Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolle
Finnegan
ATV
Butler?

Hopefully both Farley and Molden can crack this.
I think using ATV, we start reaching for even Mccourty or Pac-Man for a year or two, again just some sporadic solid play.

I will add, that without looking it up, the years some of these marginal CB did well, we probably had a good DL and pass rush.

I think butler is good. Ryan had 1-2 good years too. With those 2 on the field AJ25 had a good season.

None of these guys are really shutdown either. Probably have to reach back to Chris dishman or another Oiler to really find a shutdown guy.

That’s who I was thinking too.
Otherwise, sporadic play from guys like finnegan or ATV and even then, not shutdown guys but takeaway guys.

Rolle was probably the only elite cornerback we’ve ever had. After him, Finnegan was really good for 2 seasons and probably the closest to a shutdown corner since Rolle.

I think using ATV, we start reaching for even Mccourty or Pac-Man for a year or two, again just some sporadic solid play.

I will add, that without looking it up, the years some of these marginal CB did well, we probably had a good DL and pass rush.

I think butler is good. Ryan had 1-2 good years too. With those 2 on the field AJ25 had a good season.

None of these guys are really shutdown either. Probably have to reach back to Chris dishman or another Oiler to really find a shutdown guy.

Can't believe I forgot McCourty.

To be honest we haven't ever had a legit shut down guy in TN and potentially Pac Man might have come the closest along with Rolle. We have had some solid players but none that were good enough to hit the level Farley has the potential to hit. 6'2 with sub 4.3 speed and the guy is still learning the position.

I'd say Farley has a legit chance to be in HOF territory if he can stay healthy. Not only does he have the athleticism to man cover anyone he could also be a darn good WR so his ball skills will bag him more than his share of ints if they dare throw his way. If he is healthy we can leave him on an island against their best WR. That is how the defense can become elite.

Wow. Hopefully Farley continues to buck our recent trend of first rounds not contributing in year 1. Outside of Simmons who is a special case we have gotten big production out of a first round pick since Conklin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back