Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm typically against TE in the first round, but we have very few immediate needs. And he is definitely one of the types of TEs I would consider in the 1st. A complete TE in the Kittle/Kelce/Andrews mold.

Ideally, we trade back a few spots, get an extra 2nd or 3rd, and select McBride at the new spot. Go OL.WR with the 2nd pick and then OL/WR at pick 90.

Eh, not thrilled with trading away even more 2023 draft capital. Would rather find a different trade partner to trade down from 26. And certainly not thrilled with spending No. 36 on Raimannn, who is another project type OT and likely not an immediate starter. If you're taking a project, at least go with Faalele who is a mammoth and has probably the highest upside of any OT in the draft.

If we're going with OT in the 2nd/3rd, I hope it is Petit-Frere. One of the best run blocking T's in the class and comes with a ton of experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last day off of work today, with nothing to do. And its raining most of the day..

Looks like today is the 1st (and maybe only before draft) opportunity to hit the books about the draft and prospects.

I'm typically against TE in the first round, but we have very few immediate needs. And he is definitely one of the types of TEs I would consider in the 1st. A complete TE in the Kittle/Kelce/Andrews mold.

Ideally, we trade back a few spots, get an extra 2nd or 3rd, and select McBride at the new spot. Go OL.WR with the 2nd pick and then OL/WR at pick 90.
Agree that's the ideal scenario...hate not having a 2nd especially since we gave it up for a guy not in the roster a season later

Some of these draft "experts" are just hacks throwing 50 darts hoping one or two sticks...

"What can this guy bring to a NFL team?"

"A smart kid, who has a good head on his shoulders. Well coached. And will be able to fit on the roster right away and bring value."

"So you don't know. Thx that's all you gotta say...."

Eh, not thrilled with trading away even more 2023 draft capital. Would rather find a different trade partner to trade down from 26. And certainly not thrilled with spending No. 36 on Raimannn, who is another project type OT and likely not an immediate starter. If you're taking a project, at least go with Faalele who is a mammoth and has probably the highest upside of any OT in the draft.

If we're going with OT in the 2nd/3rd, I hope it is Petit-Frere. One of the best run blocking T's in the class and comes with a ton of experience.

How about the media just stop mocking us to take an OT in the first two rounds for a bit -- if we take a tackle in the first two rounds (pending any trade) I will be highly upset because we're just up singing the same drunken Creed song again.........

We swung and missed TERRIBLY 2 years ago, and Dillon Radunz is actually showing some decent promise once he got up to speed -- and if the plans are to replace Taylor, tackle that next year (no pun intended) after we've drafted our QB this year..... ;)

I would be thrilled with this scenario. Everyone has McBride going early 2nd, but he's def worth drafting late 1st IMO. Would be a perfect addition to our offense and is def a complete TE like you said.

I was pretty much against going O-line in the 1st, just because we've spent so many high picks recently on O-line and it's definitely not sexy. I read this piece by John Glennon and he made me feel much better about going O-line, if that's what J-Rob decides to do: Why the Titans Go O-Line in the First Round. It's a good read if you have time.

I knew the line was bad last year, but I didn't realize we were like 27th in pass blocking. Then, he points out how that correlates to how well Tannehill plays.

Thoughts on this?

As long as it is Zion, Penning, Neal, Cross, Green, or Ekwonu, I don't mind taking an OL first round. No one else is 1st round worthy (aside from Linderbaum, but he is a Center)

I'm starting to really like Ridder.

Seems like he can be everything we thought Mariota would be --- and with a better arm and 40 time..

If the route we choose to go is QB, then the ideal way we get him, is trading back to the front side of round 2.

I mean, I won't be overly upset if we take him in the 1st, but seems silly to take him there when you can have him at like 35 or so, and collect another draft pick.

I'm starting to really like Ridder.

Seems like he can be everything we thought Mariota would be --- and with a better arm and 40 time..

If the route we choose to go is QB, then the ideal way we get him, is trading back to the front side of round 2.

I mean, I won't be overly upset if we take him in the 1st, but seems silly to take him there when you can have him at like 35 or so, and collect another draft pick.
Only problem with that plan is you lose the 5th year option.

What pick would you give up to have a 5th year option on AJB right now?

Just blows me away how many idiots there are with media ties...... OL I wouldnt be thrilled with but would understand....

However, anyone saying we're taking a LB of any capacity obviously has no idea what our roster situation is... that would be the one position (and perhaps CB) that would piss me off.

Our last 4-5 first round picks we haven't went down that road though, so silver lining...

2017 - Needed WR, CB. DAVIS, JACKSON
2018 - Needed MLB. EVANS
2019 - Needed DT/LE. SIMMONS
2020 - Needed T. ISIAH WILSON
2021 - Needed CB. CALEB FARLEY

Disagree. LB is definitely a need. Maybe not as high of a need as OL or TE, but it's definitely a need.

That being said Devin Lloyd is the only off ball LB that is worthy of a 1st round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagree. LB is definitely a need. Maybe not as high of a need as OL or TE, but it's definitely a need.

That being said Devin Lloyd is the only off ball LB that is worthy of a 1st round pick.
We have Long, Cunningham, Rice, and Cole as middle linebackers. If we draft one, it should be really late if at all.

We have Long, Cunningham, Rice, and Cole as middle linebackers. If we draft one, it should be really late if at all.

We generally have 2 off ball LBs on any play. Cunningham and long are solid, though not spectacular starters, and each come with a decent amount of risk. Cunningham has had performance/character issues in the past. Long has only started for roughly half a season. Rice was a rookie and looks more like depth than starting material.

I can see an argument that we don't need an immediate starter there, but our depth is shit. We absolutely need another off ball LB, whether that's a vet on a short deal, or a draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back