Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunny said:
If Young stinks it up there will be the Young is a bust threads.

I think the fans here are getting their expectations entirely too high. Most of you have played football, and I knowthat you know it's a team sport. I expect VY to be an improvement, but I'd be really careful about expecting him to carry the team on his shoulders all by himself. Even if he stinks it up for 3 years, it would be hard to call him a bust with this team around him.

Nice to agree with you RollTide

RollTide said:
I like the boldness of it. It took mcnair until his 3rd season to take over and young is doing it after 3 games. Wow!

Unusual isn't it that now that collins has been here over a month and is probably finally getting a grasp of the offense he has to sit down. Despite the 2 ints against the dolphins he did have his best game.

In any event this is a team that has averaged 11 points a game and i'm sure we can do better with young. We will now see a crowd that is on fire and a team that is on fire. The gayboys are going down!

:))

VY is going to make mistakes. Like opening day with the pick. But, the boobirds stayed away. I think everyone knows he's a rookie and knows what to expect. He (VY) will be just fine.

:jumpropeb :cool2: :banana:

I hope I am wrong but I see this as even more desperate than bringing in Collins less than two weeks before the season opener.

TitanJeff said:
I hope I am wrong but I see this as even more desperate than bringing in Collins less than two weeks before the season opener.

That or accepting that Kerry Collins would never be the answer

Am i excited to see vince take some snaps...yes. Am I worried about his health/safety against a defense like Dallas?...yes. I hope he does well, but as bad as KC is, I don't think Vince is ready. I hope this doesn't mess his future up...we'll see. BTW, this decision has BUD ADAMS written all over it, don't you think?

Bud did it. He told Fisher that Young would start. Fisher's the one who has been saying he would be patient with Young. Bud wants to mess with Texas, he's just starting earlier than we thought.

I'm excited but nervous. If he even has a decent performance the next three games, we could have a fun second half...

I actually think starting Young against a defense like this is a good thing. Get the worst out of the way first. I'm excited to see what happens.

I'm not so sure about the Bud Adams angle. I mean I don't think he could force Fisher to start Young if he didn't want to. For all the controversy lately I still think Fisher wouldn't be unemployed for long if he was fired.

I don't expect miracles out of him. I still think we will lose to "The Boys". It's Vince's first start and he will make some mistakes, rookie mistakes, and will probably cost a few game along the way with an INT here and there, but I still think he will be an improvement and will get better as he goes along. I'm still looking at all this with hope for next year more so than this year. Alex Smith looked like total crap last year, but this year he has looked much better. Once Vince develops some chemistry with the recievers and better feel for the Defences....watch out!

I dissagree that we will lose because of Vince. I was there opening day. I saw how the offense pepped up when he was in. I think, much like the Steelers did for Roth, the offense will step up their game to help our rookie. I think we are in for a good game.

Vigsted said:
That or accepting that Kerry Collins would never be the answer
i dont think they ever thought collins was the answer. he was a stop gap, which is something volek wasnt willing to be.

SteveH said:
Two things..

i) Bulluck knew all along !

I thought the same thing. Bulluck is not a guy to run his mouth too much like some players. When I read what he said, he was as good a leaking the story. He was probably asked to.

I'm not gung-ho about this

I don't want to see VY end up a Tim Couch.

And it bothers me that we paid for two non-starting qbs, BV and KC,. I know Collins was cheap, and perhaps for a reason.

I can't wait to see him start!!! Oh and BTW is anyone from Nashville planning on going to Dave and Buster's to watch the game?? I had thought about it but I wasn't for sure since I haven't been there on a Sunday and didn't know if many people went there that early to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back