Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, its' all just opinionated anyway at this point. Who knows, they could all three wash for all we know but I will still pull for Vince since he is the one we drafted and because I think he has the most untouched potential. But there still isn't any reason to jump anyone for their opinion one way or the other. I wouldn't expect everyone to agree.....that would be boring and then this board would be really boring.

I will say this about Vince while at Texas

He was the closest thing I have ever seen to Michael Jordan on a football field.

Will he be the same in the NFL, I think he will struggle but eventually he will be a great QB.

Austin_Bill said:

He was the closest thing I have ever seen to Michael Jordan on a football field.

Will he be the same in the NFL, I think he will struggle but eventually he will be a great QB.

so your saying he is the best College footballer of all time?

Gunny said:
so your saying he is the best College footballer of all time?

That is a tough label...But he certainly belongs in that conversation and is ONE OF THE BEST college players of all time. I think he put up the best single game performance in college history against USC given the record nnumbers he put up in what was a historic championship game.

I'll say this though, in over 100 years of Texas football, he is without a doubt the best player to ever come out of Texas IMO. Earl held that title for a long time, but Vince took it away from him after last year.

I would have to agree. VY is one of if not the best college football players of all time. He definately was the Michael Jordan of college football last year however Bush might have been a close second.

Austin_Bill said:

I didn't know that MJ played football. And he was in the NFL!!!, and a quarterback at that??!! Did this happen before or after the baseball thing?

Tuckfro42 said:
I didn't know that MJ played football. And he was in the NFL!!!, and a quarterback at that??!! Did this happen before or after the baseball thing?

I believe if you actually go back reread what he said he didn't say that Jordan was actually on the field. He said he was the closest thing to it. He was the Michael Jordan of Football. :sad2:

Hawk said:
One of my favorite Vince snippets was the film that went around of the Texas locker room before the OU game last season. A little background for you non-Texas fans, Texas had lost 5 straight to OU coming into this year's game and the Texas coaches and teams had been uptight and coaching and playing scared in most of those which attributed to that losing streak in a big way.

Anyway, in the film of the locker room, Vince turns up some loud hip hop music, shouts "We own the cotton bowl", and starts dancing around doing a back and forth chant to the music with him and the rest of the team. Even the big fat white guy linemen were dancing, it was pretty funny. The point is, Vince had the whole team relaxed, confident, and PUMPED, and he always seemed to.

He has an infectious confidence that seemed to permeate to the whole team. I've never seen anything quite like it. It's the so-called "Vince vibe". He even found a way to get Mack Brown and OC Greg Davis to relax, which was a huge feat as any Longhorn fan could tell you. He had the whole team, hell the fans too, believing that Texas could not lose with him in the game.

And he was right.

The VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SeeWV9l1Zs&search=Longhorns pre-OU

My favorite Vince Stories are:
------
Against Michigan in the Rose Bowl, UT down 10 points with 10 minutes to play, Young slapped Brown
on the stomach and said, "Don't worry, Coach, I got this."
-----
In the huddle, Young will tell his teammates they're about to make a fool of a player on defense – and
then do it. Such was the case at Kansas last year when linebacker Nick Reed wouldn't stop talking to
Young. When it mattered most, Young did what he calls the "Texas two-step" on Reed, making Reed
miss him as he ran through Reed on a 22-yard scramble on fourth-and-18 during the Horns' gamewinning
drive. "It's like Vince called his shot," former Horn Will Matthews said.
-----
Entire Story from Dallas morning news:
www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/doc_lib/DMNhavingfunnow.pdf

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ng0tNcnKJA0"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ng0tNcnKJA0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

We've got Vince Young!!!

Hawk said:
This is a most excellent thread.
because of you... that's why I bumped it. I could have posted that commercial anywhere... The ESPY's is coming on this weekend. I'm kinda amped because of the Vince Young thing.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
because of you... that's why I bumped it. I could have posted that commercial anywhere... The ESPY's is coming on this weekend. I'm kinda amped because of the Vince Young thing.

Thanks, Bipolar, and I was enjoying the video and article from Torch7 that I had missed the first time around, and also your commercial video.

On another note, YouTube has to be my new favorite website. I just hope they can stay in business, their bandwidth use must be HUGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back