Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys who think we should fire Vrabel are just raging…worst oline in the league and a 2 week QB…we were lucky lawrence played like crap or it would not have been close.

Fire downing and clean some staff out. Vrabel is not the problem one year removed from being COY.

Agreed.

Like Vrabel’s philosophy of run defense and run or not - regardless he has brought stability and an identity and an aura to this franchise that has not been around since the good Fisher days.

Sometimes complete change isn’t always the answer; but a soft re-tool is in order.

Incase you guys haven’t noticed - Titans don’t have the best track record-history with coaching.

Vrabel should stay.

i'm not just raging trust me, I'm pretty sure I said the same thing weeks ago

tonight just confirmed it

he has no business returning as coach

overrated as ****, refuses to acknowledge his own ****ups, won't take out bad players, won't redesign playbook, won't get rid of bad coaches

overall **** coach for the last 3 years

blame the OL and injuries all you want.. he is still just as responsible for those by refusing to either move or bench Daley and brings back the worst players from IR, he's just been a disaster since the '19 run

Definitely hasn't been the coach that would make the Titans "elite" as he was advertised.

And LOL at anyone thinking the offensive philosophy will change regardless of the OC. With or without Henry, all Vrabel has demonstrated is that he will run too much on first down and consistently put his QB and offense in bad situations on third down. Nothing but Jeff Fisher 2.0. so far in five seasons.

Vrabel is a good coach.

At what exactly?

Team consistently downplays to opponent or ceases to show up vs bad teams
2 years in a row of opening week losses bc we sat all the starters in preseason
Bad game management decision making the last 3 years
Refuses to bench awful players like Daley and Swaim
Gives same speech after every loss
Unable to adjust at halftime
Unable to admit his staff sucks

So what's he good at? Letting Henry run? Whooptyfuckingdo

At what exactly?

So what's he good at? Letting Henry run? Whoopty****ingdo
I think he motivates players well when they’re actually underdogs.

Small positive if you expect to be a winning franchise and likely not underdogs often.

Oh, and threatening to cut his d1ck off. That kind of investment is a pretty big positive.

Slim positives to pick from.

At what exactly?

So what's he good at? Letting Henry run? Whoopty****ingdo
I think he motivates players well when they’re actually underdogs.

Small positive if you expect to be a winning franchise and likely not underdogs often.

Oh, and threatening to cut his d1ck off. That kind of investment is a pretty big positive.

Slim positives to pick from.

Vrabel led teams have been good at chocking in playoff and playoff like games because of his idiotic belief in running till it pops.

Underachieving has been a theme these past few years

Vrabel led teams have been good at chocking in playoff and playoff like games because of his idiotic belief in running till it pops.

Underachieving has been a theme these past few years
Technically Robiskie left before Vrabel so I don’t know for sure that he prescribes to that, but he does do a lot of predictable running.

Vrabel was lucky enough to catch lightning in a bottle with Henry running for insane yards at the same time Tannehill gave us his 1 2/3rds best seasons of his entire career.

I think people should get their sedatives lined up and ready because there is a better than average chance the coaches get one more pass due to poor roster management with JR taking all the blame this year. I hope not, but I will not be surprised to see it play out that way.

Can the titans actually get a competent offensive coordinator or any other competent position coaches with Vrabel around? Seems like vrabel wants full control of everything. Downing sucks but I worry his replacement wouldn’t make a difference due to vrabel forcing the same just run run Henry philosophy he has.

Vrabel will believe that the plays called were fine. The Titans won time of possession and held a lead throughout the game.

He’ll point to the turnovers as the reason the Titans lost.

Thing is that this style of offense relies on a low margin of error. A penalty or sack usually kills a drive. A couple of turnovers can’t be overcome.

Art Smith ran Mike Vrabel's offense to a top five Offense a few years ago while Todd Downing is running the same offense to dead last in the league ... Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back