Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Am I blind or do we not have a WR thread already?? Feel free to move this if I missed it.

Anyway... for all those sad about Show19ine, here is his replacement: James Proche.

Very similar to Sharpe. Not the fastest in the world, but legit with greater hands (3 drops on 164 targets last year) and ridiculous ball skills. Needs to work on his route running, which was Sharpe's strength, but makes up for it by making some ridiculous snatches. Not super athletic either, but combines just enough surprising quickness with his strength to make some moves with the ball in his hands. Returned punts and is tough enough I can see him as a gunner. Sort of similar to Derrick Mason or an unpolished Wes Welker (not saying he'll ever have that kind of production)

Above all, he has what JRob seems to value the most in receivers... production. He doesn't care if you're from a small school...
Back to back 1200 yard seasons
111 catches last year and 93 the year before
15 and 12 TDs respectively
As a Sophomore, had 800 yards and 6 TDs playing next to Courtland Sutton.
Plus... we know JRob likes guys with horses on their helmets.

If you're looking for a 4th or 5th guy to net us 300-400 yards with 4 or 5 TDs and some clutch catches, this is the guy. I think JRob takes him if he's there in the 5th.

Kalija Lipscomb out of Vandy REALLY seems like a legit sleeper. Inside/outside versatility, excellent hands and routes, some elusiveness after the catch. Mostly successful in the short and medium ranges of the field, but with our offense, that would work.

4.57 40 shows that he has adequate athleticism, though he is not a burner....

Looks good, and JROB definitely DOES like production. I also like Quez Watkins in the 5th. 4.31 speed and great hands.

I wouldn't hate it. Also very productive at a small school. I'm all for getting another speed guy with upside.

I just love Proche's hands and aggressiveness coming down with the ball. If we are trying to replace Tajae, we need a 4th or 5th option with sure hands that can move the chains.

I'll be happy with either.

Thank goodness JRob goes for production and not "potential". Bye-bye the days of DGB and Justin Hunter (although not sure what happened with Taywan Taylor... his college numbers were bananas). Can't win them all.

Thank goodness JRob goes for production and not "potential". Bye-bye the days of DGB and Justin Hunter (although not sure what happened with Taywan Taylor... his college numbers were bananas). Can't win them all.

If half a GMs draft picks get a 2nd contract thats considered good in the NFL

Very few of JRs picks have been bad

I wouldn't hate it. Also very productive at a small school. I'm all for getting another speed guy with upside.

I just love Proche's hands and aggressiveness coming down with the ball. If we are trying to replace Tajae, we need a 4th or 5th option with sure hands that can move the chains.

I'll be happy with either.

Justin Hunter went for 73-1086-9 his last year of college.

Besides Quez, other guys I like in the 5th:

Gabriel Davis

Lyn Bowden

Just RIDICULOUS depth at WR in this draft

I remember seeing Davis mocked in the first round before the season started. I like his game. However, he plays nothing like OBJ though. They want to make the comparison so bad, but it's just not there. He's more of a Keenan Allen type WR.

But IF and that's a big IF, he's still there in the 5th, I'd definitely like to have him.

Quez watkins has been my unanimous late round wr this year for us, but i just noticed this guy and he's giving quez a run for his money now. 4.39 40, tenacious run blocking, great hands(over 100 catches, 1400 yards) and as you can see in the lsu game, he is a grown ass man..

Plus, devin the duve would easily be the coolest nickname in the nfl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think during Senior Bowl week Davenport touched on a few guys to watch there that he thought were great fits for the Titans. And Duvernay was the receiver. I warmed up to him at that point.

I don't really know Watkins. Every single guy here seems to have him as their late round WR, which means people just repeat the 1 name they heard.... or he goes way earlier than people here expect.

I think during Senior Bowl week Davenport touched on a few guys to watch there that he thought were great fits for the Titans. And Duvernay was the receiver. I warmed up to him at that point.

I don't really know Watkins. Every single guy here seems to have him as their late round WR, which means people just repeat the 1 name they heard.... or he goes way earlier than people here expect.

Watkins is really fast and fluid. 2nd fastest wr behind ruggs. 60+ catches last 2 seasons. 1200 yards last year. 6 foot tall..so yeah he's a very intriguing prospect. Would probably take khalif raymonds burner spot, but i don't know if he'll have much value outside of that for us Right away. He returned kicks and punts too so there's that.

Duvernay is also a burner who will block his ass off and catch balls in the middle of the field. He will also run over cornerbacks for plenty of rac yards. Not quite as good top end speed or as good of a route runner as watkins though.

I honestly don't know who id rather have. I want one of them though for sure. Easily my favorite 2 wrs for us. Speed is the ingredient missing from our offense and one of these late day 2 early day 3 guys would be perfect.

Watkins is really fast and fluid. 2nd fastest wr behind ruggs. 60+ catches last 2 seasons. 1200 yards last year. 6 foot tall..so yeah he's a very intriguing prospect. Would probably take khalif raymonds burner spot, but i don't know if he'll have much value outside of that for us Right away. He returned kicks and punts too so there's that.

Duvernay is also a burner who will block his ass off and catch balls in the middle of the field. He will also run over cornerbacks for plenty of rac yards. Not quite as good top end speed or as good of a route runner as watkins though.

I honestly don't know who id rather have. I want one of them though for sure. Easily my favorite 2 wrs for us. Speed is the ingredient missing from our offense and one of these late day 2 early day 3 guys would be perfect.

I'd bet Duvernay has better top end. He ran a 10.2 in the 100m in high school. If he focused on track, he'd be an Olympian.

I'd bet Duvernay has better top end. He ran a 10.2 in the 100m in high school. If he focused on track, he'd be an Olympian.

Idk bro. Quez ran a 4.35 at combine. Duvernay ran 4.39. Quez is also longer and lighter so I couldn't see duvernay catching him. Itd be a fun race to watch though 4sure

Also, in my opinion, it's more impressive for a non track guy to run a good 40 than a guy who was on the track team.

I put together my positional rankings yesterday....just do 1st, 2nd, 3rd rnders and Duvernay was the last WR to make it in with a 3rd rnd grade

1st rnd grades-- Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Reagor, Jefferson
2nd rnd grades-- Mims, Higgins, Van Jefferson, Aiyuk, Shenault, Pittman
3rd rnd grades-- Bowden, Claypool, Tyler Johnson, Hamler, Duvernay

I put together my positional rankings yesterday....just do 1st, 2nd, 3rd rnders and Duvernay was the last WR to make it in with a 3rd rnd grade

This wide receiver class is so deep. JR better get us one.

Good list. Looks right to me, outside of Van Jefferson 2nd round grade. I love the dude, he went to my old high school. But hes been dealing with offseason injury and I'm seeing him going closer to the 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back