Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read he's more thunder than lightning but a tough runner,fits our mentality. 2 ACL tears though. What round is he projected to go in?

I've seen 2nd to 4th round. 2nd round is too rich for him. He's someone who can come in and relieve your starting RB during a wear and tear situation and be your goal line back, but I don't think he'll be a full time starter.

Beating a dead horse here, but still can't believe we passed on Pat Freirmuth last year in favor of Radunz. He was literally a perfect fit for us. And as it turned out, he was graded as the best pass blocking TE in the entire NFL. And he did it as a rookie.Hopefully we doesn't make the same mistake with Trey Mcbride this year. If he's there with our 2nd pick (whenever that may be) he needs to be our pick.

Radunz better turn in some AP type of seasons.
I had this same thought all of last year. TE was a big position of need and we didn't address it at all and thought Firk and MyCole were going to be good enough. They weren't. Freiermuth would be PERFECT in this offense.

Add that to the fact that Radunz played at a small school and even to a non-scout like myself, I could tell he had tons of issues with fundamentals that wouldn't be easily fixed. One of the most head scratching picks J-Rob has made.

I had this same thought all of last year. TE was a big position of need and we didn't address it at all and thought Firk and MyCole were going to be good enough. They weren't. Freiermuth would be PERFECT in this offense.

Add that to the fact that Radunz played at a small school and even to a non-scout like myself, I could tell he had tons of issues with fundamentals that wouldn't be easily fixed. One of the most head scratching picks J-Rob has made.

My issue is more that our first 2 picks were guys who had barely played in nearly 2 years. I like Radunz, but after you take a risky pick in round 1, you need to take a safe pick in round 2. That was absolutely Freirmuth. Even with eyes knew he was pretty much a lock to be mildly successful, even if he wasn't an outright freak athlete like Pitts.

@The Hammer's I mean Mel Kipers pick...

26. Tennessee Titans

Zion Johnson, G/C, Boston College

If Tennessee wants to continue to pound the ball in the run game with Derrick Henry, it has to have a great offensive line. The Titans could upgrade at guard with Johnson, who spent time at multiple positions in college. He didn't allow any quarterback pressures while playing guard in 2021, and he's stout as a run blocker.

Even after adding Robert Woods, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans picked a wideout here. Treylon Burks and Jahan Dotson could be in play.

I hadn't given Jelani Woods much thought until the combine. A 4.61 40 is extremely impressive at his size. He also had the most bench press reps at the position. And he already has a ton of experience as the primary blocking TE at OK. State, as well. I'm very impressed with his athleticism. One of the highest upside TEs in the draft, imo.

Trey McBride is still the dream as his combination of blocking and receiving ability is unmatched in this class. Wydermyer is probably the safest bet to be a highly productive receiving TE (but his blocking pretty much sucks). But if we don't take them in round 1 or trade into round 2, they won't be available for us. Jelani Woods would be my preference at that point.

Feel pretty confident that we will spend a pick on LB and DB this year. DL is a possibility too. We need another Edge defender for depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back