Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in drafting an edge rusher. After Chase there’s not really a difference maker. HAVE TO sign Judon, Fowler, Barret or Dupree in FA in my opinion. Then go WR and CB in the first two rounds.
How many WR do we need?

davis, Brown, hump will all still be here. Sharpe is a FA and may not be.

How many WR do we need?

davis, Brown, hump will all still be here. Sharpe is a FA and may not be.

Yeah WR class is super deep. Could easily find great depth in rounds 3/4/5. Juaun Jennings would be a fantastic replacement for Sharpe as a 3rd down receiver and he's projected to go no higher than the 3rd round.

Yeah WR class is super deep. Could easily find great depth in rounds 3/4/5. Juaun Jennings would be a fantastic replacement for Sharpe as a 3rd down receiver and he's projected to go no higher than the 3rd round.
I'm a UT grad and I dont think Jennings is going to amount to crap in the NFL. Dude absolutely bombed the combine. 4.73 40 and 29" vertical are laughable. I'm rooting for the guy but he is not in the conversation before round 6-7 anymore.

I'm a UT grad and I dont think Jennings is going to amount to crap in the NFL. Dude absolutely bombed the combine. 4.73 40 and 29" vertical are laughable. I'm rooting for the guy but he is not in the conversation before round 6-7 anymore.

Ya unfortunately he had a pretty bad combine. On the flip side, Chase Claypool had an unreal combine

There are 20 or 30 viable wide receiver picks that didnt get kicked off their team, stomp someone's face, and run a 4.7 at the combine.

Terrell Lewis. 6'5 260lbs. 37 inch vertical. late 1st - early 2nd rd projection. He would probably be ranked much higher if not for his injury history. He missed half of his freshman season after tearing a ligament in his elbow. He then tore his acl before his sophomore year causing him to miss the season. This year he had 6.5 sacks and 11 tfl. Those numbers are definitely deflated due to his previous injuries, but the fact that he came back after not playing football for 2 years and balled out is really impressive. His 37 inch vertical at 262 lbs is insane(almost identical to J Clowney's measurables) Looking forward to him running at his pro day. If he runs a sub 4.6 he'll probably be a lock for the 1st round. Sounds like he could be our kinda guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speed isn't his game and that was known before the combine. His pro day will be much better I'm sure.

Terrell Lewis. 6'5 260lbs. 37 inch vertical. late 1st - early 2nd rd projection. He would probably be ranked much higher if not for his injury history. He missed half of his freshman season after tearing a ligament in his elbow. He then tore his acl before his sophomore year causing him to miss the season. This year he had 6.5 sacks and 11 tfl. Those numbers are definitely deflated due to his previous injuries, but the fact that he came back after not playing football for 2 years and balled out is really impressive. His 37 inch vertical at 262 lbs is insane(almost identical to J Clowney's measurables) Looking forward to him running at his pro day. If he runs a sub 4.6 he'll probably be a lock for the 1st round. Sounds like he could be our kinda guy.

Pass on Lewis. Much rather have Curtis Weaver.

You must not have watched too many UT games since graduating. Jennings is a beast on the field. He has great hands, is hard to bring down, and blocks downfield really well. He does need to work on his route running, I admit, but the rest of those "measurables" at the combine don't mean anything for how he plays.

Reminds me a bit of Heinz Ward back in the day. I bet he could have a similar career. Or he could be a total bust, unfortunately, there's not much way to know. But the combine doesn't have anything to do with it.

You must not have watched too many UT games since graduating. Jennings is a beast on the field. He has great hands, is hard to bring down, and blocks downfield really well. He does need to work on his route running, I admit, but the rest of those "measurables" at the combine don't mean anything for how he plays.

Reminds me a bit of Heinz Ward back in the day. I bet he could have a similar career. Or he could be a total bust, unfortunately, there's not much way to know. But the combine doesn't have anything to do with it.
I watch every vol game and agree that he was a beast out there. I really thought he could be the sleeper of this class. But those athletic measurables might make him go undrafted.

Alex Highsmith from Charlotte is a guy I like...he needs help developing a few counter moves...although he isn’t the fastest guy he is quick...Clemson LT said that he was the quickest guy off the snap that he has ever faced...

I also like Zack Baun from Wisconsin just a baller....played standing up and with hand in the dirt...had a great 10 yd split at combine which is the most important thing for an edge rusher

Alex Highsmith from Charlotte is a guy I like...he needs help developing a few counter moves...although he isn’t the fastest guy he is quick...Clemson LT said that he was the quickest guy off the snap that he has ever faced...

I also like Zack Baun from Wisconsin just a baller....played standing up and with hand in the dirt...had a great 10 yd split at combine which is the most important thing for an edge rusher

Definitely don't think Baun in RD 1 is out of the question yet- since Clowney is playing Tea Party with teams right now

Azur Kamara out of Kansas is an interesting late rnd guy. 6'3" 245 with 35.25 length arms...longest arms of any defender in the draft.. He ran 4.6 40yd which is solid and had a 1.57 10 yd split. He is very very raw having only played his senior year in high school...was playing soccer before that....so he went to community college for 2 yrs and racked up 20 sacks

played 2 yrs at Kansas ...only started this yr and had 5 sacks.

He is a guy that I would draft and put on the practice squad to let him learn the game better and also to fill out his frame in the weight room.

Derek Tuszka out of North Dakota State is another small school guy who was very productive and had a good combine...his 6.87 3 cone drill was outstanding....he has a great bend and finish to his rush....I haven’t seen too many counter moves in his repertoire though

I watch every vol game and agree that he was a beast out there. I really thought he could be the sleeper of this class. But those athletic measurables might make him go undrafted.

To be fair, a few of the top WR's didn't run great at the combine. Keenan Allen actually ran a 4.75 40. Jarvis Landry ran 4.77.

Tyshun Render is another guy to keep an eye on....he is the DE from MTSU that Belichick skipped the combine to scout...He is raw, but watching his highlight video I'm not sure that I've seen a guy with as many violent tackles...he plays the game angry.

I'm sure JRob made another trip down the the Boro...he had great success taking Byard from MTSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back