Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we take an offensive lineman in the first round, when we have a QB who can't read the first BIG letter at the eye doctor, and no legitimate slot wr............ I will shave @steverife 's scalp.....

I think we go OL or LB in round 1. Then go Metchie in round 3.

Pass on any and all QBs in round 1.
I understand that going BPA is usually the best route to go, but with holes on the offensive line, TE, and WR, why would we go LB when we're 3 deep there currently? LB is one of the positions I feel the best about.

I think WR in the 1st is the most likely. A lot of depth and some good players may fall due to injury - which would be on brand for JRob.

I understand that going BPA is usually the best route to go, but with holes on the offensive line, TE, and WR, why would we go LB when we're 3 deep there currently? LB is one of the positions I feel the best about.

I think WR in the 1st is the most likely. A lot of depth and some good players may fall due to injury - which would be on brand for JRob.

1. I don't think we're 3 deep at LB. We're losing Brown and Evans. I like Long a lot. He has played very well in the short time we've seen him. But he also been mostly rotational to this point. Will he be exposed as a full time starter? Who knows? Monty Rice seems promising too, but is still a relative unknown. Preferably, we resign Jayon Brown to a similar contract and keep the continuity there.

2. We are working under the assumption that Cunningham will return. I agree that it seems likely, but at his cap hit, he could just as easily get cut. Also, he had multiple personal conduct issues in Houston. So far so good in TN, but he likely doesn't have a long leash.

Zion Johnson will be the pick if he's there.. with the re-signing of Westbrook -Ikline and Fitzpatrick hopefully improving I don't see us going WR in 1

Zion Johnson will be the pick if he's there.. with the re-signing of Westbrook -Ikline and Fitzpatrick hopefully improving I don't see us going WR in 1
Holy Moses I hope we don’t rely on those two for much this year. We need a quality WR who can get open. We only have one reasonably healthy guy who can right now. WR is a BIG need either in the draft or FA.

1. I don't think we're 3 deep at LB. We're losing Brown and Evans. I like Long a lot. He has played very well in the short time we've seen him. But he also been mostly rotational to this point. Will he be exposed as a full time starter? Who knows? Monty Rice seems promising too, but is still a relative unknown. Preferably, we resign Jayon Brown to a similar contract and keep the continuity there.

2. We are working under the assumption that Cunningham will return. I agree that it seems likely, but at his cap hit, he could just as easily get cut. Also, he had multiple personal conduct issues in Houston. So far so good in TN, but he likely doesn't have a long leash.
Long was the starter this year.

Holy Moses I hope we don’t rely on those two for much this year. We need a quality WR who can get open. We only have one reasonably healthy guy who can right now. WR is a BIG need either in the draft or FA.
I agree but not a JRob thing to do...first pick will be OL

I agree but not a JRob thing to do...first pick will be OL
I think depends on what happens in FA. We will draft around whoever we sign. Weepin’ John was fairly blunt about the need for WR who can get open, so he definitely sees it as a need. My worry is we don’t seem to be as good assessing offense as we do defense - in general, there are clear exceptions.

Long averaged 63 snaps per game on defense. Brown averaged 42, Cunningham 38, Evans 37, Rice 18.

None of them played more than 10 games with us. Which is probably the biggest case for considering off ball LB a need.

Long averaged 63 snaps per game on defense. Brown averaged 42, Cunningham 38, Evans 37, Rice 18.

None of them played more than 10 games with us. Which is probably the biggest case for considering off ball LB a need.
Of course, Cunningham joined the party a little later too.

Beating a dead horse here, but still can't believe we passed on Pat Freirmuth last year in favor of Radunz. He was literally a perfect fit for us. And as it turned out, he was graded as the best pass blocking TE in the entire NFL. And he did it as a rookie.Hopefully we doesn't make the same mistake with Trey Mcbride this year. If he's there with our 2nd pick (whenever that may be) he needs to be our pick.

Radunz better turn in some AP type of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back