Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. I'm not a hater. I'm a realist. I see us fighting the Jags to stay out of 4th place. I really hope I'm wrong but, I have very little faith in Mariota. I know, here comes a volley of stats about his past but, his stats are better than our records.
His stats are ass, so 9-7 > his stats

I'm encouraged by a couple things about Mary. Hes 230lbs now, and hes talking about taking more shots with the ball.

Those are 2 things I've hated about him in the past. He was too thin to play the way he likes, and he didnt trust his receivers to make plays enough. Now with 15 added pounds and better talent around him he seems like hes ready to turn a corner.

I'm encouraged by a couple things about Mary. Hes 230lbs now, and hes talking about taking more shots with the ball.

Those are 2 things I've hated about him in the past. He was too thin to play the way he likes, and he didnt trust his receivers to make plays enough. Now with 15 added pounds and better talent around him he seems like hes ready to turn a corner.
Man I hope you’re right....

If you're right, this roster is built well enough to make a legit push in the AFC.

I would say we should definitely compete for playoffs

Theres NE, KC, IND. Then its muddled. LAC, TN, HOU, PIT, CLE, possibly CIN.

Our roster is as good as any. Really all hinges on Mary

If Gordon shows up and River's arm holds up for another season I can't see LAC not being a top team again. That leaves 2 spots for TEN, HOU, PIT, CLE, BAL, and any other surprise teams to fight over. Teams like the Jets, Bills, Raiders and others have plenty of talent too and won't stay bad forever.

It's gonna be a dogfight in the AFC and we should be right in the thick of it.

If Gordon shows up and River's arm holds up for another season I can't see LAC not being a top team again. That leaves 2 spots for TEN, HOU, PIT, CLE, BAL, and any other surprise teams to fight over. Teams like the Jets, Bills, Raiders and others have plenty of talent too and won't stay bad forever.

It's gonna be a dogfight in the AFC and we should be right in the thick of it.
If Chargers are as good as we think then that really only leaves one spot for 5-6 teams competing for the 6th seed.

I dont expect the Cheifs to miss a beat. AFCW or AFCS should be seeing 2 teams make the playoffs

The one thing I believe about this team is that they won't be middle of the road again. It will either all mesh and they'll play lights out, or it will be a dumpster fire. As many of you have pointed out - it all hinges on Tingles - how does he play? Does he miss any time?

If he can play like he did in year two with an infinitely better supporting cast, I say we win at least 11 games.

This roster is really deep but if he can't get it together, I think we're picking in the top 10 next year. At that point we're either Tanking for Tua or we'll bomb for Fromm.

The one thing I believe about this team is that they won't be middle of the road again. It will either all mesh and they'll play lights out, or it will be a dumpster fire. As many of you have pointed out - it all hinges on Tingles - how does he play? Does he miss any time?

If he can play like he did in year two with an infinitely better supporting cast, I say we win at least 11 games.

This roster is really deep but if he can't get it together, I think we're picking in the top 10 next year. At that point we're either Tanking for Tua or we'll bomb for Fromm.
This is crazy talk

We are either a 9 win team again or we rock the NFL. There is no losing season coming up

Unless Mariota reaaaaally turns it around and also stays healthy, it’s gonna be hard to get anything more than 10 wins. Especially with the schedule they are facing.

If we go 9-7 and mariota continues to be a liability, how much are you (if you are the GM) willing to give up to move up in the draft and who do you want?

Man one thing I have noticed with this pre-season, more than ever, is the lack of love our team and players are getting on ranking boards and what not.

In the past 2-3 years, we've at least been getting some press, some players getting praise etc.

This year, next to nothing.

And I say this knowing the Titans organisation doesnt get much press generally. I just find it weird given every position group has been improved over the past 2-3 years.

Man one thing I have noticed with this pre-season, more than ever, is the lack of love our team and players are getting on ranking boards and what not.

In the past 2-3 years, we've at least been getting some press, some players getting praise etc.

This year, next to nothing.

And I say this knowing the Titans organisation doesnt get much press generally. I just find it weird given every position group has been improved over the past 2-3 years.
Titans do better when there’s zero expectations.

One reason why....MARCUS MARIOTA. Nobody is sure of him....or his ability to stay healthy. Otherwise, we would be viewed much more positively.

One reason why....MARCUS MARIOTA. Nobody is sure of him....or his ability to stay healthy. Otherwise, we would be viewed much more positively.
Two words for all those people. TRENT DILFER. If your defense is dominant your qb can be a glorified backup.

Two words for all those people. TRENT DILFER. If your defense is dominant your qb can be a glorified backup.
I’m just relaying what many of the “doubters” are thinking...They are putting it in the articles, and naturally so. Marcus has been inconsistent and unhealthy, so I get it. As for Dilfer, he had an amazing top tier defense and the game has changed quite a bit. Most teams going the distance have a good QB. Brady, Wilson, Ben, Manning, etc. Hell, even Foles is way better than Dilfer. I get it though, you just need a field general, and unfortunately, Mariota hasn’t been able to put it all together yet.

Hard to disagree. I think MM's poor showing last year has really impacted the perception of us this off-season amongst those who matter. And by those who matter I mean those who somehow get paid to talk on TV.

Hard to disagree. I think MM's poor showing last year has really impacted the perception of us this off-season amongst those who matter. And by those who matter I mean those who somehow get paid to talk on TV.
And let’s be honest, what data has Mariota given to make any national analyst think that he’s a top 20 QB? The one outlier year he was good with dinosaurs Mularkey and Robiskie running the show? The only people hyping Mariota are delusional Titan/Oregon/Hawaiian fans.

I think the shine has worn off Mariota, and him having nobody in his corner may actually play into his favor. He may just be a victim of expectations lol.

And let’s be honest, what data has Mariota given to make any national analyst think that he’s a top 20 QB? The one outlier year he was good with dinosaurs Mularkey and Robiskie running the show? The only people hyping Mariota are delusional Titan/Oregon/Hawaiian fans.

I think the shine has worn off Mariota, and him having nobody in his corner may actually play into his favor. He may just be a victim of expectations lol.
I listen to sports talk basically all day at work. Every national analyst I have heard is down on Mariota. The only positives I hear about Mariota is from people who cover the Titans and either homers or trying to put a positive spin. Was listening to a group of four on Friday talking about if they had to have a qb right now for this season who would they take, Mariota or Winston. Four out of four chose Winston for the upcoming season.

I've quit predicting how a season will go but, on paper, this Titans team has all the tools needed for a deep playoff run.

OPTIMISTS VIEW
Marcus is stronger and in a contract year. Davis has two years under his belt and is ready for a breakout season. Henry has proven he can take over a game. Walker is back. Humphries is the true slot the Titans haven't had for years. The OL looks to be improved and the WR depth is the best this roster has had in a long time. Talented #2 QB.

The Titans back seven is loaded. Casey is still playing at a high level. Wake adds a solid rusher to the mix.

PESSIMIST VIEW
Why should we expect anything different from Mariota? He'll be inconsistent when he plays and the likelihood he stays on the field for 16 games is remote. The #2 QB has an even worse injury history. Henry didn't get it going for most of last season and Lewis wasn't much of a factor either. Lewan is already out 1/4 of the season along with uncertainty with the middle of the OL which was a weakness last year. There are questions about Conklin. Walker is 35 in two weeks and there's a lack of depth at TE.

Casey is the only consistent talent on the DL. The starting LBs are too young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back