money was the issue, but that is the going rate for top tier WR's now, so unless they are going to rely on young guys and rotating their top receivers every couple of years, they are going to have to pay for that position at some point.

I dont think the window has closed at all. The team should still be competitive, just a matter if they choke in the playoffs IMO. But if this kid isnt ready from day one and/or Woods isnt fully healthy, then certainly going to struggle in the passing game.
I don't think we should ever pay a WR 12% of the salary cap. That's just crazy. JRob said it himself, salaries are cyclical. It's a copycat league. You get a "hot hand" overvalued position, everyone overpays, then it comes back down to earth. It wasn't that long ago that RBs were making more money than WRs.

He probably doesn't have speed AJ has. He's more similar to a guy like Mike Evans. Hopefully, he turns out something similar to him.

We still need another WR. Preferably a burner.

I admit, he's pretty good. His comparison is Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown. He's like a gadget player who can play all over the field IMO. I would've loved this pick had we got him at 26. He slipped big time due to his combine, but he was once considered easily top 15 pick. A RB playing WR.
He’s definitely not an RB at WR. He’s 6’3 and mike 230. He had 1100 yards receiving last year.

Robinson clearly wasn’t going to give Brown 25 mil a year. To be honest, I don’t blame him on that, but Robinson got too little value back imo.

Reality needs to start setting in that the window likely closed against the Bengals

The benglas game showed me there was no window.

Lets take a QB at 26 and roll the dice.

Robinson clearly wasn’t going to give Brown 25 mil a year. To be honest, I don’t blame him on that, but Robinson got too little value back imo.

Reality needs to start setting in that the window likely closed against the Bengals
But did he? Other teams saw the games missed too. We traded a guy taken in the 2nd for a 1st and 3rd. Not bad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back