Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags have actually been very competitive this season, just keep losing close games. Ravens also super banged up

Jags have a better point differential than the Titans. And the 8-2 Vikings actually.
Point differential isn’t all that great of a determination. Jags absolutely waxed the chargers earlier this year 38-10. That point differential can last a while. Titans had a similar beating by Buffalo.

the large majority of games for every team end in 1 possession.

Point differential isn’t all that great of a determination.
This simply is not true.

Superbowl teams point differentials by year:
21: 6th 8th
20: 1st 6th
19: 3rd 4th
18: 4th 5th
17: 1st 2nd
16: 1st 2nd

Point differential isn't perfect but it's among the best indicators of how good a team is especially if you are a decent ways into the season which we are

Point differential isn’t all that great of a determination. Jags absolutely waxed the chargers earlier this year 38-10. That point differential can last a while. Titans had a similar beating by Buffalo.

the large majority of games for every team end in 1 possession.
yep... even if its a meaningless late TD just to make it an 8 point differential

Watch how packers have just adjusted the defense for Hurts running. Why would you have to do that did you not watch film going in? Everybody knows what they do, first qb in 30 years with 100 yards rushing in first quarter. Thats on Packer coaches. Titans we have them next week make Hurts beat you throwing not running

This simply is not true.

Superbowl teams point differentials by year:
21: 6th 8th
20: 1st 6th
19: 3rd 4th
18: 4th 5th
17: 1st 2nd
16: 1st 2nd

Point differential isn't perfect but it's among the best indicators of how good a team is especially if you are a decent ways into the season which we are
So youre saying that the SB teams were really good? No kidding.

But, just to refute your point, you just said the 4-7 Jags have a better PD than the 7-4 titans.

So youre saying that the SB teams were really good? No kidding.

But, just to refute your point, you just said the 4-7 Jags have a better PD than the 7-4 titans.
So point differential does matter then....

Yeah, they do and I bet will play us a lot tougher than you would expect a 4-7 team to play a 7-4 team.

So point differential does matter then....

Yeah, they do and I bet will play us a lot tougher than you would expect a 4-7 team to play a 7-4 team.
I’d make the opposite argument about point differential telling which team is good. The better the record, the better the point differential tends to be.

Many teams lose and win close games. If anything, that’s been one of the problems the jags have had for a decade, they always lose the close games. That’s why they’re a losing team. Tennessee had that problem a few years ago. They’ve improved in close games which translates to 5 straight winning seasons. Go back through the seasons, how many times did Tennessee beat someone down? Not many.

The play earlier, Aaron Jones runs for TD called back for holding. When I played we called that pancake block and you got helmet sticker on monday. World has changed and I do not like it

yeah.....exactly
You see that’s not the same thing you were saying?

you were explaining the better the point differential the better the team. Or at least that because they had a positive point differential, they’re not as bad as their records says. That’s my disagreement.

if a 2-5 team beats the crap out of those 2 teams, say 41-10 and 35-17. That’s a +39 but then lose 5 games by FG, FG, TD, FG, 5 points. -21 they are still represented at what would be better among the league after 7 games at +18 points.

to note:
Jax is the only losing team with a + differential.
NYG, WAS, And LAC are the only winning teams with a - differential.

so are the jags a “good team” with a bad record, or a “weak team” that won a lobsided game?
Based on what every other point differential states, they’re a losing team that beat down a couple teams?

+24
+28
+7
+1

they’re not even losing close games. By a TD in almost all of their losses. This is a prime example of how point differential can point inaccurately to a bad team being considered better than they are. jags are a bad team. There are a few teams around the league worse. They have 4 W against Denver, Houston, Indy, and today was the first “impressive” win over Baltimore.

You see that’s not the same thing you were saying?

you were explaining the better the point differential the better the team. Or at least that because they had a positive point differential, they’re not as bad as their records says. That’s my disagreement.

if a 2-5 team beats the crap out of those 2 teams, say 41-10 and 35-17. That’s a +39 but then lose 5 games by FG, FG, TD, FG, 5 points. -21 they are still represented at what would be better among the league after 7 games at +18 points.

to note:
Jax is the only losing team with a + differential.
NYG, WAS, And LAC are the only winning teams with a - differential.

so are the jags a “good team” with a bad record, or a “weak team” that won a lobsided game?
Based on what every other point differential states, they’re a losing team that beat down a couple teams?

+24
+28
+7
+1

they’re not even losing close games. By a TD in almost all of their losses. This is a prime example of how point differential can point inaccurately to a bad team being considered better than they are. jags are a bad team. There are a few teams around the league worse. They have 4 W against Denver, Houston, Indy, and today was the first “impressive” win over Baltimore.
I get what you're saying, and I already said there are limitations to point differential. It's not a perfect end all be all. But to dismiss it because of blowouts is silly. Also for what it's worth we have less "impressive" wins than the Jags.

Watch how packers have just adjusted the defense for Hurts running. Why would you have to do that did you not watch film going in? Everybody knows what they do, first qb in 30 years with 100 yards rushing in first quarter. Thats on Packer coaches. Titans we have them next week make Hurts beat you throwing not running
Same way we demolished Racens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back