Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We generally have 2 off ball LBs on any play. Cunningham and long are solid, though not spectacular starters, and each come with a decent amount of risk. Cunningham has had performance/character issues in the past. Long has only started for roughly half a season. Rice was a rookie and looks more like depth than starting material.

I can see an argument that we don't need an immediate starter there, but our depth is ****. We absolutely need another off ball LB, whether that's a vet on a short deal, or a draft pick.

What performance issues has Cunningham had ???

and besides this past season when it was obvious that he did not want to play for the Texans anymore....what character issues has he had???

Our top 2 picks as per Chad Reuter

I'm not big on Howell..."Could become eventually an average starter" we have that! A d his pro comparison is Chase Daniel? Has he ever been a starter?

Tennessee Titans
Round 1: No. 26 overall -- Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

Round 3: No. 90 overall -- Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota

Howell's ability to make plays from -- and outside -- the pocket might push the Titans, who have Ryan Tannehill entrenched as their starter, to follow the example set by teams that have drafted a first-round QB despite the presence of a veteran (see: the Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes and Alex Smith in 2017, the Packers with Jordan Love and Aaron Rodgers in 2020 and the Niners with Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo last year). Faalele's 6-foot-8, 384-pound build could entice another team before the Titans (whose second-rounder went to Atlanta in last year's Julio Jones trade) make their next selection, in Round 3, but he would really fit well with the desire to create huge runways for Derrick Henry in the run game

I can't imagine there is anyway we take Howell. It's probably Ridder or Malik if we go QB round 1. Hopefully, J-Rob is smart enough to see this draft class is pretty awful at QB.

I’m warming on the idea of going QB at 26.
At least one of Pickett, Corral, Howell, Ridder should be available. (Willis goes top 10)
I hate to pass up an impact WR or OL, but somebody to push Tannehill and provide insurance at QB may be more important.

I’m warming on the idea of going QB at 26.
At least one of Pickett, Corral, Howell, Ridder should be available. (Willis goes top 10)
I hate to pass up an impact WR or OL, but somebody to push Tannehill and provide insurance at QB may be more important.
Should have signed Mariota to push Tannehill lol

Ridder is so inaccurate. I don't get what people see in him at all. Every highlight is someone wide open waiting for the ball and making a contested catch.

Ridder is so inaccurate. I don't get what people see in him at all. Every highlight is someone wide open waiting for the ball and making a contested catch.
His flaws are very similar to Tannehill’s flaws with ball placement. Do not want that guy at all. Nor Willis. I think people unfamiliar with Howell will be pleasantly surprised with him. A deep ball guy for sure. Also, Corrall is judged too harshly for the RPO play at Ole Miss, but he has a lot of talent. I love the way he looks off defenders as opposed to the Tannehill stare down method. Both of those guys could start year two.

His flaws are very similar to Tannehill’s flaws with ball placement. Do not want that guy at all. Nor Willis. I think people unfamiliar with Howell will be pleasantly surprised with him. A deep ball guy for sure. Also, Corrall is judged too harshly for the RPO play at Ole Miss, but he has a lot of talent. I love the way he looks off defenders as opposed to the Tannehill stare down method. Both of those guys could start year two.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that assessment of Tammy. Tammy throws darts. But lacks awareness, both in the pocket and regarding coverages. Ridder reminds of of a taller, leaning Jalen Hurts. He's a gamer, but not very accurate.

Willis is raw, but has all the upside in the world. I think I like Howell. Not sure on Corral.

I agree with this. I’d prefer we get Corral, Pickett, or Howell.
Malik has upside, but could easily be a bust. Ridder looks like a career backup.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that assessment of Tammy. Tammy throws darts. But lacks awareness, both in the pocket and regarding coverages. Ridder reminds of of a taller, leaning Jalen Hurts. He's a gamer, but not very accurate.

Willis is raw, but has all the upside in the world. I think I like Howell. Not sure on Corral.
Tammy’s passes are often 2 feet to the side of a receiver. Jonnu and Davis bailed him out a lot with their catch ratio and tenacity. Nick Hyphen did not. That’s a major reason T-head went downhill last season because JR thought he had adequately replaced those two. He did not.

Tammy’s passes are often 2 feet to the side of a receiver. Jonnu and Davis bailed him out a lot with their catch ratio and tenacity. Nick Hyphen did not. That’s a major reason T-head went downhill last season because JR thought he had adequately replaced those two. He did not.
Christian Watson has an NFL 97th percentile catch radius. No other player projected in the top 2 rounds is above 54th percentile.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/christian-watson/

Calvin Austin from Memphis would be a great option if we wait until 3rd round.- 76th percentile catch radius and FAST.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/calvin-austin/

Both are burners with great catch radius.
The difference is Watson is 6’4” and Austin is 5’8”

Last edited by a moderator:
Christian Watson has an NFL 97th percentile catch radius. No other player projected in the top 2 rounds is above 54th percentile.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/christian-watson/

Calvin Austin from Memphis would be a great option if we wait until 3rd round.- 76th percentile catch radius and FAST.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/calvin-austin/

Both are burners with great catch radius.
The difference is Watson is 6’4” and Austin is 5’8”

You look at Watson's drops?

He looks like an NFL TE

He isn't an athletic freak like McBride or Woods and he doesn't block very well. He certainly has the frame to be an NFL starter, but he needs some work. Definitely not someone you would expect to get a ton of playing time year 1.

I personally like McBride, Woods, and Ruckert a good bit more.

He isn't an athletic freak like McBride or Woods and he doesn't block very well. He certainly has the frame to be an NFL starter, but he needs some work. Definitely not someone you would expect to get a ton of playing time year 1.

Reports I read said he blocked well, and that was a strength, but his routes were said to be lanky and unclean. I haven’t looked at much other than a few opinions. Mostly I read he uses his hands well on blocks.

I do remember that the more I looked into Kolar, the more he seemed like a project. If McBride falls, I have little doubt we jump. Having no 2nd absolutely blows….

There are certainly TEs with higher ceilings, but the floor with Kolar is much higher than other TEs I've seen. Great size, hands, extremely smart. He's more than adequate as an athlete and what he lacks he'll make up for it by understanding defenses and being exactly where he should be on each play. It's a good draft for athletic receivers/TEs, I'd like to see them take a couple and go for a higher ceiling player as well

Reports I read said he blocked well, and that was a strength, but his routes were said to be lanky and unclean. I haven’t looked at much other than a few opinions. Mostly I read he uses his hands well on blocks.

Reports I've read are that he's a willing blocker, but lacks technique and play strength. He'll need some coaching up in that area. Again, probably won't see much playing time year 1 because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back